Talk:Vendor recipe system
- 1 Removal of Alteration equivalency
- 2 "Found by" credits
- 3 Recipe change for Orb of Augmentation
- 4 Orb of Fusing
- 5 Images
- 6 Missing recipes
- 7 Possible additional info
- 8 Result on the left?
- 9 10.2 Flask recipe
- 10 Added Percentage Damage?
- 11 Movement Speed Boots Recipe
- 12 Incorrect values for Transmutation shards (Values in Alts)
- 13 Recipes for Alteration Shards
- 14 Updated vendor recipe for Orb of Regrets?
- 15 Granite/Jade Flask Recipes
- 16 + 1 elemental gems wands and scepters
- 17 Alch shard recipe
- 18 Helmet with +1 to Level of Minion Gems in this item x 1
- 19 Trading 3xCorrMaps for An Upgrade
- 20 Master currency trades
- 21 2x 20% Magic flasks = 1 Glassblower's Bauble
- 22 Jeweler Reciep
- 23 Bitterdream Skill Gems Recipe
- 24 Map vendor recipe updated
Removal of Alteration equivalency
I removed the Alteration equivalencies; here's my reasoning, copied from my talk page:
The problem is that the vendor Alteration equivalency breaks down in the majority of the cases. The vendor rates of Alteration -> Jeweller -> Fusing are decently close to the player market rate, but Jeweller -> Chromatic and every link in the chain of Fusing -> Chance -> Scouring -> Regret -> Alchemy are all bad ideas. If you went by the Alteration equivalency, you could just as easily get scammed in the other direction (e.g. paying 6 Fusing for 1 Alchemy or 10 Chrome, both of would be good ideas if the Alteration equivalency held, but are terrible ideas in practice), or make a bad trade with a vendor. My estimation is that this potentially misleading information is worse than no information at all, because it risks instilling false confidence. There's no way of knowing how well the Alteration equivalency holds in a particular case without outside information, and with that outside information, it's the outside information that's more important, not the Alteration equivalency.
"Found by" credits
I really don't think we need to carry over the "found by" information from the forums, it's really ridiculous to credit the people who discovered these. Ionface 19:06, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
I have removed the attribution (I asked for it myself but I think the link is a lot more in line with what is needed). I do not care about the "found by". I was initially hoping it got some friendly competition going for who finds what recipe, but it might scare away a few players since I have gotten several recipes in PM's requesting anonymity. :) Radiatoren 23:06, 17 August 2012 (EST)
Recipe change for Orb of Augmentation
They've changed that recipe to 7 effects on a rare. I've tried vendoring a number of 6 effect items and only get 10-12 shards. 7's give an orb every time, however. Torinir (talk) 18:46, 17 December 2012 (UTC)
- I asked radiatoren about it and he pointed out that there are mods that will take up two lines, for example Beetle's gives Local Physical Damage Reduction Rating and Base Stun Recovery each on a separate line. Also if you read the "Mods" section on the item data page  you'll see "Rare items can be found with up to six random mods (three prefixes and three suffixes)." --Royerson (talk) 04:19, 26 January 2013 (UTC)
- I just sold one item with 6 properties and got the orb, so I think the recipe is OK and the upper expanation solves the mystery. Did a minor edit - removed (rare, unidentified). => it is obvious the item needs to be rare, magic have just 2 properties; definitely not true item needs to be unidentified. I dont know whether it needs to be identified tho. --Zizy (talk) 14:15, 2 February 2013 (UTC)
Orb of Fusing
The currently listed recipe for an Orb of Fusing (4x Jeweller's Orb from Vendor A2) is not actually a vendor recipe. Yeena indeed trades Orbs of Fusing for 4 Jeweller's Orbs each, but that isn't a "vendor recipe" per se; it's just normal inventory. If you try to offer 4 Jeweller's Orbs in a trade window, vendors will offer you only a mere Scroll Fragment. —Vinifera7 (talk) 23:51, 28 December 2012 (UTC)
- It might not be an actual vendor recipe, but listing it with "no known recipes" makes it sound like there is no way to get an Orb of Fusing from a vendor, which is not true. Besides: listing it (and the other "non-recipes") makes the list complete in the sense that it contains every way to exchange currency with the vendors. Also: the way I found out you can get Orbs of Fusing from Yeena is by looking at this list. —KorganBloodaxe (talk) 09:31, 29 December 2012 (UTC)
- I agree that providing more information is better, but the term "vendor recipes" refers to a very specific thing, and not all possible ways to obtain every item from vendors. It may be appropriate to create a page for vendor inventories if no such page exists. —Vinifera7 (talk) 10:52, 29 December 2012 (UTC)
- The currency-part of the vendor inventory already exists: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Currency#Vendor_Prices_Chart. Maybe we should add a link to it on this page? —KorganBloodaxe (talk) 06:22, 5 January 2013 (UTC)
I added images for all orbs a while back http://pool.pathofexilewiki.com/w/index.php?limit=50&ilsearch=orb&user=7Soul&title=Special%3AListFiles if you want to use them here --7Soul (talk) 20:49, 29 December 2012 (UTC)
Seething grand life flask of heat also gives 2x alteration shard. I do not know which one gives shards ("seething" or "heat"), so I didnt add this to recipes. --Zizy (talk) 20:45, 2 February 2013 (UTC) Added 3 alchemy shards recipe. Got banishment 15%, assumed it holds for all. Added "caustic" flask => 2x alt shard. --Zizy (talk) 19:18, 4 February 2013 (UTC)
Possible additional info
Some of combinations work together and give a sum of items listed under recipes, others dont (for example quality overrides magic shards, while alchemy and alteration shards coexist). This is already listed on the forum, it would be probably a good addition to this page. Especially if there is some pattern so it could be written in one line not a list of conditions. (my guess: orb > quality stuff > shards; same level coexists, higher level overrides lower. Note that orb as a consequence of 20 shards still counts as shards.) --Zizy (talk) 20:45, 2 February 2013 (UTC)
That would be awesome! The forum post has a lot of limitations on design and linking. I still need a lot more experience to say something conclusive about what recipes take precedence in each situation, but if we work together I am sure it will be faster! A general note on this: If a recipe takes only a single item it is likely to take precedence over recipes taking more items. That is one of the reasons why the 20% quality recipe was changed to only cover white items: They wanted to use the 20% quality in other recipes and they wanted 20% quality items to contribute to potentially higher value recipes instead as working as a recipe blocker! Radiatoren (talk) 23:07, 4 February 2013 (UTC)
Result on the left?
10.2 Flask recipe
Found a new flask recipe today and didn't even think about checking it was here before I sold my flasks. If I recall correctly, I had 5x identified magic hallowed mana flasks, which sold for 1x unidentified hallowed mana flask. I have not checked if this works with other flasks. Max (talk) 23:46, 7 March 2013 (UTC)
- It's not new and it's already listed under the Equipment section.--FaceLicker (talk) 00:08, 8 March 2013 (UTC)
Added Percentage Damage?
"+% Added Cold/Fire/Lightning Damage"
AFAIK there isn't such a mod. Is it referring to Added elemental damage (Frosted, Chilled, Icy, etc) or elemental damage scaling (of Snow, of Sleet, of Ice, etc.)? -AnnanFay (talk) 19:25, 20 May 2013 (UTC)
Movement Speed Boots Recipe
I'm a noob at wikis and I don't know how to edit it, but there's a recipe not listed. White pair of boots + White quicksilver flask + Orb of Aug = Those boots with 10% movement speed enchant on them. Just tested it: got different sockets than the white boots, and the quality jumped from 0 to 9, not sure what caused that. But the recipe DOES work. Concrocotta (talk) 23:53, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
Can confirm the move speed recipe for boots does work up till 30%, unfortunately it also makes the item level 44. Assuming this is the minimum for 30%. I don't remember the minimum for a 25%, but my level 10 was able to wear it. This should be added there. Also, this is my first time ever using a Wiki, apologies if I messed this up.
Incorrect values for Transmutation shards (Values in Alts)
If you compare the Transmutation shard section to the Alteration shard section you will see that 2 transmutation shards has a value of .125 alts. If you look at the alteration shard section it states 2 transmutations shards has a value of .1 alts. Above you will see that it takes 4 transmutation orbs to equal an orb of alteration. Therefore the value for 2 transmutation shards has to be way lower than .125 alts.
Recipes for Alteration Shards
Yesterday i tried to sell an item at vendors which should have given me 4 Alt shards according to this wiki but i would have got just 1 Scroll fragment. I started a thread in the PoE Forum about it and got as answer that some affixes just give Alt shards on specfic item types (in my case not on claws, maybe all weapons). So this should be corrected if someone knows the exact details. Until we have them i'll start a table here:
|Result||Item mod||On item types|
| 1× Alteration ShardAlteration ShardStack Size: 20A stack of 20 shards becomes an Orb of Alteration.
Shift click to unstack.
| 2× Alteration ShardAlteration ShardStack Size: 20A stack of 20 shards becomes an Orb of Alteration.
Shift click to unstack.
| 3× Alteration ShardAlteration ShardStack Size: 20A stack of 20 shards becomes an Orb of Alteration.
Shift click to unstack.
| 4× Alteration ShardAlteration ShardStack Size: 20A stack of 20 shards becomes an Orb of Alteration.
Shift click to unstack.
| 6× Alteration ShardAlteration ShardStack Size: 20A stack of 20 shards becomes an Orb of Alteration.
Shift click to unstack.
| 7× Alteration ShardAlteration ShardStack Size: 20A stack of 20 shards becomes an Orb of Alteration.
Shift click to unstack.
| 8× Alteration ShardAlteration ShardStack Size: 20A stack of 20 shards becomes an Orb of Alteration.
Shift click to unstack.
Updated vendor recipe for Orb of Regrets?
The Orb of Regrets vendor trade recipe you guys have posted doesn't work. I tried it yesterday and the recipe now only give a shard of wisdom
- I wonder if someone posted those falsely? I'll do some research. FootHands (talk) 11:04, 9 November 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, I stared at the forums and our recipes fondly for a little bit, and I've decided that what you probably tried was selling two scouring orbs? That's not a vendor recipe, but a rather a transaction. You have to go to Act 2 or 3 and physically purchase the Regrets for your currency. If that's not what happened, can you tell me what you sold to get wisdom fragments? FootHands (talk) 11:16, 9 November 2013 (UTC)
Granite/Jade Flask Recipes
Removed the "These flasks must not have a prefix" line from both. I tested it with granite all three must have Iron Skin suffix but prefix absolutely does not matter. Didn't test it with Jade as it took a shitload of alterations, but it's reasonable to assume the same unless someone confirms the opposite. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Sfh (talk • contribs) 18:32, 10 May 2014 (UTC)
+ 1 elemental gems wands and scepters
1 x Magic Wand or Scepter
1 x resist ring (ruby-fire, sapphire-cold, topaz-lightning)
1 x Alteration orb
see: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1smbu1/new_recipe_1_to_elemental_gems_on_wands_and/ —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 50miler (talk • contribs) 18:33, 10 July 2014 (UTC)
Alch shard recipe
There's one missing, or perhaps it is a subset of the existing "some mods yield alteration shards" one. Anyway, every mod on a blue map seems to at least give one alteration shard. I don't know if the map base plays a role, but I got 7 shards for a single blue 66 map the other day. I'll look into this some more. Mikrotherion (talk) 11:07, 16 August 2014 (UTC) So, after some testing with my limited map pool I found this so far: Overlords - 1 of Balance - 2 (combined with Overlord's = 3) Twinned of Champions - 3 Antagonists of Desecration - 1 of Exposure - 1 (combined with Overlord's = 2)
A rare map with 4 attributes also gave 4 shards.
Helmet with +1 to Level of Minion Gems in this item x 1
Does not work with a hybrid flask of animation. Had to roll a health flask of animation and that worked.
Trading 3xCorrMaps for An Upgrade
Master currency trades
The section saying "These exchanges can only be made in your hideout and only once each per daily quest reset. Masters not in your hideout will not offer these discounts." is wrong. I swap out my level 8 masters daily and kick them out before buying the discounted currency.. I can still go into town to buy the currency even though I didn't swap them back into my hideout and it's possible for a level 5 master to ding to 6 and offer the currency discount in town even if he was never in the hideout to begin with. I'm not sure how to word it so it's not confusing though. QuickBASIC (talk) 20:37, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
- I see what you're saying. It's clearly false that masters do not offer the discounted currency unless they are in your hideout. As for wording, you can simply remove the statements that are incorrect. —Vini (t|c) 15:09, 12 February 2015 (UTC)
2x 20% Magic flasks = 1 Glassblower's Bauble
I didn't know this was a recipe. Selling a single 20% magic flask gives you a scroll fragment, but selling two 20% magic flasks gives a glassblowers. The section says that the item's can't be 20%, but it does work in the case of flasks.
- Fixed. This is true for flasks, armour and weapons. The issue is one of recipe precedence. The recipes for 20% quality items is very low priority, so anything that is calculated first, such as the trans shards or alt shards for magic and rare items, will override it. However, the 40% quality recipe has higher priority than both normal magic/rare vendor prices and the chromatic recipe. --Qetuth-(talk) 22:09, 19 October 2015 (UTC)
Hi, just found a jewel vendor reciep in the flashback event. 5 magic cobald jewels -> 1 unidentified cobald jewel. Didn't test it for the others yet, or rares.
- Vendoring any 5 magic items of the same base type will output an unidentified magic item of the same type and vendoring any 5 rare items of the same type will output an unidentified rare item of the same type. This is often seen when vendoring items dropped by a pack of Keepers of the Trove. It's a long known recipe. --DarkUnknown (talk) 09:06, 1 November 2015 (UTC)
Bitterdream Skill Gems Recipe
Hi, added the Bitterdream vendor recipe that results on the 6 gems it has as mods. I forgot to check if Added Cold Damage from the recipe is lvl 10 as the mod but will edit as soon as I get the info, else, if anyone confirms the lvl of the gem to be 10 please add it for a more accurate recipe.
EDIT:Bought a Bitterdream and confirmed/Edited that the resulting Added Cold Damage gem is level 10. csogaki—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Csogaki (talk • contribs) 03:17, 26 December 2015
Map vendor recipe updated
I updated the map vendor recipe for "Atlas of Worlds". Please correct if there are grammar mistakes or addtions which are not understandable.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system#Utility KaiIlu (talk) 16:00, 12 October 2016 (UTC)