Poe.trade is a shop indexer that publishes items in a easy-to-read manner.
Summary of poe.trade mechanics
Poe.trade gets its information from the official Path of Exile forums, in the trading subforums and through the Public stash tab API specifically. poe.trade will read the content of the threads created in the trading subforums and upload it to its page. The forums also have a system to link item from your game stash in your posts, which helps verify if the item is still available. The items can then be prized by appending the correct syntax after the code that links the item.
Every few minutes, poe.trade look at your posts on the forum, and update what you buy/sell. The indexer has a limit to how many threads it searches, which is why it is good practice to regularly bump the thread.
Creating the forum thread
- Log in to www.pathofexile.com.
- Browse to the forum trading section. A couple of alternatives will be available depending on which league league playing in and if you're buying or selling only a few items or want to create a large shop full of items. For example, if you are playing in Standard Prophecy League and want to create a shop.
- Go to the Standard Prophecy League - Shops subforum.
- Create a thread. The title of the post does not matter.
- In the original post; link the items you want to sell. On the top left part of pathofexile.com, you should see your account and one of your character should be displayed. If you click on the picture of your character, you'll see your inventory, and you'll have access to your stash.
- Click only one time on the item you want to sell. A code, looking like this one, will be copied to the text of your forum post:
[linkItem location="Stash2" league="Prophecy" x="5" y="0"]. If you preview your post, you'll see the item picture and a proper link in your post.
- After the code, you can tell the indexer what price you want to sell the item for. For example, the syntax for a buyout (b/o) of 3 Chaos OrbChaos OrbStack Size: 10Reforges a rare item with new random propertiesRight click this item then left click a rare item to apply it.
Shift click to unstack. would be
~b/o 3 chaos.
- Once finished, submit the thread and wait until the indexer finds it. This can sometimes take a while. Bump the thread if it takes unreasonably long.
List of price codes
The full list and the full syntax is on: poe.trade/html/tags.html
These are the current methods to appear online on poe.trade.
- Go here. Send any message. Wait for a reply. You'll get an "online link". You should then input it into a inventory management tool and your online status will be tracked by that program while it is open. This will only apply to poe.trade, not other indexers.
- Buy at least one Premium Stash Tab set as public. In this case you don't have to do anything and your online status will be determined automatically.