Semantic Mediawiki (SMW) has been disabled on the PoE wiki due to major issues it has recently caused across the Gamepedia network. The PoE wiki makes widespread use of SMW, which means a large portion of the pages will appear broken or show errors. The community admins and Curse are aware of the issue and are looking into solutions. In the meantime, try web.archive.org for a cached version of the wiki.
Exalted OrbStack Size: 10Enchants a rare item with a new random propertyRight click this item then left click a rare item to apply it. Rare items can have up to six random properties.
Shift click to unstack.Acquisition
Level: 35Sell Price
1x Scroll Fragment
Exalted Orbs are extremely rare currency items that can be dropped by slain monsters, chests, and destructible containers. They also drop from Arcanist's Strongboxes.
Unlike most other currency, these orbs can't be obtained through vendors, except for a very unprofitable vendor recipe where the player trades a Module Error: Item link: No results found for search parameter "mirror of kalandra". for two Exalted Orbs, five Module Error: Item link: No results found for search parameter "regal orb". and one Module Error: Item link: No results found for search parameter "divine orb"..
The drop level of Exalted Orbs is 35.[a]
- A set of 5 Module Error: Item link: No results found for search parameter "abandoned wealth". can be exchanged for three Exalted Orbs.
- A set of 5 Module Error: Item link: No results found for search parameter "emperor's luck". might yield five Exalted Orbs1.
- A set of 12 Module Error: Item link: No results found for search parameter "the hoarder". can be exchanged for an Exalted Orb.
- A set of 10 Module Error: Item link: No results found for search parameter "the saint's treasure". can be exchanged for two Exalted Orbs.
1the set grants 5 of any random currency
Exalted Orbs are high-value currency that play a crucial role in the in-game economy. Their primary purpose is to craft high-end rare items. Because of this, it is regarded as the "gold standard" currency for trading between players, with many trade deals listed in terms of Exalted Orbs. Since the average player does not have the means to craft high-end items, the average player typically trades Exalted Orbs for other valuable equipment instead of consuming them.
For powerful or wealthy players looking to use Exalted Orbs on powerful rare items, there are two primary methods to consume them. The first is through direct use of the orb, adding a random affix to a rare item that does not already have six affixes. The other is to add high-end affixes through mastercrafting by paying a fixed amount of Exalted Orbs. The latter method grants crafters access to the special meta-crafting mods which cannot be rolled naturally.
- The drop level value was extracted from the game data and is valid as of version 2.6.0k.