Game data updates to the wiki have been started.
A system has been added that will automatically add divination cards and other items to the item acquisition sections where appropriate. Entries added by this system will be shown as automatic in the item acquisition section.
Some pages will need to be updated to include
upgraded_from_disabled=true if they are not eligible for the system.
Some further details on what needs to be done can be found on Path of Exile Wiki:To-do list/Automatic upgraded from and issues can be posted on the talk page.
Exp to level
Is this a planned addition to all gem pages? If so, I will start filling it in.--Spud 01:27, 25 June 2012 (UTC)
- Someone's requested to put it in, and I figured I'd standardize it. It'll probably be the part most likely to change throughout the beta period, but considering all the info we're currently inputting will change several times over, the added futility shouldn't distract me. So go ahead and fill it in, if you please. --Aezlo 01:29, 25 June 2012 (UTC)
I filled in a few of the values. I'm thinking we will need to use place dividers (e.g. 1,000,000 vs 1000000) because the numbers do get quite large past about level 10--Spud 12:14, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
What language are you written in? Ionface 07:27, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
Could you be more specific? I have no idea what you're talking about.--Aezlo 07:29, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- You are obviously a wiki robot, look at your mechanical efficiency. Ionface 07:36, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Oh no, my secret has been revealed. A couple of years of data entry work has made me a what I am, beep boop. --Aezlo 07:42, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
Very Descriptive Passive Skills and the Mechanics They Represent
Check out this topic I made in response to your proposed deletions. I'm not sure anyone would care if they are deleted, but we certainly have a problem with all these things being named the same as their skills. Ionface 09:39, 25 June 2012 (UTC)
Support Gems being moved to inside other articles
Not a fan of that idea. I'm talking about things like Blood Magic support gem being put inside the Blood Magic keystone. The two, while they function similarly, are entirely different entities. If GGG tomorrow decides to change the name of the Keystone ability (or vice-versa) it would make for a lot of work to separate them again. Also, if we ever get to the point of talking about support gem interactions or anything along those lines, it would significantly clutter the combined page. I believe a link from one to the other would be fine ie. (Blood Magic refers to the Passive Skill Tree Keystone ability, not to be confused with Blood Magic (Support Gem).)
Also, I don't think Totem, Trap, and Remote Mine should all be on the same page. Having them all linked from a remote skill page makes sense, but having all of their data on a single page clutters up Remote Skill too much. TheRabbit 17:14, 26 June 2012 (UTC)
Yeah I thought it might be a bit much and was just kind of experimenting to see how it'd look. I'll probably rollback most of those today. --Aezlo 21:20, 26 June 2012 (UTC)
That is an amazing amount of typing you just did! Ion wasn't joking when he asked what language you were written in. TheRabbit 23:01, 28 June 2012 (UTC)
- I'm afraid I must demystify it and introduce the fact that I generally use  and  to reduce the typing I have to do, and I'm constantly trying to find more efficient ways to do things. I've spent tons of time reading the mediawiki help wikis as well, so it's really not as impressive as it might seem. --Aezlo 23:11, 28 June 2012 (UTC)
Can you make a shields page?
Could you make a page for shields like you did for swords, but add an additional column for block chance? I'd like to start collecting that data, since the block chance doesn't show up on the website, and is one of the most important stats (IMO)
Thanks, TheRabbit 16:26, 3 July 2012 (UTC)
- Done. If you're interested in the mechanics, we've also got the currently blank Block Chance (from the Passives page). I'm slowly working to fill all those in as well. --Aezlo 23:15, 3 July 2012 (UTC)
I'm currently doing a large scale mathematical analysis on bosses, orbs of chance and the effects of quantity/rarity regarding diminishing returns. I know similar has been done before, however this is on a greater scale. I have chosen basic items, such as simple robe (so I can deduct the difference between a lower and a higher tier unique's probability of spawning), and lower level bosses.
If I reach to the point where I can give an exact number about the probability of specific chance-based events to occur, with a minimum calculated margin of error (i.e. 1% +- 0.1%), can I add that to the wikipedia page it belongs to? (To that specific boss/item/etc.)
Thank you in advance.