Order of application
Regarding the "Order of application" section, numbered list item 2: I changed "local percentage stats" to "local additive and multiplicative stats" to improve consistency in terminology usage and therefore comprehensibility. There is not a single source citation on this entire page, let alone this section, and I am not certain that the original author actually intended "percentage stats" to mean additive and multiplicative stats. I made that assumption based on the term definitions in the preceding "Flat, additive and multiplicative stats" section.
I have three followup items: two questions and one request.
- In the order of stat application, did "local percentage stats" in fact mean "local additive and multiplicative stats" as per the definitions in the preceding section?
- In what order are local additive and local multiplicative stats applied? Maybe it's the same as with global and skill stats where additive are applied before multiplicative.
- For gods' sakes somebody please give us some source citations. This page pertains to relatively low-level mechanical details which absolutely require citations. If all of this information is based solely on original research without reliable sources, then it should be removed.
In Method B: Conversion first and by proxy Method A we are given this calculation:
- Branch 2 (Lightning)
- 200-200 Physical Damage * 0.5 (i.e. 50% converted damage)
- 100-100 Lightning Damage * 3 (100% increased Physical + 100% increased Lighting -> 200%)
- 300-300 Lightning Damage
I may be misunderstanding how these multipliers work, but in step two, why does lightning damage get the additive damage modifier for "100% Increased Physical Damage"? It seems counter-intuitive that physical damage modifiers also increase elemental damage. --Jiuthaimike (talk) 21:53, 11 July 2018 (UTC)
- Because the damage was converted from physical to lightning it will also benefit from whatever stats the physical part had previously, in this case "100% increased physical". --Illviljan (talk) 16:57, 27 June 2018 (UTC)