Game data updates to the wiki have been started.
upgraded_from_disabled=true if they are not eligible for the system.
What is the aim for the bestiary coverage? Do we want:
- Pages for monster categories, with a list of subtypes (eg, see current Rhoa)
- Pages for monster categories, with a section for each subtype
- Pages for monster categories, plus pages for each subtype
- Pages for each subtype, but no page for the categories
- Something else.
Option 1 is the current trend but doesn't allow linking to specific monsters, nor listing of specific stats once we collect that data. For that reason, as well as some very diverse categories (such as miscreation and skeleton), I think option 2 or 3 would be better. --Qetuth-(talk) 08:11, 9 November 2013 (UTC)
So, I think a little bit of work needs to be done on monster stats before this can be decided. For example, take Devourers. They appear both in act 2 and in act 3 and appear to be the same: same name, same visual, same tendencies, the works. But they are distinctly different in terms of stats: the devourers in act 3 (in the Royal Gardens) are 33 and 34 in normal; 51 and 52 in cruel; 66 and 67 in merciless, whereas the devourers in act 2 (Blackwood) are 18, 42, and 57 respectively. The question is whether all 9 versions of the Devourer, ranging from level 18 to 67, are the same monster. I think the only way to figure this out is to determine if they follow a logical progression in terms of stats. Basically, if the average health (or armor or damage) of monsters is given by a certain metric that increases by level, do they share the same multiplier? So if they do share the same multiplier, then I think you put all versions of the Devourer on one page, and list their stats at each iteration. I feel like for things like the Statues which come in a number of different forms and names but share some basic trends (always have archers which use frost arrow) that you list the different types based on name but if statues in the Marketplace (act 3) are the same as the Aurate Statues in the Solaris Temple as well as the statues in the Royal Gardens ("same" being on the same metric as above) then I think you put them together and just list that they are sometimes known as Aurate and have Aurate Warrior and Aurate Archer redirect to the same pages as Fencer Statue and Archer Statue. Nocticate (talk) 21:55, 11 November 2013 (UTC)
- I think it could be a long time before we figure out if such patterns exist and are consistent, and the monster pages, particularly act 2s, need more urgent work. For Devourers, I think they should all go on a page called Devourer or Devourers until we see some evidence that they are different enough to justify splitting the page, which probably won't be the case. Also, since this page is kind of a dummy page (I now realise) we should probably keep the discussion in one place on Template talk:Navbox Bestiary. --Qetuth-(talk) 04:57, 12 November 2013 (UTC)