Temporal incursions were the league mechanic of the Incursion league. They are short-duration visits to the past.
Alva Valai will spawn in most zones in the Incursion league, allowing the player to do an incursion. She does not spawn in Vaal side areas or if the zone is more than 10 levels lower than the level of the player Each time players encounter Alva Valai in the wilderness, she can open a time portal, allowing a visit to an incursion room in the ancient Vaal Temple of Atzoatl during its construction.
Players have a short time, initially 10 seconds, to spend in each temporal incursion. During this time, they can (in descending order of priority):
- Kill one of two Vaal Architects who guide the temple's construction. This will either change the room in the present-day Temple of Atzoatl to a different type with different features, or upgrade it to the second or third tier of the same room for better loot. Damaging the Architect also extends the incursion duration.
- Pick up a Stone of PassageStone of PassageThis item can be placed into an Altar of Passage to create a connection between two adjacent rooms in the Temple of Atzoatl. This item will drop on the ground when leaving an Incursion. that drops as loot and use it to open one of the locked (red) doors. This will open the corresponding passage in the present-day Temple of Atzoatl, allowing the player to access more of the dungeon.
- Kill monsters to extend the incursion duration and gain loot. The loot will drop all at once after the end of the incursion.
Temple of Atzoatl
After 11 incursions, the completed Temple of Atzoatl dungeon can be entered and looted. Which rooms are accessible and what they contain depends on the player's actions during the incursions.
- Qarl (August 14, 2018). "When is Incursion Being Added to the Core Game?". GGG. Retrieved September 11, 2018.
- Geistermeister (June 02, 2018). "Alva Valai does not spawn in every area. Areas that are 10 levels below your own level do not have her. h". Reddit. Retrieved June 10, 2018.