Consider helping out the community effort of getting The Fall of Oriath content to the wiki. All edits are appreciated!
We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Walking, running, slithering or crawling. If it moves on Wraeclast, it's almost certainly dangerous. Ever since the catastrophe, new twisted animals have risen to dominance, and small, isolated groups of survivors have fought for survival. Visitors seldom come back, but the few that do have compiled a growing compendium of its inhabitants. This "Bestiary" includes varied accounts, from the scholarly writings of explorers to the terror-filled rantings of lucky escapees. Though their tales differ wildly in tone and substance, one thing is consistent: they warn that Wraeclast is a harsh, deadly, unforgiving environment, and anyone wishing to walk its paths had better be prepared.
Monsters have life and energy shield, and associated regeneration rates, just like player characters. These can be seen by the monsters health bar. Monsters also have armour and evasion ratings and resistances. Armour and evasion cannot be seen in the interface. The monster's list of skills will indicate if it has positive resistances to specific elements, but not the value of that resistance. Negative resistances will also be listed as vulnerabilities.
Monsters come in four rarities:
- Normal: The most common, and spawn in large groups.
- Magic: Increased statistics, and given one monster affix. They appear in smaller groups.
- Rare: Greatly increased statistics, and given three monster affixes. They spawn by themselves or with a group of normal monsters, but multiple rares may still be close together.
- Unique: Custom monsters that appear in certain areas. This includes bosses.
The statistics increased by monster rarity are life, damage, experience gained on death, item drop rarity and quantity, and flask charges gained on death. Monsters of higher rarity drop items of higher item level. Magic mobs drop items one ilevel higher than the area's monster level, and rare/unique mobs' items are two ilevels higher.
The following stats are shared by monsters. Please take note that individual monsters may have different stats.
- 1.6666666666666667% of Mana Regenerated per second
- 20.0% of Energy Shield Recharged per second
- Base Critical Strike Multiplier: 130
- Movement Speed is capped at 128
- 15% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
- 15% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge
- 15% increased Cast Speed per Frenzy Charge
- 15% to all Elemental Resistances per Endurance Charge
- 200% increased Critical Strike Chance per Power Charge
- 3 Maximum Endurance Charges
- 3 Maximum Frenzy Charges
- 3 Maximum Power Charges
- 4% more Damage per Frenzy Charge
- 5% increased Movement Speed per Frenzy Charge
- 20.0% of maximum Life per second to maximum Life Leech rate
- 20.0% of maximum Mana per second to maximum Mana Leech rate
- 200 to maximum Mana
- 75% to maximum Block Chance
- 75% to maximum Chaos Resistance
- 75% to maximum Cold Resistance
- 75% to maximum Fire Resistance
- 75% to maximum Lightning Resistance
- 75% to maximum Physical Damage Reduction
- Can have up to 20 Corrupted Blood Rain Stacks
- Can have up to 20 Corrupted Blood Stacks
- Can have up to 4 Viper Strike Orbs
- Can have up to 5 Explosive Arrow Stacks
- Can have up to 75% Dodge Chance
- Can have up to 75% Spell Dodge Chance
- Can set up to 3 Traps
- Can set up to 5 Remote Mines
- Can summon up to 1 Totem
There are certain categories of monsters that only spawn in specific locations or situations:
Monsters in Wraeclast are divided into types which generally have a common appearance, behaviour and abilities.
|Ape||Animal||Outdoors in act 2|
|Bandit||Humanoid||Outdoors in act 2|
|Birdman||Outdoors in all acts|
|Cannibal||Humanoid||Outdoors in act 1|
|Chimeral||Animal||Indoors in act 3|
|Construct||Indoors in act 2|
|Devourer||Animal||Outdoors in acts 2 and 3|
|Goatman||Humanoid||Outdoors in act 1|
|Hellion||Animal||Outdoors in act 1|
|Maw||Animal||Indoors in act 3|
|Necromancer||Humanoid||Indoors in act 2|
|Plummeting Ursa||Animal||Outdoors in act 2|
|Rhoa||Animal||Outdoors in act 1|
|Rock Golem||Construct||Act 2|
|Shield Crab||Animal||Act 1|
|Siren's Daughter||Demon||Indoors in act 1|
|Snake||Animal||Acts 2 and 3|
|Spider||Animal||Indoors in all acts|
|Spiker||Animal||Outdoors in act 3|
|Totem||Construct||Indoors in acts 2 and 3|
|Watcher||Demon||Indoors in acts 1 and 3|
|Zombie||Undead||Acts 1 and 2|