Passive node locations
I don't recommend putting in the locations of basic passive nodes, as you did with Aura Effect. Not only is this information liable to become outdated very quickly, but it's extremely tedious for people to update, which means it won't get updated. —Vini (t|c) 15:22, 5 November 2013 (UTC)
- Well, with official release I'm secretly hoping for a lot fewer changes to the tree, maybe annually or so... But you're right. And it obviously wouldn't work for say Life or Strength. Do you think a simple count of those with 2-6 nodes, and nearby notables in a related passives section, would be okay? --Qetuth-(talk) 22:36, 5 November 2013 (UTC)
Too many bestiary categories!
You're being a bit overzealous with categorization here. There's no actual reason to have a category listing the monsters for each and every zone—eg., Category:Monsters in The Ledge and Category:Monsters in The Flooded Depths—when one can simply go to the page for The Ledge or The Flooded Depths and see a complete listing of the mobs in that zone. That said, the monster type categories actually serve a purpose. Keep those, but get rid of the monsters-by-zone categories. —Vini (t|c) 11:32, 12 November 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry, Qetuth, that's my bad. Vini, is there a way to link to the location in the categories bar at the bottom of the wiki page? I was thinking the purpose of the categories would be so people could easily navigate between monsters in the same area. "Those discharging undying are nasty! I wonder if I ever have to deal with them again... Oh, they're in the sewers, too? What else is down there? Poison bomb throwers and leap slam frogs? Fuck me." You know? FootHands (talk) 11:47, 12 November 2013 (UTC)
I just wanted to say nice work on the bestiary. It's a section of the wiki that has long been neglected. Regarding the Category:Monsters by Zone categorization mentioned earlier, shall I go ahead and delete those? —Vini (t|c) 04:17, 9 September 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah, delete those. Btw, I've been thinking about categories/navigation a little - Virtually no individual varieties have their own page, and I've been creating redirects to fix all the red-links everywhere, because there is so little information to put on an individual monster page yet. I was wondering if the individual monster pages would be better as a template that can be put in lists the way we do with passives? --Qetuth-(talk) 04:53, 9 September 2014 (UTC)
- That's hilarious! I'll try to avoid stepping on your toes. Regarding your suggestion, that might work. For now, I think we can create redirects as you've been doing and see where that takes us. You can also start a topic in the community portal to discuss your idea further. —Vini (t|c) 05:05, 9 September 2014 (UTC)
Why we don't use templates for items and maps at divination cards page?
This. I'm talking about templates like Module Error: Item link: No results found for search parameter "Grotto Map"., Exalted OrbExalted OrbStack Size: 10Enchants a rare item with a new random modifierRight click this item then left click a rare item to apply it. Rare items can have up to six random modifiers. Removes 20% Quality applied by Catalysts on use.
Shift click to unstack. and so on. – Freeeeez aka TheFrz – 02:23, 20 November 2015 (UTC)
- They either don't transclude onto the Divination Card page properly, or they screw up the divination card's own il popup. You're trying to embed a popup inside a popup, I think is a part of the problem. We tried several things when the new div card table was set up and coloured links was the best we came up with for the uniques.--Qetuth-(talk) 02:43, 20 November 2015 (UTC)