I've been searching for a little while and can't find an official source to clarify whether or which sources of increased item quantity or quality affect orb or map drops. If somebody can find a legit source for this information, please add the information to the page. Adalace (talk) 21:59, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
Drop Rate peanlity
The forumla as it is written appears to be incorrect:
- char level and monster level should probably be reversed
- it doesn't take the level cap into account
- I've heard claims that there is also a droprate penality for being below the zone; in any case, the forumla is not working for char level < monster level.
- The source for the formula is Malice's old gameplay mechanics thread, see https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707. The text does mention that 1 <= lvl_monster <=66, the condition is just written in the running text. Corrected the char level and monster level and added the references to the statements. Not sure about drop rates with characters considerably below zones though, the sources I've read only mentions character levels above zone levels. --Illviljan (talk) 10:56, 23 October 2015 (UTC)
- Reading this post https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/480808/page/1#p4298503 Mark states: "(...) The only thing that specifically affects currency drop rates in relation to other items is the level penalty, which affects the drop rate of currency for being in an area of a level significantly different than your own." So I guess it's the level difference between character and zone that matters, so the equation should be in absolute values?--Illviljan (talk) 11:12, 23 October 2015 (UTC)