Mana Cost: 10
Cast Time: 1.40 secRequires Level 10Jump into the air, damaging and knocking back enemies with your weapon where you land. Enemies you would land on are pushed out of the way. Requires an Axe, Mace, Sceptre, Sword or Staff. Cannot be supported by Multistrike.Per 1% Quality:
1% increased Stun Duration on enemiesDeals (100-120)% of Base Attack Damage
+0.55 seconds to Attack Time
(20-39)% increased Stun Duration against Enemies that are on Full Life
Damaging Hits always Stun Enemies that are on Full LifePlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.Acquisition
Level: 10Purchase Costs
|Normal||1x Orb of Transmutation|
1x Scroll FragmentMiscellaneous
Item class: Active Skill Gems
Metadata ID: Metadata/Items/Gems/SkillGemLeapSlam
Skill functions and interactions
- Leap Slam has an instant startup when not used continuously. The cooldown between regaining its instant startup time seems to be based on attack speed.
- Accuracy: Accuracy is a factor despite the nature of the skill. Leap Slam can miss.
- Attack speed: Leap Slam has an attack time of your weapon's base attack time plus .55 seconds. Local attack speed modifiers apply to the base attack time of your weapon before the addition of .55 seconds. Global modifiers to attack speed will modify the speed at which Leap Slam performs. Leap Slam may seem slow when jumping small distances, but in reality, Leap Slam is simply always performed at the same modified speed regardless of the distance jumped.
Attack speed can be calculated with this formula: , where B is the base attack speed of your weapon, L is the local attack speed modifier, and G is the total global attack speed modifier applicable to your weapon type. Since weapons already list the locally modified attack speed, you can use this formula instead: , where W is the weapon's attack speed after local modifiers have been taken into account.
- Dual wielding: While dual wielding, hits are dealt with either the main or off-hand weapon. If one of your weapons is not compatible with leap slam, you will be unable to use leap slam.
- Multistrike SupportMultistrike SupportAttack, Melee, Support
Mana Multiplier: 160%Requires Level 38Supports melee attack skills, making them repeat twice when used, targeting a random enemy each time. Cannot support Vaal skills, totem skills, channelling skills, or triggered skills.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills deal 0.5% increased Melee Physical DamageSupported Skills Repeat 2 additional times
Supported Skills have (35-44)% more Melee Attack Speed
First Repeat of Supported Skills deals 22% more Damage
Second Repeat of Supported Skills deals 44% more Damage
Supported Skills deal (20-10)% less Attack DamageThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket.: Leap Slam cannot be supported by Multistrike.
- The maximum jumping distance of Leap Slam is confined by a square rectangle centered around the attacker. This means that the actual maximum distance will be √2 times as long, roughly 41% longer, jumping diagonally as it would be jumping straight up, down, left or right. Since the duration of the jump is the same regardless of distance, you will also end up travelling about 41% faster that way. Flame DashFlame DashSpell, Movement, Duration, Fire, Travel, Blink
Mana Cost: (8-23)
Can Store 3 Use(s)
Cooldown Time: 3.00 sec
Cast Time: 0.70 sec
Critical Strike Chance: 6.00%Requires Level 10Teleport to a location, damaging enemies and leaving a trail of burning ground in your wake. Shares a cooldown with other Blink skills.Per 1% Quality:
0.5% increased Cooldown Recovery SpeedDeals (7-479) to (11-718) Fire Damage
Deals (18.9-1262.7) Base Fire Damage per second
Base duration is 4 seconds
(0-47)% increased Cooldown Recovery SpeedPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket. and Leap Slam seem to be the only two skills that work this way, all other skills have their max-range defined by a circle as one would expect.
Leap Slam is primarily used as a movement skill. Leap Slam can be used to cross cliffs, chasms, and obstacles. Faster Attacks SupportFaster Attacks SupportAttack, Support
Mana Multiplier: 115%Requires Level 18Supports attack skills.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills have 0.5% increased Attack SpeedSupported Skills have (25-44)% increased Attack SpeedThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket. is a good support for this purpose as it will increase the speed of travel.
Gem level progression
|Stun Duration||Exp.||Total Exp.|
This item can be acquired through the following upgrade paths or vendor recipes:
|6||The FoxThe Fox6Level 20 Gem"Masters of wit, strength and cunning. To survive the harsh winters, you must be like the fox."|
- Ezomyte Proverb
|random level 20 gem||Automatic|
|3||Gemcutter's PromiseGemcutter's Promise3Superior Gem|
Quality: +20%"I swore to use my position to help the people. What good is power when it just accumulates on the already-powerful?" - Erasmus, Imperial Gemcutter
|random superior gem (Q20)||Automatic|
This item is given as a quest reward for the following quests:
|The Caged Brute|
This item can be bought at the listed NPC vendors, after completing the following quests:
|The Caged Brute|
|A Fixture of Fate|
|Fallen from Grace|
Related helmet enchantments
The following helmet enchantments affect Leap Slam.
|Enchantment Leap Slam Attack Speed 1||66||10% increased Leap Slam Attack Speed||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Leap Slam Attack Speed 2||75||15% increased Leap Slam Attack Speed||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Leap Slam Damage 1||66||25% increased Leap Slam Damage||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Leap Slam Damage 2||75||40% increased Leap Slam Damage||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Leap Slam Area Of Effect 1||66||16% increased Leap Slam Area of Effect||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Leap Slam Area Of Effect 2||75||24% increased Leap Slam Area of Effect||helmet 100|
The list below shows microtransactions for Leap Slam.
|Celestial Leap Slam EffectCelestial Leap Slam EffectLeap Slam SkinYour Leap Slam becomes a Celestial effect.||Your Leap Slam becomes a Celestial effect.|
|Demonic Leap Slam EffectDemonic Leap Slam EffectCultist Leap Slam SkinYour Leap Slam becomes a demonic effect.||Your Leap Slam becomes a demonic effect.|
|Harlequin Leap Slam EffectHarlequin Leap Slam EffectLeap Slam SkinYour Leap Slam becomes a Harlequin effect.||Your Leap Slam becomes a Harlequin effect.|
|Sin Leap Slam EffectSin Leap Slam EffectLeap Slam SkinYour Leap Slam becomes a sin effect.||Your Leap Slam becomes a sin effect.|