Path of Exile Wiki:Admin noticeboard
|This admin noticeboard is a convenient way for users to notify administrators of issues needing administrative attention. While users are welcome to contact specific admins directly (especially if they are seen to be active), posting here should ensure that at least one admin will notice the issue and respond to it promptly.
Unless you want your post to be deleted and ignored,
➡ Read before posting! ⬅
Before posting, please consider the following:
Remember to sign your posts.
- 1 CargoTable /items wiped
- 2 Article search function not working properly
- 3 Massive network usage viewing items/anything.
- 4 Jewel seem to not support upgrade paths
- 5 Messed-up History
- 6 Functionality and Usability Change - .hover() / mouseover()
- 7 Notices are too intrusive and annoying
- 8 Malicious ad redirect
- 9 Remove goldrim talk page
CargoTable /items wiped
/items seems to have been wiped and it must have happened quite recently. Was that intended/scheduled? I'm asking since I don't see any warning or announcement and the table does not seem to get repopulated at the moment. --aRTyficial (talk) 16:57, 2 February 2018 (UTC)
Article search function not working properly
Several articles don't show up as a suggestion when searching for them in the searchbar. Try Inpulsa's Broken Heart for an example. You don't even get the page as a result when you search for it. --Climmels aka SirProblematique (talk) 13:08, 2 March 2018 (UTC)
Massive network usage viewing items/anything.
This appears to happen on any page i visit. (ironically expect this one.)
Massive network usage. Causing me to ping dramatically in any game i'm in. Stopping after closing the page.
- This is an issue that seems to have started early last week. I have observed it as well and reported it to the Gamepedia staff. I will be following up on it. —Vini (t|c) 21:05, 5 June 2018 (UTC)
Jewel seem to not support upgrade paths
I tried to specify the upgrade path for Combustibles as seen as in this edit. As soon as I remove the comment tags and preview the page, it throws a database error. I suspect some backend module does not support upgrade paths for jewels (yet). Molldust (talk) 13:48, 25 August 2018 (UTC)
- Use the plain item name. The template returns some html which bricks the cargo query. In general, you want to use the notes to denote something like whether the item has to unique or anything else specific to the item, while the text for the entire set is about anything special in regards to the whole recipe (i.e. that is where the reference to vaal orb be, but it would be probably best in that case to just note it's a random corruption outcome, since that's more useful on the first sight) --OmegaK2 (t|c) 19:17, 25 August 2018 (UTC)
Niightblade(t) 09:02, 24 August 2019 (UTC) :: The history page for Map fragment seems to be messed up -- it's attributing changes to me that I never made, and seems to be missing edits by other users.
Niightblade(t) 01:57, 26 August 2019 (UTC) — I definitely didn't make these changes: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Map_fragment&diff=next&oldid=560320 The summary indicates (and I vaguely remember) shortening a wikilink.
- If you say so, but I've never heard of an issue like this before. Do any of your other edits seem out of place? —Vini (t|c) 06:00, 26 August 2019 (UTC)
- Niightblade(t) — Not that I've noticed so far. The previous edit to that page (the one I was correcting) seems to be missing, but I don't remember who made that edit. Is there a way to show all wiki edits between two dates?
Niightblade(t) — I forgot to mention, but it happened again on this edit: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Tower_Map&diff=prev&oldid=577367 I didn't delete the version history. Maybe I'm just cursed? Or haunted.
map was actuallyedit was intentional though right? I think this is something with your system and maybe you should get in the habit of using "Show changes" so you can see your actual edits before you submit them. I know that I sometimes can drag text unintentionally to other places when I'm just reading/scrolling through text. --Illviljan (talk) 12:00, 28 September 2019 (UTC)
Niightblade(t) — Yes indeed I made the
map was actually change, I should have mentioned that. Since the first weird ghost edit I have been using "Show changes" 99% of the time. I guess I didn't this one time and it bit me!
Functionality and Usability Change - .hover() / mouseover()
Recently the .hover() / mouseover() functions are not working anywhere on the site. This was really important to the user experience and functionality of this wiki. For example, Information about the hundreds of individual skill gems is not displayed on the skill gem page, so now without the functions, when comparing gems or other items, you need to open a tab for each one and keep switching between them to see and compare the information. Also, with many unique items, the stat boxes don't display the full item info, so it's important to have these functions working again. Knowsbleed —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Knowsbleed (talk • contribs) 12:54, 26 December 2019 (UTC)
Notices are too intrusive and annoying
Please be far less intrusive, and do not try to force the users to read something (instead of what the user wanted to read), something totally irrevelant to the concrete wiki page, something already read many many times (zero information).
The polite method would be: to show just a small icon in the corner that "we have something new to tell you", and appear only if really is something new, i.e. the user is logged in, and it is administered in a variable that what notices are new to this user (where is she/he in the sequence of notifications). And, only if he/she clicks on the "let's see that very important notices", then show them (in some popup or new tab). The site should be usable without any logginf in, and without any permanent cookies administered (which is something equivalent to be logged in). Dndm —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Dndmpdju9kvo4fwpxn5 (talk • contribs) 11:19, 26 April 2020 (UTC)
- I'm not sure what action can be taken on this. Can you show an example of what you're seeing? —Vini (t|c) 20:32, 10 May 2020 (UTC)
Malicious ad redirect
There's a malicious ad running at the moment that keeps forcibly redirecting the page to a scammy survey "Dear Vodafone customer, congratulations", hosted at https://eu.generationyconsumertrends.xyz/ Potenzo (talk) 12:40, 7 June 2020 (UTC)
Remove goldrim talk page
Can this text be removed? https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Talk:Goldrim
I put this here thinking goldrim was giving me +2 int as a hidden stat, but I am actually an idiot because I was wearing a perandus ring which gives %int per unique. I cannot remove it as the auto-moderation thinks I am being destructive.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by KrogerHotDogs (talk • contribs) 18:33, 28 June 2020 (UTC)