A system has been added that will automatically add divination cards and other items to the item acquisition sections where appropriate. Entries added by this system will be shown as automatic in the item acquisition section.
Some pages will need to be updated to include
upgraded_from_disabled=true if they are not eligible for the system.
Some further details on what needs to be done can be found on Path of Exile Wiki:To-do list/Automatic upgraded from and issues can be posted on the talk page.
I suggest rework of this page and vendor recipes. It would be helpful to have all information grouped together to quickly see how to obtain currency. How could this look like - currency items could remain the same they are now, possibly with another column "rarity". (most rare orb has 1. Other orbs have numbers how often they drop from monsters vs the rare one). Possibly separated for "quality" items and "other". Sortable by name and by rarity. On click on any orb, another table with all the known recipes is expended (just under the orb; collapsable). That table could look like vendor recipes table + contain vendor prices.
Advantage vs vendor recipes page would be to also contain drop rarity of the item and vendor prices to buy the item + be faster to search if you want to check how to obtain a specific orb (no need to dig through 100 recipes, just press on the orb you are interested in). Advantage vs this page would be the whole list how to get that orb. --Zizy (talk) 18:39, 30 January 2013 (UTC)
- Its useful to have some (small) additional informations about the orbs inside the recipes list (as I made it on the de.* page after a mate's hint), but I dont see the need for more at this place - thats where the Currencies page is for; or maybe additional pages for each orb's mechanics (but these could also be added as one section to the mechanics page. what I'd prefer) --Mr.Cee (talk) 08:17, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
You know, if I wanted this information, I would have checked the game. The information on this page is barely helpful at all. What I expected to see was detailed information on how some things work, like chromatic orbs, chaos orbs, blessed orbs, orbs of alchemy, orbs of fusing and so on. I came here with many questions and was able to answer none.
For example :
- Chromatic orb : How are the socket colors determined? Is it random? If so, how can the odds of getting a color be calculated?
- [Adalace says: I don't think actual values are known to us, but there is a higher chance of blue sockets appearing on intelligence items, red on strength items, and green on dexterity items (items that require those stats to equip). This applies to dual-stat items too.]
- Orb of fusing : What are the chances of getting x links between y sockets? Is it even possible to get 3 sockets linked or is that only possible on dropped items?
- [Adalace says: It is possible to link 3 sockets using Fusing orbs, even on a 3-socket item. Maybe I misunderstand the question.]
- Jeweller's orb : What are the odds of getting 1, 2, 3 or more sockets on an item?
- [Adalace says: I believe there is an inverse correlation between the number of sockets and the probability of getting that number of sockets, but actual values are to my knowledge unknown.]
- What is the difference between the orb of alchemy and the orb of chance?
- [Adalace says: Orb of Chance turns a white quality item into a blue, yellow, or unique quality item (at random). Chris of GGG has stated the following regarding Orb of Chance (paraphrased unless quoted): The chance of the orb generating a rare is "something like" 1/5.4; character increased rarity has no effect on the orb results; the chance of generating a unique does not vary from one item type to another, so the argument could be made that it is best to use Orb of Chance on item types whose unique(s) is very rare or powerful. Orb of Alchemy turns a white quality item into a yellow (rare) quality item.]
- Chaos orb : When using one, is the number of properties present on an item kept?
- Orb of regret : Does one have to use the respec point right away?
- [Adalace says: No, the refund point may be saved just as refund points received from quests may be saved.]
- Orb or augmentation: How many times can one be used on an item?
- [Adalace says: This may only be used on magic (blue) items, and blue items may only have exactly one prefix mod and one suffix mod. Therefore the maximum number of Augmentation that may be used on an item is 1.]
- Blessed orb : Exactly what properties does it affect?
- [Adalace says: Blessed Orbs affect only implicit mods on a subset of items - specifically, those items whose implicit mods have a variable value. I don't have a list of exactly which implicit mods are variable.]
I would like to know more about the mechanics of the game.
- There's no guarantee that any of the information on this wiki will be complete, accurate, or useful. Nobody here gets paid to do this; it's a community project. If you would like to help make the wiki better, by all means please do so. —Vinifera7 (talk) 18:20, 7 February 2013 (UTC)
- Let me know what needs to changed as I make the overhauls (very slowly). Obviously the pages look very rough right now. My goal was that a player (especially a new player since the expansion will be coming out soon) can go to any page for the currency items and learn literally *everything* that could be known about how to use that item. TheMipchunk (talk) 20:58, 11 June 2015 (UTC)
Page/Link Changes for Files
I dont have a problem if there were different files used to update a page, but it SHOULD be considered that on other pages(/languages) the "old" files were also used! Dont know if its possible to check files for such a cross-use, but otherwise files SHOULD never be deleted without announcing this! (especially for such small icons). Another issue with this is that it seems to be impossible to get a full list of (all, global) files. Neither the file list on en* nor that at de.* is near to be complete, both seem to show only the files uploaded to its given subdomain, so its also not possible to look for a file name or anything related "manually" yet. --Mr.Cee (talk) 09:19, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
- I apologise for the inconvenience. The cleanup of the images was a huge task, and I'm not surprised I made some mistakes. There were multiple versions of the currency icons (and many other files), and I decided to keep the highest-resolution ones. I did make an effort to check the language domains for usage of the files, which was vary labor intensive, there is no easy way to check for usage. Even when checking on the appropriate domain, it doesn't always show that the file is in use! For instance this icon file shows as not being in use, but it is used in the skill link template, which appears in many places. I've completed the cleanup & categorisation of the images, and it hopefully it won't need to ever happen again. If you find any missing files that are still needed, let me know on my talk page and I will restore them. — Malice (talk) 11:37, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
- Also, just in case it helps you, it seems that there are multiple places that a file can be, but most of the images are on the pool.* subdomain, and the files are now all categorised here: pool:Category:Images and listed here: pool:Special:ListFiles. I hope that helps. — Malice (talk) 11:46, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for clarifying! Would not have been such a mess if we could better see whats happening if a filelink shows as broken (often its just a temporarily access problem). Even more problematic if you use a file on a site that has no "mirror" in another language. For the files-pool: is there a way to make the (sub-)categories show the containing amount of files? As it is now, all categories seem to refer only to the amount of contained categories, which is not really helpful. Dont know about the effort, but there should be a single category containing all files. --Mr.Cee (talk) 11:56, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
Links to external sites
Orb of Annulment
- Looked at the currency page and from what I saw it was just pulling all items that were 'stackable currency' and 'functional currency', orb of annulment was missing functional currency category data, added that and it seems to be showing up now.--User:MrChogie 11:05 AM UTC 8 April 2018