Path of Exile Wiki:Community portal
Gamepedia wiki managers
|Pcj||talk • contribs|
|Climmels||talk • contribs|
|Illviljan||talk • contribs|
|OmegaK2||talk • contribs|
|Qetuth||talk • contribs|
|TheFrz||talk • contribs|
|Vinifera7||talk • contribs|
to your watchlist and stay on top of things!
Path of Exile Wiki is a community project run entirely by volunteers to provide information for the game.
Our community of editors is open to anyone. If you would like to join in:
- While you can edit anonymously, a free account makes it easier to keep track of your own edits.
- Need help
- Check out our help wiki.
- Be bold
- There's no need to wait. Jump right in and start editing. The wiki maintenance category may be a great place to start, or you can start small by fixing spelling, grammar, and other errors you come across.
- Start a new article
- Recent changes
- See a list of recent changes.
- Community discussion
- See what the community is currently talking about or make suggestions.
New to the Path of Exile wiki?
Helping out on the Path of Exile Wiki
The wiki is community maintained and we need everyone to help out. Check out Path of Exile Wiki:To-do list for a list of general to-do that are being worked on.
There are also some minor improvements to be done, here are some ideas:
- Browse Category:Maintenance and improve any pages
- Improve existing pages (see the section below for more details)
- Create new pages if you can't find the information you seek (or create redirect pages if the information exists)
- Reduce content-duplication by implementing Labeled Section Transclusion
- Help with any of the projects listed on this page
Improving existing pages
- Correct spelling and grammar
- Make sure the pages are in line with other similar pages (i.e. share similar layout and order of sections)
- Adding sources
- Add missing information
- Improve the understanding of pages by
- Adding interwiki links to other articles
- Verify the information on the page is still correct in regards to the current version of the game
- Port existing templates to lua modules
Querying data from the wiki
- General to-do list for the wiki
Uncompressed DDS files from the ggpk for the wiki
If you've been trying to get images for the wiki from the content.ggpk recently, you'll probably have noticed that they are "no valid dds file".
The image files are compressed with google's brotli library. The first 4 bytes of the file are not part of the image data, but rather a byte-size of the uncompressed image.
Some "dds" files may also be text file to contain a pointer to another dds file (like
If you don't want to handle that yourself you can use PyPoE as long you install the brotli library manually, basically follow those steps
- Install Python 3.4 (NOT 3.5) and PyPoE
- Navigate to the brotli releases https://github.com/google/brotli/releases
- Download the lastest wheel for 3.4, i.e. Brotli-0.5.2-cp34-cp34m-win32.whl
- Install with
pip install Brotli-0.5.2-cp34-cp34m-win32.whl
Then using the pypoe_ui command in the ggpk viewer, you have check in the options menu that dds files are uncompressed upon extracting them.