A large portion of relevant modules/templates have now been switched to cargo. Various usages of SMW throughout the wiki need to be replaced by the new functions, in particular item tables. If some pages do not show up but contain no errors, please null-edit them. To see how you can help with the port check out Path_of_Exile_Wiki:To-do_list/SMW_migration (and leave a comment on the talk page if you have questions).
Each stash tab is 12x12, for a total of 144 grid spaces. By default, the stash has four tabs.
Items in the stash are separated by league, meaning a character in the standard league can't access the stash from the hardcore league and so on. Effectively, players start with four separate tabs in each league, including events such as races. The player's stash on any permanent league will retain its contents, even if there are no characters on that league (e.g. if a player's only hardcore league character dies, the hardcore stash content will be available again when a new hardcore character is created).
Tabs can be rearranged by clicking and dragging their name along the row. There is also vertical list of the stash tabs using a drop down menu on the top right corner of the stash screen.
When a temporary league is ended, that league's stash will be moved over to the stash of its parent league. Tabs from the temporary league will appear as remove-only tabs in the parent league. These tabs will remain indefinitely, but items cannot be put into them, even items which started out in that tab. Once a remove-only tab has been emptied, it will disappear.
Purchasing new tabs while the player has remove-only tabs will not create new tabs, but rather convert the remove-only tabs to permanent tabs. While this means the player will still end up with more permanent tabs per league than before, note that this will not create any new space in the stash if those remove-only tabs were already full.
Buying Extra Tabs
More stash tabs can be bought or upgraded to premium through microtransactions. Premium stash tabs can be colored and renamed by right clicking on the tab name. Right-clicking on an item in a premium stash tab allows the player to set a note on the item (for instance the buyout price) which makes it accessible to third-party trading websites through the Public Stash Tab Api. Here's a video showing how it works: Path of Exile Premium Stash Tab Teaser
Currency stash tabs have designated slots for each kind of currency item. Each slot can hold up to 5000 of that item.
There are eleven options for buying tabs found in the "Account Features" section of the store:
- 1 new tab: 30 points
- 6 new tabs: 150 points
- 1 new premium tab: 40 points
- 6 new premium tabs: 200 points
- Upgrade 1 normal tab to premium: 15 points
- Currency tab: 75 points
- Divination tab: 50 points
- Essence tab: 40 points
- Premium Quad tab: 150 points
- Divination, Premium Quad, and Essence tab bundle: 200 points
Increasing the tab count with these purchases will apply to every league (even the future ones). The maximum number of tabs the system can handle has been said to be over 64,000.
Once the player joins a Guild, each town and hideout will also have a Guild Stash near the regular stash. Guild stash contents are shared with all members of the guild, with view/add/remove permissions as set by the Guild Leader. These permissions are set separately for leader, officer, and regular members, and can be applied to each tab by right clicking on its name.
Guild Stash tabs can be bought for 50 points in the Guild section of the store. Guild tabs are automatically Premium stash tabs that can be recolored and renamed, however they are currently not re-arrangeable.
At the bottom of the Stash page is a powerful search tool labeled "Highlight Items". By typing keywords or using other special search syntax, items in the Stash matching the search query will be highlighted with a yellow border and all other items will be greyed out. This does not change Stash behavior - players can still pick up a greyed out item.
Highlight Items searches will scan ALL text associated with an item including:
- Any text visible when hovering over with the cursor
- The hidden item level visible when hovering while holding ALT
- Hidden keywords associated with an item eg. "currency"
- Socketed gems
- Microtransaction appearances applied to an item
Search tips and special syntax can be revealed by hovering over the "i" information circle next to the search box.
Highlight Items supports the following search types:
- Text / Partial Text
- Exact Quote
- Special Syntax
- The keyword 'currency' will highlight currency items, even though there is no visible text associated with them reading "currency".
- The keyword 'augmented' will highlight any magic/rare items or items with improved quality.
- The text 'fire' will highlight items with fire resistance, that add fire damage, or have flavor text including "fire".
- The partial text 'wis' will highlight Scrolls of Wisdom.
- The exact quote "two handed mace" will only highlight two handed maces, instead of highlighting items that contain all 3 words.
- The exact quote '"Tier: 2" ' will highlight tier 2 maps, where as the search without quotations would highlight items containing the text 'Tier:' and '2', Such as a tier 1 map with item level 62.
Special Syntax Examples
- "ilvl: X" - find items of a specific level 'X'
- "tier: X" - find maps of a specific tier 'X'
- "talisman: X" - find talismans of a specific tier 'X'
- "experience: X/" - find gem of specific level 'X'
- "normal" - find items of normal (white) rarity
- "magic" - find items of magic (blue) rarity
- "rare" - find items of rare (yellow) rarity
- "unique" - find items of unique (Orange) rarity
- "x%" - find items with Quality of 'X'% (percentage has to be typed, otherwise it won't filter correctly)
CTRL-F will focus the search box and highlight the current search box text.
When typing in the search box, pressing Enter or clicking outside the search box will remove focus from the search box (allowing normal keyboard bindings to be used). Pressing Escape will clear the text and remove focus from the search box.
Searching for the text 'requires' does not show items containing the text "Requires Level".
A full list of keywords and special syntax is unknown.