Talk:List of item filters
Phase 1: Looking for input in regards to stucture and input on the columns
This page is intended for users to be able to properly search for filters. It's perfectly fine for filter authors to add their own filters here, but stricly this is a collection of filters so people can pick themselves whatever filter they like and to make searching easier. This is not a simple link collection since that is very painful to go though and links themselves do not provide a lot of information.
The page is currently protected, but will be unlocked in a few days once feedback has been retrived. This is so that if users want specific columns existing entries do not have to be edited or reworked signifcantly.
If you have general feedback regarding the rules or the structure of the page that is welcome of course. For feedbacks on the tables themselves, see below.
The columns are intended to provide useful information for whoever is looking for filters. If you think something important is missing, or something that is currently on the page is unnecessary, please provide feedback.
However, for the columns keep a few things in mind, they should:
- be (easily) verifiable (good: release date, bad: popularity)
- neither be generic nor too specific (good: filters colours?, bad: filters Gemcutter Prisms?)
- be of interest of people searching
- relate to the item filter (good: features if the item filter, ok: information related directly to the filter like author, bad: is the author a streamer?)
Ingame feature column needs explicit definition to what validates a filter to qualify. Current definitions are too subjective. For now, I've updated my filter qualifications according to my knowledge. --Hellcat5 (talk) 21:08, 17 February 2016 (UTC)
And, of course, someone changed my previous update back because ...? no explanation left on talk about that one. So, again, my filter row is updated according to features provided. If you're going to change it back, message me first. Lets be courteous and talk about why you want to. --Hellcat5 (talk) 21:08, 29 June 2016 (UTC)
- I'm not sure what you are talking about. There are no recent changes to your filter in the history of the page. --OmegaK2 (t|c) 08:50, 29 June 2016 (UTC)
- In February I had updated the row regarding my filter because: 1. I updated my filter and 2. whoever created the row seemed to miss features that do exist in my filter. When I returned to look last night at the entry, it was again showing incorrectly, so I changed it back. Thus, someone between february and now changed the filter features. :) I don't care enough to go back to look but I do have some questions that would benefit others to find answers for.
- Who created the spreadsheet layout for the filter features? I'd like whoever did so to define what exactly classifies or defines "customizable" is (to me, since I've been a programmer for over 25 years ALL the filters are extremely easy to customize), what exactly "general" is, and what exactly "Themes" is. Also, crafting needs to have a definition to it - what defines crafting to have minor and major? Why do some say "minor" while others say "yes" for crafting? If it's a scale none, some, more, many, then "yes" doesn't seem appropriate. I hope I've been clear here regarding. Please let me know. :) --Hellcat5 (talk) 21:08, 29 June 2016 (UTC)
Item Filter Columns are outdated
Columns should be compatible with known conditions and leagues items. There is no:
- if shows league currency and items
- Enchantment mods
- ExplicitMod as veiled mods etc
- ElderItem support
- I'm not sure we really need all those columns in the table, it's already fairly wide as it is. It would also need to be added to all the other existing filter entries.
- Especially league items shouldn't be in there, as that changes with every league and needs to be updated too much --OmegaK2 (t|c) 21:15, 9 August 2019 (UTC)
- One of most wanted by players feature is to show leagues items and currency, They often ask abut this and for that reason they change it, then Your statement is not True.
- Secondly many features from challenge leagues goes to core like Delve: Resonators fossils etc, then don't say this is not important.
- Many of filters not support this important items like I mention before then they are useless.
- Thirdly the rules of Inactive filters, Specialized filters, Abandoned filters are not followed. Many of them is not updated.
- Thus one column of league support (all, minor, partial major, etc) or new template for league support is needed.
- If we talking about unnecessary characteristics You mention, then it is the Filtration Support and Other Features which are not ingame features but leagues items and currency are and are more important.
- Another feature that should be is current date, updated automatically if author makes some changing.
- Next feature should be size of filter
- Finally List of item filters is outdated and must be updated.--Koszmarnica01 (talk) 09:50, 10 August 2019 (UTC)