Talk:Master Reputation and Favour
The Zana Char seems outdated.
My Zana is 7 and had a Level 73 zone today in a rota and was kicked for "scamming"
Hi, probably the map zone zana spawned was lv 73 right? but the crumbled laboratory is lv 74. The zone that is listed here is the crumbled lab, not the map zone. The map zone can spawn +- 1 lvl or so based on the crumbled lab :)
This page could be integrated into http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Masters#Reputation_and_Favour later once enough values have been found. Until then it might be better to leave it separate so that many people can contribute without having to search through the whole 'Masters' main article to find the right part where to enter the values. //Hurri04 (talk) 22:46, 9 September 2014 (UTC)
There are reports of a penalty similar to that for XP when overleveled, except based on the master level. I would actually recommend only tracking dailies and dividing by 2.5. --Evil4Zerggin (talk) 20:35, 10 September 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, that seems to be the case. I've quickly created a plot of the values so far and there seem to be a few anomalies: http://s7.directupload.net/images/140910/vk78u2oy.jpg
- There clearly is a trend for the graph to curve upwards in the higher area levels (meaning that the differency between x0 + 1 is greater than x-1 + 1). I think it's save to assume that these values were taken under the same conditions.
- The values for area levels 21, 32 and 61 however might belong to a second curve which runs only a bit below the main one, possibly meaning that there is a multiplier of some kind involved.
- Unless GGG decides to give out the information about the penalty, reverse-engineering the rules for these calculations might require a lot more data. Sadly the input only seems to be very slow... //Hurri04 (talk) 21:35, 10 September 2014 (UTC)
- From what I've experienced there seems to be no difference between a master in the wild and a master from a party member's daily mission. For your own daily mission you have to divide the point difference by 2.5 of course and round it in most cases. //Hurri04 (talk) 03:47, 14 September 2014 (UTC)
I added some speculated values based on existing values to fill in gaps in between. They are marked with '**' and probably also need veryfication to make 100% sure, although I don't really expect any differences from the base values so far. //Hurri04 (talk) 03:35, 16 September 2014 (UTC)
New values as of 1.3.0
Since in the 1.3.0 patch the amount of reputation and favour gained per mission has been increased, here's a reminder that old values have to be updated. Hopefully it will also be possible to find some more values and complete the table. Hurri04 (talk) 15:46, 17 December 2014 (UTC)
After having added some more values (v1.3.1) I tried some reverse-engineering. Here is the result using standard Excel trend calculation. The result is without doubt an exponential function based on the area level. I do not know how to solve the equation precisely, so my proposition is : reward = A * EXP (B * area level). Best guess from Excel : A=273,16 and B=0,0528.
- I think that your result does not fit on low numbers because they get less exp if their level is high and the area level is low. Doing a Haku in normal Mud Flats if Haku has level 7 will give you like 0 Haku exp, although you'd get like 300 exp with him if he was on level 1. I believe your function is accurate somewhere, but it's missing a parameter. Maybe something could be done after finding values for same level area for various level masters and extrapolating that too and merging the two formulas somehow (multiplication might work). The values on the table are quite chaotic and contradictory, clearly not updated very well, I'd try to extrapolate it myself if I had better data. --DarkUnknown (talk) 07:41, 6 April 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for the feedback. This formula can not take into consideration other game mechanics like experience penalty.
- There is no data for all the ML and all the AL, so I cleaned the old values and merged the new values from all ML to get that graphic. Of course for low AL and high ML the function alone can be inaccurate if there is a "penalty factor", I guess we have to add the penalty factor in a second step, after calculating the "theoretical" reward, haven't we ?
- Regarding the different ML, I discovered in the wiki table that the same reward is granted for different ML, it is based only on the AL. The recent figures I added to the table, especially for ML4, were exactly the same than those already in the table for ML5 and beyond. But this is only true from AL30 and beyond. I do not know if the figures for AL<30 are the new ones or the old ones. If there are the old ones, is it normal they are underestimated.
- I think we should separate the 2 problems : getting the correct graphic for all ML, considering only AL, and then trying to devise the penalty factor depending on the ML
- I will continue to update figures with all my encounters from now on :-) In the current league I will have only figures for ML>=4 and AL>=50 but I will reconsider it in the next league.
Cleaned and interpolated data
Latest update : R2d2 (talk) 13:19, 7 April 2015 (UTC)
Data used for the reverse engineering above, and the interpolated data with the formula.
Not taking into consideration the penalty for low level.
It seems that the low AL figures are the old ones.
|Area level||Master level 1||Master level 2||Master level 3||Master level 4||Master level 5||Master level 6||Master level 7||Master level 8||Estimation|
- There seems to be a weird gap between levels 29 and 31. No information about the influence of level difference can be learned from the table, not even if it really exists (it did before the experience gained was increased, but does it exist now?). It's hard for me to collect data, I rarely play the temporary leagues and all my masters except Leo are on level 8 (and Leo is useless for this purpose). I'll see what I can do, but don't expect much. --DarkUnknown (talk) 15:12, 6 April 2015 (UTC)
- No problem, for my part I never played in the standard league ;-) I've already added more values (AL36, 49, 56, 57, 58 for ML 3, 4, 5). We should have the CL (character level) to devise the level difference, I have started to record this, but that would require a different template. And it will help devise the generated AL for daily missions. Do not mind the gap and weird low level figures, as I previously stated, those figures must be the old ones (when compared to the estimate). New variables from those stats : A=260,22 and B=0,0535. --R2d2 (talk) 13:19, 7 April 2015 (UTC)
Experience progression outdated as of 2.0
It's also conflicting with the newer values that can be found here - http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Forsaken_masters#Reputation_and_Favour . Not quite sure how to go about obtaining the new values. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Futhead AvocadoCake (talk • contribs) 15:14, 18 October 2015 (UTC)