Consider helping out the community effort of getting The Fall of Oriath content to the wiki. All edits are appreciated!
Mana Cost: 8
Cast Time: 1.00 sec
Damage Effectiveness: (50% to 61%)Requires Level 10Charges at a targeted location or enemy, pushing away enemies in your path and repeatedly dealing damage in a small area in front of you. You deal damage in a larger area when you reach the target. The further you travel, the more damage you deal, and the greater your chance of stunning enemies. Cannot be supported by Multistrike.Per 1% Quality:
1% increased DamageDeals (50-61.4)% of Base Damage
50% increased Stun Threshold reduction on enemies at Maximum charge distance
75% increased Movement Speed
200% more Damage with Hits at Maximum Charge DistancePlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.Acquisition
Level: 10Purchase Costs
|Normal||1x Orb of Transmutation|
1x Scroll Fragment
In the hands of a talented combatant, even a shield becomes a deadly weapon. With Shield Charge, a warrior dashes forward at a single enemy, slamming them senseless. The violence of the charge will push nearby foes out of its path, and inflict great damage on target. An opponent unlucky enough to be struck by the full brunt of a Shield Charge will be knocked back and stunned for a time.Description on the official Path of Exile website 
Skill functions and interactions
- Damage and reduced enemy stun threshold are proportional to the distance charged. The maximum charge distance is 60 units Note that the in-game average damage tooltip for Shield Charge does not factor in the bonus gained from charge distance.
- The damage dealt on strike is based on the main hand weapon and is not affected by the shield in any way. Shield Charge can also be used unarmed; however, it cannot be used with a wand.
- Area of Effect: Shield Charge deals AoE damage at the end animation of the charge in a circle in front of the player. Modifiers to area radius and damage affect the skill.
- Use time: Shield Charge has a special base use time of 1.0 seconds (when charging to the maximum distance) that overrides the base attack time of any weapon equipped. Note that the attack time of the skill displayed in-game is erroneously affected by the base attack time of the weapon. Both local and global attack speed modifiers apply to this use time, increasing the speed at which the skill is performed, including both the charging speed and the recovery animation at the end. Furthermore, modifiers to movement speed affect the charging animation speed.
- Shield Charge cannot be supported by Multistrike SupportMultistrike SupportAttack, Melee, Support
Mana Multiplier: 180%Requires Level 38Supports melee attack skills, making them repeat twice when used, targeting a random enemy each time. Cannot support Vaal skills, totem skills, channelling skills, or triggered skills.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills deal 0.5% increased Melee Physical DamageSupported Skills Repeat 2 additional times
Supported Skills have (75-94)% more Melee Attack Speed
Supported Skills deal 30% less Attack DamageThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket..
Gem level progression
Quest rewardThis skill is given as quest reward for the following quests:
|The Caged Brute|
Vendor rewardThis skill can be bought at the listed npc vendors after completing the following quests:
|The Caged Brute|
|A Fixture of Fate|
|Fallen from Grace|
Related helmet enchantments
The following helmet enchantments affect Shield Charge:
|EnchantmentShieldChargeAttackSpeed1||66||10% increased Shield Charge Attack Speed|
|EnchantmentShieldChargeAttackSpeed2_||75||15% increased Shield Charge Attack Speed|
|EnchantmentShieldChargeDamage1||66||25% increased Shield Charge Damage|
|EnchantmentShieldChargeDamage2||75||40% increased Shield Charge Damage|
|EnchantmentShieldChargeDamagePerTargetHit1||1||6% increased Shield Charge Damage per Enemy Hit|
|EnchantmentShieldChargeDamagePerTargetHit2||1||9% increased Shield Charge Damage per Enemy Hit|