Proximity Shield is a defensive monster ability, which prevents all damage originating from sources outside its radius.
Monsters inside a proximity shield take no damage from projectile or other ranged attacks unless they are fired from inside the shield. Minions, traps, totems and mines are a good way to get around proximity shields as they count as their own source of damage, allowing a player to damage the monsters without going inside the shield themselves. Proximity shield also does not protect against damage over time, even if the hit that applied it originated from outside the shield.
Players can gain the protection of Proximity Shield by raising a monster with this ability as a spectre.
- Undying Evangelists in The Upper Sceptre of God
- Tormented Temptress in Whakawairua Tuahu
- Thornrunner corrupted area boss in the Hidden Patch
- Docere Incarnatis, an Invasion boss
- Monsters with the Nemesis modifier Proximity Shield