|Location(s)||The Shaper's Realm|
|Quest(s)||The Shaper (legacy)|
Sanity's Requiem (legacy)
The Eldritch Decay (legacy)
|Health||74 712 908|
|Resistance(s)||50% Fire |
|Modifier(s)||66% Less Curse Effectiveness |
Cannot Be Fully Slowed
Immune To Knockback
I no longer believe these are realms of chance, rather, they must have been formulated by a sentient mind... a designer or architect. Every shadow in this place creeps about with an unforeseen purpose.
The Shaper is the creator of the Atlas of Worlds and the main antagonist of the Atlas of Worlds expansion. He acts as a final boss, residing in The Shaper's RealmThe Shaper's RealmMap Level: 84
Map Tier: 17
Guild Character: ¥Travel to this Map by using it in a personal Map Device. Maps can only be used once.. Background information is written in the Book of Memories which is filled as the exile collects his Memory Fragments from Elder-influenced zones. The Shaper also occasionally appears in maps that are influenced by him.
The Shaper's real name is Valdo Caeserius, and is the father of Zana Caeserius. Zana assists the player during the battle with the Shaper and constantly implores him to stop fighting and join her, but he refuses.
Players must use the following fragments in their map device to fight The Shaper. They can be collected by fighting various bosses, and can also be traded amongst players.
- Fragment of the HydraFragment of the HydraItem Quantity: +5%5% increased Quantity of Items found in this AreaEnter the crucible. The nexus of
nothingness and equilibrium of eternity.Can be used in a personal Map Device. - obtained by defeating the 16x16pxLair of the Hydra MapLair of the Hydra MapMap Level: 83
Map Tier: 16
Guild Character: ¢Area is influenced by The ShaperTravel to this Map by using it in a personal Map Device. Maps can only be used once.File:Lair of the Hydra Map (Ritual) inventory icon.png boss
- Fragment of the ChimeraFragment of the ChimeraItem Quantity: +5%5% increased Quantity of Items found in this AreaEnter the crucible. The nexus of
nothingness and equilibrium of eternity.Can be used in a personal Map Device. - obtained by defeating the 16x16pxPit of the Chimera MapPit of the Chimera MapMap Level: 83
Map Tier: 16
Guild Character: ÂArea is influenced by The ShaperTravel to this Map by using it in a personal Map Device. Maps can only be used once.File:Pit of the Chimera Map (Ritual) inventory icon.png boss
- Fragment of the PhoenixFragment of the PhoenixItem Quantity: +5%5% increased Quantity of Items found in this AreaEnter the crucible. The nexus of
nothingness and equilibrium of eternity.Can be used in a personal Map Device. - obtained by defeating the 16x16pxForge of the Phoenix MapForge of the Phoenix MapMap Level: 83
Map Tier: 16
Guild Character: ¤Area is influenced by The ShaperTravel to this Map by using it in a personal Map Device. Maps can only be used once.File:Forge of the Phoenix Map (Ritual) inventory icon.png boss
- Fragment of the MinotaurFragment of the MinotaurItem Quantity: +5%5% increased Quantity of Items found in this AreaEnter the crucible. The nexus of
nothingness and equilibrium of eternity.Can be used in a personal Map Device. - obtained by defeating the 16x16pxMaze of the Minotaur MapMaze of the Minotaur MapMap Level: 83
Map Tier: 16
Guild Character: £Area is influenced by The ShaperTravel to this Map by using it in a personal Map Device. Maps can only be used once.File:Maze of the Minotaur Map (Ritual) inventory icon.png boss
The arena is called The Shaper's RealmThe Shaper's RealmMap Level: 84
Map Tier: 17
Guild Character: ¥Travel to this Map by using it in a personal Map Device. Maps can only be used once..
- Deals 100% of Damage
- 33% more Attack Speed
- Deals 5384 Fire Damage per second
- Deals 4405 Cold Damage per second
- Deals 6057 Lightning Damage per second
- Base duration is 3 seconds
- Deals 5639 to 8458 Cold Damage
- Damage Penetrates 25% Cold Resistance
- Deals 300% of Damage
- 50% less Attack Speed
- Deals 5639 to 8458 Cold Damage
- 11 additional Projectiles
- Damage Penetrates 25% Cold Resistance
- The Shaper opens a portal to another world, dealing constant damage if player stands within it
- Players must immediately blink or run from it and continue attacking from another direction
- If the Shaper is surrounded by portals, simply wait till he relocates or till some of the portals disappear
- Base duration is 25 seconds
The Shaper is one of the most difficult bosses in Path of Exile. His abilities deal very high damage and he has the highest health pool out of any enemy in the game. The fight consists of multiple phases. Before the Shaper encounter begins, the player must defeat four side bosses at the nexus. After that a portal opens in the middle to the Shaper's arena. The Shaper himself has three phases. At the end of the first and second phases he sends Zana and the player to an area they must traverse with a boss waiting at the end. Killing that boss opens a portal to resume the Shaper fight. The Shaper recovers health slowly between phases.
The entry area is X shaped and contains four paths, each leading to a boss that must be killed before a portal in the middle opens. The bosses are four randomly-chosen map bosses. After they are killed, the Shaper fight can begin.
The Shaper uses the following skills, which he keeps in all phases:
- Melee Attack: A lash that does melee damage. He only uses it while in melee range.
- Golden Projectiles: The Shaper fires three golden orbs that deal massive cold damage and penetrate 25% cold resistance, one after another.
- Shaper Beam: The Shaper channels a huge golden beam that deals fire, cold and lightning damage over time. The beam only targets one location per skill usage.
- Teleport Slam: The Shaper spins and disappears in a blanket of void, and then teleports to the player's location, followed by a powerful slam with a large area of effect. A movement skill is recommended to avoid taking damage from this move.
- Portal: The Shaper teleports to the side of the arena and opens a portal while he becomes immune to damage. Powerful shaped monsters exit the portal one at a time and attempt to attack Zana and the player. Meanwhile, Zana stays in the middle and attempts to channel a beam that closes the portal. This is the only time in the fight when she is vulnerable to damage. If she loses all her health, she retreats and slowly recovers health. If she is successfully kept alive for several seconds during the portal phase, the portal is closed prematurely.
Additionally, slow-moving cold balls spawn once every few seconds. They don't do any direct damage, but once the player touches them, they create a vortex that permanently stains the arena until the phase ends. Stepping in such vortex chills the player and deals cold damage over time.
You are prevented from opening portals while fighting the Shaper.
Once the Shaper has been reduced to 50% health, he banishes Zana and the player and slowly regenerates life until both return.
The Shaper keeps all his abilities from phase one, and gets a new one: He casts a bullet hell of cold projectiles that deal heavy damage and are incredibly difficult to dodge, while he is invulnerable. When he does it, Zana teleports to the middle and creates a protective bubble that entirely blocks these projectiles. She doesn't do this, however, if she's recovering from losing all her health in the portal phase, so it's important to keep her alive.
Additionally, the vortex balls spawn more often than in phase 1.
Once the Shaper has been reduced to 25% health, he once again banishes Zana and the player and slowly regenerates life until both return.
The Shaper keeps all his abilities from phase two, and gets a new one: He can summon an invulnerable, spectral double that uses one of his skills, which disappears after several seconds.
Additionally, the vortex balls appear significantly more often than in the previous phases, potentially making most of the arena unsafe and leaving very little room for maneuvering.
This is the final phase, and once the Shaper is reduced 0% health, he finally dies.
Between each of the Shaper phases, Zana and the player must traverse an area filled with monsters and kill a boss at its end. Those areas use randomly-chosen tilesets, and appear to be thin, floating islands in a sea of stars. Each of the bosses at the end are based on Riftwalker from the Laboratory MapLaboratory MapMap Level: 70
Map Tier: 3
Guild Character: ÄMy last waking moments looked very much like this place... I miss it. I miss her.Travel to this Map by using it in a personal Map Device. Maps can only be used once., but have much higher health.
- The Uncreated is the boss between phase 1 and phase 2. It has the same skill set as Riftwalker.
- The Unshaped is the boss between phase 2 and phase 3. He is similar to The Uncreated but also fires a volley of frostbolts in quick succession every once in a while.
The Shaper slowly regenerates his health during the between phases, so it's recommended to complete them as quickly as possible. Once The Uncreated/Unshaped is killed, this regeneration stops, and the between phase is complete.
Fight as dual boss with Uber Elder
See Uber Elder
Items found from this monster
Murder BootsQuality: +20%
Energy Shield: (44-51)Requires Level 69, 82 Dex, 42 Int+(30-50) to Dexterity
(140-180)% increased Evasion and Energy Shield
30% increased Movement Speed
20% chance to Avoid Projectiles while Phasing
You have Phasing if you've Killed Recently
Projectiles Pierce 5 additional Targets while you have Phasing
Celestial FootprintsStep into the void
and experience true freedom.
Infernal SwordTwo Hand Sword
Physical Damage: (198.4-260.4)–(412.8-541.8)
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Attacks per Second: (1.42-1.46)
Weapon Range: 13Requires Level 67, 113 Str, 113 Dex30% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
30% increased Global Physical Damage(200-300)% increased Physical Damage
(5-8)% increased Attack Speed
+(90-100) to maximum Life
Your Physical Damage can Shock
20% increased Area of Effect for Attacks
Deal no Elemental DamageThe end is written into the beginning.
|Dying SunDying Sun|
Ruby FlaskLasts 4.00 Seconds
Consumes (27-33) of 60 Charges on use
+50% to Fire Resistance
20% less Fire Damage takenRequires Level 68(-10-10)% increased Charges used
Skills fire 2 additional Projectiles during Flask Effect
(15-25)% increased Area of Effect during Flask EffectAll things must die.
Whether you burn out or explode is up to you.Right click to drink. Can only hold charges while in belt. Refills as you kill monsters.
|Shaper's TouchShaper's Touch|
Crusader GlovesQuality: +20%
Energy Shield: (48-57)Requires Level 66, 51 Str, 51 Int(80-120)% increased Armour and Energy Shield
+4 Accuracy Rating per 2 Intelligence
+1 Life per 4 Dexterity
+1 Mana per 4 Strength
1% increased Energy Shield per 10 Strength
2% increased Evasion Rating per 10 Intelligence
2% increased Melee Physical Damage per 10 DexterityBy my hand, the inert is given life.
By my hand, that which rots is reborn.
There is nothing that cannot be changed.
|Solstice VigilSolstice Vigil|
Onyx AmuletRequires Level 64+(10-16) to all Attributes(30-40)% increased Damage
+(50-70) to maximum Life
Regenerate (8-10) Mana per second
Temporal Chains has 100% reduced Mana Reservation if Cast as an Aura
Gain Shaper's Presence for 10 seconds when you kill a Rare or Unique EnemyTime, like light, can be refracted into all its myriad colours.
The first shade is beautiful, but the last will drive the unwary insane.
|Fragment of ShapeFragment of ShapeItem Quantity: +10%10% increased Quantity of Items found in this AreaBeauty is in the eye of the creator.Can be used in a personal Map Device.||1|
|Fragment of KnowledgeFragment of KnowledgeItem Quantity: +10%10% increased Quantity of Items found in this AreaUnderstanding leads to mastery.Can be used in a personal Map Device.||1|
Above list only includes loots from The single boss version of the Shaper fight. In the dual Shaper-Elder fight, the Shaper himself drops nothing.
The Shaper fight always drops one of the above Shaper-influenced unique items as well as one of the Uber Elder map fragments. Also there is a chance to find and unlock the Celestial Hideout upon killing the Shaper.
- PhysGGG (January 16, 2017). "The voice acting for the shaper memories is superb.". Official Path of Exile subreddit. Retrieved January 16, 2017.