A solution to the Semantic Mediawiki (SMW) problem been found and SMW has been reenabled. SMW is currently rebuilding properties on various pages, until that is done expect to see further "not found" issues or incomplete item lists. Work on porting SMW templates to Cargo continues on as well, potentially causing temporary disruption to pages.
|Location(s)||The Shaper's Realm|
|Quest(s)||The Shaper (quest)|
|Health||20 190 261|
|Resistance(s)|| 40% Fire |
|Modifier(s)|| Cannot Be Frozen |
Cannot Be Knocked Back
Cannot Be Taunted
80% Less Curse Effectiveness
The Shaper is a boss residing in the Shaper's Realm. He is the main antagonist of the Atlas of Worlds expansion. Background information is given through the Memory Fragments shattered across the maps.
- Deals 100% of Damage
- 33% more Attack Speed
- Deals 5384 Fire Damage per second
- Deals 4405 Cold Damage per second
- Deals 6057 Lightning Damage per second
- Base duration is 3 seconds
- Deals 5639 to 8458 Cold Damage
- Damage Penetrates 25% Cold Resistance
- Deals 300% of Damage
- 50% less Attack Speed
- Deals 5639 to 8458 Cold Damage
- 11 additional Projectiles
- Damage Penetrates 25% Cold Resistance
- Base duration is 25 seconds
The Shaper is one of the most difficult bosses in Path of Exile, if not the most difficult of them all. His abilities deal very high damage and he has the highest health pool out of any enemy in the game. The fight consists of multiple phases. Before the Shaper encounter begins, the player must defeat four side bosses at the nexus. After that a portal opens in the middle to the Shaper's arena. The Shaper himself has three phases. At the end of the first and second phases he sends Zana and the player to an area they must traverse with a boss waiting at the end. Killing that boss opens a portal to resume the Shaper fight. The Shaper recovers health slowly between phases.
The entry area is X shaped and contains four paths, each leading to a boss that must be killed before a portal in the middle opens. The bosses are four randomly-chosen map bosses. After they are killed, the Shaper fight can begin.
The Shaper uses the following skills, which he keeps in all phases:
- Melee Attack: A lash that does melee damage. He only uses it while in melee range.
- Golden Projectiles: The Shaper fires three golden orbs that deal massive cold damage and penetrate 25% cold resistance, one after another.
- Shaper Beam: The Shaper channels a huge golden beam that deals fire, cold and lightning damage over time. The beam only targets one location per skill usage.
- Teleport Slam: The Shaper spins and disappears in a blanket of void, and then teleports to the player's location, followed by a powerful slam with a large area of effect. A movement skill is recommended to avoid taking damage from this move.
- Portal: The Shaper teleports to the side of the arena and opens a portal while he becomes immune to damage. Powerful shaped monsters exit the portal one at a time and attempt to attack Zana and the player. Meanwhile, Zana stays in the middle and attempts to channel a beam that closes the portal. This is the only time in the fight when she is vulnerable to damage. If she loses all her health, she retreats and slowly recovers health. If she is successfully kept alive for several seconds during the portal phase, the portal is closed prematurely.
Additionally, slow-moving cold balls spawn once every few seconds. They don't do any direct damage, but once the player touches them, they create a vortex that permanently stains the arena until the phase ends. Stepping in such vortex chills the player and deals cold damage over time.
You are prevented from opening portals while fighting the Shaper.
Once the Shaper has been reduced to 50% health, he banishes Zana and the player and slowly regenerates life until both return.
The Shaper keeps all his abilities from phase one, and gets a new one: He casts a bullet hell of cold projectiles that deal heavy damage and are incredibly difficult to dodge, while he is invulnerable. When he does it, Zana teleports to the middle and creates a protective bubble that entirely blocks these projectiles. She doesn't do this, however, if she's recovering from losing all her health in the portal phase, so it's important to keep her alive.
Additionally, the vortex balls spawn more often than in phase 1.
Once the Shaper has been reduced to 25% health, he once again banishes Zana and the player and slowly regenerates life until both return.
The Shaper keeps all his abilities from phase two, and gets a new one: He can summon an invulnerable, spectral double that uses one of his skills, which disappears after several seconds.
Additionally, the vortex balls appear significantly more often than in the previous phases, potentially making most of the arena unsafe and leaving very little room for maneuvering.
This is the final phase, and once the Shaper is reduced 0% health, he finally dies.
Between each of the Shaper phases, Zana and the player must traverse an area filled with monsters and kill a boss at its end. Those areas use randomly-chosen tilesets, and appear to be thin, floating islands in a sea of stars. Each of the bosses at the end are based on Riftwalker from the Temple Map, but have much higher health.
- The Uncreated is the boss between phase 1 and phase 2. It has the same skill set as Riftwalker.
- The Unshaped is the boss between phase 2 and phase 3. He is similar to The Uncreated but also fires a volley of frostbolts in quick succession every once in a while.
The Shaper slowly regenerates his health during the between phases, so it's recommended to complete them as quickly as possible. Once The Uncreated/Unshaped is killed, this regeneration stops, and the between phase is complete.
The Shaper has four exclusive unique item drops, and will always drop one of them:
- Module Error: Item link: No results found for search parameter "dying sun".
- Shaper's TouchShaper's Touch
Crusader GlovesQuality: +20%
Armour: (242 to 290)
Energy Shield: (48 to 57)Requires Level 66, 51 Str, 51 Int(80-120)% increased Armour and Energy Shield
+4 Accuracy Rating per 2 Intelligence
+1 Life per 4 Dexterity
+2 Mana per 4 Strength
2% increased Energy Shield per 10 Strength
2% increased Evasion Rating per 10 Intelligence
2% increased Melee Physical Damage per 10 DexterityBy my hand, the inert is given life.
By my hand, that which rots is reborn.
There is nothing that cannot be changed.
Infernal SwordTwo Hand Swords
Physical Damage: (270.4 to 322.4)–(561.6 to 669.6)
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Attacks per Second: (1.42 to 1.46)
Weapon Range: 11Requires Level 67, 113 Str, 113 Dex30% increased Accuracy Rating(400-500)% increased Physical Damage
(5-8)% increased Attack Speed
+(90-100) to maximum Life
20% increased Area of Effect for Attacks
Deal no Elemental Damage
Your Physical Damage can ShockThe end is written into the beginning.
Murder BootsQuality: +20%
Evasion: (481 to 555)
Energy Shield: (44 to 51)Requires Level 69, 82 Dex, 42 Int+(30-50) to Dexterity
(140-180)% increased Evasion and Energy Shield
30% increased Movement Speed
20% chance to Avoid Projectiles while Phasing
You have Phasing if you've Killed Recently
Projectiles Pierce 5 additional Targets while you have Phasing
Celestial FootprintsStep into the void
and experience true freedom.
- PhysGGG (January 16, 2017). "The voice acting for the shaper memories is superb.". Official Path of Exile subreddit. Retrieved January 16, 2017.