January 1, 2011
April 18, 2011
June 24, 2011
- Enabled forum item linking!
- Added new skill prototype: Ice Spear (fires an icy projectile that pieces and chills nearby enemies. After a short distance it will arm, exploding on and freezing the first enemy it hits)
- Added new skill prototype: Raise Spectre (raises a ghostly copy of a monster from its corpse which will follow you as a minion)
- Added new skill prototype: Enduring Cry (taunts nearby monsters to attack you and adds Endurance Charges based on how many are nearby)
- Added new support gem: Pierce
- Made the "Synchronise with server" (=) key bindable
- Set up new currency item icons (colour shifted for now) so that they are easier to distinguish
- Incrementally improved effects, animations, sounds and world areas
- There's now a UI option to disable items being picked up unless alt is held down
- Overhaul of chat box that now supports partial scrolling of multiline messages properly
- Tweaked UI colouring on the waypoint screen
- Corpse targeting is now key-bound by default (rather than starting as "Always")
- Added new gems as quest rewards. The new skills are available from the difficulty 1 Merveil quest, and the new support is available from several difficulty 2 quests
- There's now a text notification as gems level up
- The client should now be unable to log in to the server while it is not sufficiently patched
- Fixed a client crash that occurs sometimes when a skeleton caster with attached arrows dies
- Chests can now drop more than just equipment
- Irrelevant monster mods won't occur on casters any more
- Fixed a client crash with whispering
- Spark can now pierce the same monster several times if it has bounced between each pierce
- Fixed a crash bug that occurred when resizing the screen after linking an item in chat
- Fixed up many incorrect world area names
- Fixed a bug where whisper messages from someone in the same instance would appear as local messages
- Whispers to offline players now warn you that the character is offline
- Merveil now shouldn't fail to spawn her second form or her minions if you're too far away
- Improved Energy Shield on items by 34%
- Made unique monsters a lot harder
- Made Merciless difficulty harder again
- Disabled Multiple Cast/Multiple Attack gems. Sorry!
- Substantially increased Flicker Strike's damage
- Made spark do 45% more damage and increased its mana cost per level
- Changed most lightning damage in the game to be a wider range of values
- Decreased Act Two outdoors monster density slightly
- The damage dealt by a shield charge is now proportional to the distance charged. Also increased shield charge damage and disabled it being usable with wands.
- It's now more common to find two linked sockets on items. It's less common to find three-six linked sockets.
- Epic chests now have a substantial bonus to dropped item rarity
- Normalised all weapons in each series to have the same str/dex/int ratios and speeds. Additional series are planned.
- Elemental bosses can now get damage increase mods
- Reduced the "Stun Threshold Reduction" stat on items/passives/supports by 25% globally
- Raised zombies now follow you
- Improved movement speed and damage reduction of raised zombies
- Merveil has equipped a multiple projectiles support gem
- Qarl (December 26, 2016). "Legacy Patch Notes - Part One". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved December 26, 2016.