A solution to the Semantic Mediawiki (SMW) problem been found and SMW has been reenabled. SMW is currently rebuilding properties on various pages, until that is done expect to see further "not found" issues or incomplete item lists. Work on porting SMW templates to Cargo continues on as well, potentially causing temporary disruption to pages.
The Fall of Oriath
Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath (also referred to as Path of Exile 3.0) is the sixth expansion for Path of Exile. It was officially announced by Grinding Gear Games on February 15, 2017 and entered a beta phase on June 8th before its full release on June 4th, 2017. The Fall of Oriath is the game's largest expansion to date, introducing six new acts, a new story progression, the Pantheon system and several new unique items and skill gems.
The Fall of Oriath adds six new acts:
The expansion removes Cruel and Merciless difficulties, leaving one difficulty mode. After travelling to Oriath in Act 5, the exile returns to Wraeclast in Acts 6 to 10, revisiting familiar lands and slaying the once suppressed gods that have awoken since confronting the Beast in Act 4. Campaign is divided into two parts: Part 1 being Acts 1 to 5, and Part 2 being Acts 6 to 10. Both parts follows a similar progression; players visit roughly the same areas but their deeds in part one have had consequences that will have to be faced in part two.
Resistance reduction and experience loss on death which were previously tied to difficulty had its functionality changed. Players gain a permanent resistance loss and Vaal skill soul cost increase after completing Acts 5 and 10, and experience loss is based on the zone you are in, split between Part 1, Part 2, and Epilogue.
Defeating the gods in Part 2 unlocks their power, providing passive defensive bonuses. The Fall of Oriath introduced eleven gods which grant their power; four major gods and seven minor gods. Players may equip a major god and a minor god's power at one time. These bonuses can be swapped in town freely. In addition, Pantheon bonuses can be upgraded by capturing the soul of certain map bosses with a Divine VesselDivine VesselUnique Boss deals 10% increased Damage
Unique Boss has 10% increased Attack and Cast Speed
Unique Boss has 10% increased Life
Unique Boss has 20% increased Area of EffectPower is a curious thing.
It can be contained, hidden, locked away,
and yet it always breaks free.Can be used in the Eternal Laboratory or a personal Map Device..
The Harbinger leagues are the new challenge leagues, released alongside the expansion.
The expansion added several new items and skill gems.
- Damage over time rework:
- Bleed and poison are now considered ailments.
- Ailments now have its total damage scale off the hit's base damage rather than the final hit damage, removing double dipping mechanics. Ailments also have its own Critical Strike Multiplier.
- Many damage increasing nodes in the passive tree now grant a separate damage increase modifier to ailments, on top of new nodes and clusters focused on improving specific ailments.
- Chill and Shock now have its effect scale based on the damage dealt, rather than increasing the duration of the effect. Life threshold and base duration were decreased as well.
- Energy shield values from armour were adjusted to be higher at starting levels and lower at high levels.
- Vaal Pact no longer applies to Energy Shield leech. Ghost Reaver now reduces energy shield recharge rate.
- Pierce rework: No longer chance based; pierce modifiers change how many targets a projectile can pierce through.
- Damage taken Gained as Mana when Hit applies over 4 seconds rather than instantly.