April 29, 2013
May 10, 2013
May 15, 2013
These are the official patch notes for version 0.10.8 released by Grinding Gear Games.
- Added four new Unique items, three of which were designed by our Diamond supporters. There are new general mechanics that first appear on these items:
- New vendor recipes have been added. These are for specific niche purposes rather than being general currency recipes.
- "Extra gore" effects granted by certain Unique items have been improved, along with slight changes to normal blood effects.
- Added two new cosmetic microtransactions: Demon Hand Cleave and Emerald Rain of Arrows.
- The Alternate Art Redbeak given out in the first race season has been given custom 3d art.
- Graphical Effects have been given to the 3D models for Quill Rain and Rathpith Globe.
- Continued to incrementally improve the art, effects and environments and audio.
- Improved the forced delay on acceptance when other trader changed or removed items and rapidly accepted in single item trades.
- Reverb has been added to audio in selected areas. Some players may need to adjust their audio volumes in response to this.
- Boss music now stops on boss death.
- NPCs turn to face the player when dialogue is initiated.
- Website forum searches now allow time based queries and filters.
- Skill Gems now display Mana Multiplier instead of Mana Cost Multiplier.
- Added a letter from Piety to Arteri in The Western Forest, with a voice acted passage that explains more of the story related to The Way Forward quest.
- Added the Letters of Exile in Lioneye's Watch. This object can be clicked to show information about the history of some of Wraeclast's exiles.
- The content levels for several Act 3 Merciless areas have been changed:
- The Catacombs: 63 → 67
- Battlefront: 61 → 62
- Solaris Temple Level 2: 62 → 63
- Solaris Temple Level 3: 62 → 63
- The Docks: 62 → 63
- Market Sewers: 62 → 64
- The Sewer Waterway: 62 → 65
- The Ebony Barracks: 62 → 66
- Lunaris Temple Level 1: 63 → 66
- Lunaris Temple Level 2: 63 → 67
- Lunaris Temple Level 3: 64 → 68
- Non-map areas cannot drop Maps with a base level higher than 66.
- Each map type now contains a special monster pack based on the theme of the area. This creates a monster variety between map types that players can plan around and lets us adjust the challenge of different map types beyond their size and layout.
- The threshold level for currency penalty is unchanged. You will not be treated as being higher than level 68 for purposes of the currency penalty.
- Merciless Piety now has a dedicated map drop slot with a chance to drop a level 66 map.
- The Catacombs now has a Scribe's Rack chest that can drop scrolls or maps.
- The Marketplace waypoint has been moved to being outside Catacombs entrance.
- Previously, the item rarity bonuses of monsters would not affect any Maps that were dropped. This limitation has been removed, which means that bosses like Piety are likely to drop magic/rare Maps rather than white ones.
- Lightning WarpLightning WarpSpell, AoE, Duration, Movement, Lightning, Travel
Mana Cost: (9-26)
Cast Time: 0.70 sec
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Effectiveness of Added Damage: 60%Requires Level 10Waits for a duration before teleporting to a targeted destination, with the duration based on the distance and your movement speed. When the teleport occurs, lightning damage is dealt to the area around both where the player was and where they teleported to. Casting again will queue up multiple teleportations to occur in sequence.Per 1% Quality:
1% increased Cast SpeedDeals (1-37) to (19-707) Lightning Damage
(30-49)% reduced Duration
Can queue up to 50 usesPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket. now has increased damage at high levels and it now has a 3% reduced skill effect duration per level after the first.
- DischargeDischargeSpell, AoE, Fire, Cold, Lightning, Nova
Mana Cost: (13-25)
Cast Time: 0.75 sec
Critical Strike Chance: 7.00%
Effectiveness of Added Damage: 150%Requires Level 28Discharge all the character's charges to deal elemental damage to all nearby monsters.Per 1% Quality:
0.5% increased Area of EffectDeals (5-34) to (93-651) base Lightning Damage per Power Charge removed
Deals (35-244) to (52-365) base Fire Damage per Endurance Charge removed
Deals (29-199) to (43-299) base Cold Damage per Frenzy Charge removed
35% less Damage if TriggeredPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket. now has increased damage at high levels.
- Icicle MineIcicle MineMine, Spell, Projectile, Cold, Aura, AoE
Mana Reserved: (3-6)
Cast Time: 0.75 sec
Critical Strike Chance: 6.00%
Effectiveness of Added Damage: 110%Requires Level 12Throws a mine that fires projectiles around it when detonated. These projectiles quickly dissipate as they travel, before disappearingPer 1% Quality:
1% increased Projectile SpeedDeals (16-514) to (24-771) Cold Damage
Mine lasts 5 seconds
Base Mine Detonation Time is 0.3 seconds
Each Mine applies 10% increased Critical Strike Chance to Hits against Enemies near it, up to a maximum of 500%
Fires 4 additional Projectiles
Fires Projectiles in a circle
Fires an additional Projectile for every 2 prior Mines in Detonation SequencePlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket. has had its cast time for laying the mine decreased to 500ms from 1 second.
- The detonation time for all mines has been reduced to 200ms from 1 second.
- PuncturePunctureAttack, Projectile, Duration, Melee, Strike, Physical, Bow
Mana Cost: 6
Cast Time: 1.00 sec
Attack Speed: 70% of Base
Effectiveness of Added Damage: (135%-165%)Requires Level 4Punctures enemies, causing a bleeding debuff, which will be affected by modifiers to skill duration. Puncture works with bows, daggers, claws or swords.Per 1% Quality:
Bleeding inflicted by this Skill deals Damage 0.5% fasterDeals (134.74-164.56)% of Base Attack Damage
Base duration is 8 seconds
(3-75) to (4-113) Added Attack Physical Damage
(30-49)% more Damage with Bleeding
+(0-2) to Melee Strike RangePlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket. now has increased damage at high levels and Physical Damage % added to it that increases each level, to match other similar skills. Puncture may now be used with Two Handed Swords.
- The Life Leech SupportLife Leech SupportSupport
Mana Multiplier: 130%Requires Level 31Supports any skill that hits enemies, causing those hits to leech life based on damage dealt.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills deal 0.5% increased Damage while Leeching LifeSupported Skills have (2-3.9)% of Damage Leeched as LifeThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket. Support gem now starts at 5% leech and progresses in smaller increments up to 8.8% leech at Level 20.
- The Mana Leech SupportMana Leech SupportSupport
Icon: mRequires Level 31Supports attack skills that hit enemies, causing those hits to leech mana based on damage dealt.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills deal 0.5% increased Damage while Leeching ManaSupported Attacks have (2-3.9)% of Damage Leeched as ManaThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket. Support gem now starts at 2% and goes up in smaller increments, reaching 5.1% at Level 20.
- Asphyxia, the boss of the Reef map has been redesigned, with new stats, skills and AI.
- The notable passive Deep Thoughts near the Witch area has been changed to: +20% maximum mana, +20% mana regeneration, 20 Intelligence.
- The notable passive Deep Thoughts between the Ranger and Shadow start area has been changed to a Mana Flows notable passive.
- Town instances now have a 20 second ping timeout rather than 6 seconds.
- Fixed a bug where instances would sometimes crash when multiple players were entering a new map.
- Fixed a bug where Devouring TotemDevouring TotemTotem, Spell
Mana Cost: (20-44)
Cast Time: 1.00 secRequires Level 4Summons a totem that can consume nearby corpses. If you are hurt, it will destroy a corpse to leech life to you.Per 1% Quality:
1% increased totem lifeTotem lasts 8 seconds
Leeches (30-299) Life to you for each corpse Consumed
Leeches (9-59) Mana to you for each corpse ConsumedPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket. would attempt to raise a corpse on its own location which is then killed, causing an instance crash.
- Fixed a bug where projectiles could appear at the wrong height.
- Fixed a bug where Shield ChargeShield ChargeAttack, AoE, Movement, Travel, Melee
Radius: 8 / 16
Mana Cost: 10
Cast Time: 1.00 secRequires Level 10Charges at a targeted location or enemy, pushing away enemies in your path and repeatedly dealing off-hand damage in a small area in front of you. You deal damage in a larger area when you reach the target. The further you travel, the more damage you deal, and the greater your chance of stunning enemies. Cannot be supported by Multistrike.Per 1% Quality:
1% increased Movement Speed75% increased Stun Threshold reduction on enemies at Maximum charge distance
(90-109)% increased Movement Speed
100% more Damage with Hits at Maximum Charge Distance
(15-172) to (22-258) Base Off Hand Physical Damage
2 to 3 Added Physical Damage per 15 Armour or Evasion Rating on Shield
Base Off Hand Attack time is (0.53-0.48) seconds
+0.1% to Critical Strike Chance per 10 Maximum Energy Shield on Shield
Base Off Hand Critical Strike Chance is 5%Place into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket. consumes mana when frozen.
- Fixed a bug where a specific skeleton pack in map areas would always spawn as magic.
- Fixed a bug where characters wearing Icetomb were affected by chilled ground.