Mana Cost: (8-10)
Cast Time: 1.00 sec
Effectiveness of Added Damage: (90%-109%)Requires Level 28Fires a piercing shot that travels until it reaches the targeted location. It will then fire projectiles out in all directions from that point, which will travel for a short time before disappearing.Per 1% Quality:1231% increased Projectile Damage3% of Physical Damage converted to a random Element0.5% increased Attack SpeedDeals (90-109)% of Base Attack Damage
Fires 3 secondary ProjectilesPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.Acquisition
Level: 28Purchase Costs
|Normal||1x Orb of Chance|
1x Scroll FragmentMiscellaneous
Item class: Active Skill Gems
Metadata ID: Metadata/Items/Gems/SkillGemTornadoShot
Skill functions and interactions
- Secondary projectiles: Upon reaching the targeted location, Tornado Shot's projectile releases three secondary arrows in random directions. No target can be hit by more than one secondary arrow from a single explosion.
- Multiple projectiles: When Tornado Shot fires additional projectiles, such as when supported by Lesser Multiple Projectiles SupportLesser Multiple Projectiles SupportSupport, Projectile
Mana Multiplier: 140%Requires Level 8Supports projectile skills.Per 1% Quality:123Supported Skills have 0.5% increased Attack Speed
Supported Skills have 0.5% increased Cast SpeedSupported Skills have 1% reduced Mana Cost
Supported Skills have 0.5% increased Projectile SpeedProjectiles Fired by Supported Skills have 1% increased Projectile spreadSupported Skills fire 2 additional Projectiles
Supported Skills deal (15-6)% less Projectile DamageThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket., the arrows are fired side by side, each exploding and releasing three arrows. Enemies can be hit by secondary arrows released by different primary arrows. This makes Tornado Shot with additional projectiles particularly effective against single targets.
- Point Blank: Since Tornado Shots secondary arrows are a continuation of the primary arrows (similar to Chain or Fork), their distance traveled for the purposes of Point Blank includes the distance traveled by their primary projectile as well as their own. This means that targets immediately next to the explosion of a primary arrow do not necessarily take the full +30% damage bonus on the secondary arrow.
- Projectile speed: Projectile speed will increase the distance that the secondary projectiles travel before disappearing, effectively increasing their range.
Gem level progression
This item can be acquired through the following upgrade paths or vendor recipes:
|6||The FoxThe Fox6Level 20 Gem"Masters of wit, strength and cunning. To survive the harsh winters, you must be like the fox."|
- Ezomyte Proverb
|random level 20 gem||Automatic|
|3||Gemcutter's PromiseGemcutter's Promise3Superior Gem|
Quality: +20%"I swore to use my position to help the people. What good is power when it just accumulates on the already-powerful?" - Erasmus, Imperial Gemcutter
|random superior gem (Q20)||Automatic|
This item is given as a quest reward for the following quests:
|Sever the Right Hand|
This item can be bought at the listed NPC vendors, after completing the following quests:
|A Fixture of Fate|
|Sever the Right Hand|
|Fallen from Grace|
Related helmet enchantments
The following helmet enchantments affect Tornado Shot.
|Enchantment Tornado Shot Critical Strike Chance 1||66||60% increased Tornado Shot Critical Strike Chance||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Tornado Shot Critical Strike Chance 2||75||90% increased Tornado Shot Critical Strike Chance||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Tornado Shot Damage 1||66||25% increased Tornado Shot Damage||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Tornado Shot Damage 2||75||40% increased Tornado Shot Damage||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Tornado Shot Num Of Secondary Projectiles 2||75||Tornado Shot fires an additional secondary Projectile||helmet 100|
Alternate skill effects
Tornado Shot has the following alternate skill effects:
|Crystal Tornado Shot EffectCrystal Tornado Shot EffectSkill Gem EffectYour Tornado Shot becomes a Crystal Effect.||Your Tornado Shot becomes a Crystal Effect.|
|Ebony Tornado ShotEbony Tornado ShotSkill Gem EffectYour Tornado Shot becomes an Ebony Effect.||Your Tornado Shot becomes an Ebony Effect.|
- Mark_GGG (September 17, 2017). "Mark_GGG comments on Point Blank mechanics". /r/pathofexile Subreddit. Retrieved October 31, 2017.