From Path of Exile Wiki
29 April 2013 00:00:00
10 May 2013 00:00:00
15 May 2013 00:00:00
These are the official patch notes for version 0.10.8 released by Grinding Gear Games.
- Added four new Unique items, three of which were designed by our Diamond supporters. There are new general mechanics that first appear on these items:
- New vendor recipes have been added. These are for specific niche purposes rather than being general currency recipes.
- "Extra gore" effects granted by certain Unique items have been improved, along with slight changes to normal blood effects.
- Added two new cosmetic microtransactions: Demon Hand Cleave and Emerald Rain of Arrows.
- The Alternate Art Redbeak given out in the first race season has been given custom 3d art.
- Graphical Effects have been given to the 3D models for Quill Rain and Rathpith Globe.
- Continued to incrementally improve the art, effects and environments and audio.
- Improved the forced delay on acceptance when other trader changed or removed items and rapidly accepted in single item trades.
- Reverb has been added to audio in selected areas. Some players may need to adjust their audio volumes in response to this.
- Boss music now stops on boss death.
- NPCs turn to face the player when dialogue is initiated.
- Website forum searches now allow time based queries and filters.
- Skill Gems now display Mana Multiplier instead of Mana Cost Multiplier.
- Added a letter from Piety to Arteri in The Western Forest, with a voice acted passage that explains more of the story related to The Way Forward quest.
- Added the Letters of Exile in Lioneye's Watch. This object can be clicked to show information about the history of some of Wraeclast's exiles.
- The content levels for several Act 3 Merciless areas have been changed:
- The Catacombs: 63 → 67
- Battlefront: 61 → 62
- Solaris Temple Level 2: 62 → 63
- Solaris Temple Level 3: 62 → 63
- The Docks: 62 → 63
- Market Sewers: 62 → 64
- The Sewer Waterway: 62 → 65
- The Ebony Barracks: 62 → 66
- Lunaris Temple Level 1: 63 → 66
- Lunaris Temple Level 2: 63 → 67
- Lunaris Temple Level 3: 64 → 68
- Non-map areas cannot drop Maps with a base level higher than 66.
- Each map type now contains a special monster pack based on the theme of the area. This creates a monster variety between map types that players can plan around and lets us adjust the challenge of different map types beyond their size and layout.
- The threshold level for currency penalty is unchanged. You will not be treated as being higher than level 68 for purposes of the currency penalty.
- Merciless Piety now has a dedicated map drop slot with a chance to drop a level 66 map.
- The Catacombs now has a Scribe's Rack chest that can drop scrolls or maps.
- The Marketplace waypoint has been moved to being outside Catacombs entrance.
- Previously, the item rarity bonuses of monsters would not affect any Maps that were dropped. This limitation has been removed, which means that bosses like Piety are likely to drop magic/rare Maps rather than white ones.
- Lightning WarpLightning WarpSpell, AoE, Duration, Movement, Lightning
Mana Cost: (15-33)
Cast Time: 1.00 sec
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Damage Effectiveness: 60%Requires Level 10Casts a delayed teleport to a target destination. When the teleport occurs, lightning damage is dealt to the area around both where the player was and where they teleported to.Per 1% Quality:
1% increased Cast SpeedDeals (1-37) to (19-707) Lightning Damage
(0-38)% reduced DurationPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket. now has increased damage at high levels and it now has a 3% reduced skill effect duration per level after the first.
- DischargeDischargeSpell, AoE, Fire, Cold, Lightning
Mana Cost: (24-47)
Cast Time: 1.00 sec
Critical Strike Chance: 7.00%
Damage Effectiveness: 150%Requires Level 28Discharge all the character's charges to deal elemental damage to all nearby monsters.Per 1% Quality:
0.5% increased Area of EffectDeals (4-31) to (77-589) base Lightning Damage per Power Charge
Deals (29-221) to (43-331) base Fire Damage per Endurance Charge
Deals (24-180) to (36-271) base Cold Damage per Frenzy Charge
35% less Damage if TriggeredPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket. now has increased damage at high levels.
- Freeze MineFreeze MineMine, Spell, AoE, Cold
Mana Cost: (6-22)
Cast Time: 0.50 sec
Damage Effectiveness: 50%Requires Level 10Lays a remote mine that you can detonate to freeze all enemies in the area.Per 1% Quality:
0.5% increased Area of EffectDeals (7-181) to (10-271) Cold Damage
Enemies lose 15% Cold Resistance while Frozen
Mine lasts 16 seconds
Freezes enemies as though dealing (200-390)% more Damage
Places a Remote Mine which uses this Skill when detonated
Always Freezes enemiesPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket. has had its cast time for laying the mine decreased to 500ms from 1 second.
- The detonation time for all mines has been reduced to 200ms from 1 second.
- PuncturePunctureAttack, Duration, Melee, Bow
Mana Cost: 6
Cast Time: 1.00 secRequires Level 4Punctures the target, causing a bleeding debuff, which will be affected by modifiers to skill duration. Puncture works with bows, daggers, claws or swords.Per 1% Quality:
1% increased Skill Effect DurationDeals (100-122.8)% of Base Damage
Base duration is 8 seconds
Causes BleedingPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket. now has increased damage at high levels and Physical Damage % added to it that increases each level, to match other similar skills. Puncture may now be used with Two Handed Swords.
- The Life Leech SupportLife Leech SupportSupport
Mana Multiplier: 130%Requires Level 31Supports any skill that hits enemies, causing those hits to leech life based on damage dealt.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills have 0.5% increased Life Leeched per secondSupported Skills have 2% of Damage Leeched as Life
Supported Skills have (0-38)% increased Life Leeched per secondThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket. Support gem now starts at 5% leech and progresses in smaller increments up to 8.8% leech at Level 20.
- The Mana Leech SupportMana Leech SupportSupport
Icon: mRequires Level 31Supports any skill that hits enemies, causing those hits to leech mana based on damage dealt.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills have 0.5% increased Mana Leeched per secondSupported Skills have 2% of Damage Leeched as Mana
Supported Skills have (0-38)% increased Mana Leeched per secondThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket. Support gem now starts at 2% and goes up in smaller increments, reaching 5.1% at Level 20.
- Asphyxia, the boss of the Reef map has been redesigned, with new stats, skills and AI.
- The notable passive Deep Thoughts near the Witch area has been changed to: +20% maximum mana, +20% mana regeneration, 20 Intelligence.
- The notable passive Deep Thoughts between the Ranger and Shadow start area has been changed to a Mana Flows notable passive.
- Town instances now have a 20 second ping timeout rather than 6 seconds.
- Fixed a bug where instances would sometimes crash when multiple players were entering a new map.
- Fixed a bug where Devouring TotemDevouring TotemTotem, Spell
Mana Cost: (20-44)
Cast Time: 1.00 secRequires Level 4Summons a totem that can consume nearby corpses. If you are hurt, it will destroy a corpse to leech life to you.Per 1% Quality:
1% increased totem lifeSummons a Totem which uses this Skill
Totem lasts 8 seconds
Leeches (30-299) Life to you for each corpse consumed
Leeches (9-59) Mana to you for each corpse consumedPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket. would attempt to raise a corpse on its own location which is then killed, causing an instance crash.
- Fixed a bug where projectiles could appear at the wrong height.
- Fixed a bug where Shield ChargeShield ChargeAttack, AoE, Movement, Melee
Radius: 8 / 16
Mana Cost: 8
Cast Time: 1.00 sec
Damage Effectiveness: (50%-61%)Requires Level 10Charges at a targeted location or enemy, pushing away enemies in your path and repeatedly dealing damage in a small area in front of you. You deal damage in a larger area when you reach the target. The further you travel, the more damage you deal, and the greater your chance of stunning enemies. Cannot be supported by Multistrike.Per 1% Quality:
1% increased DamageDeals (50-61.4)% of Base Damage
50% increased Stun Threshold reduction on enemies at Maximum charge distance
75% increased Movement Speed
200% more Damage with Hits at Maximum Charge DistancePlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket. consumes mana when frozen.
- Fixed a bug where a specific skeleton pack in map areas would always spawn as magic.
- Fixed a bug where characters wearing Icetomb were affected by chilled ground.