Consider helping out the community effort of getting The Fall of Oriath content to the wiki. All edits are appreciated!
Mana Cost: 15
Cast Time: 1.40 secRequires Level 10Jump into the air, damaging enemies (and knocking back some) with your main hand where you land. Enemies you would land on are pushed out of the way. Requires an axe, mace, sword or staff. Cannot be supported by Multistrike.Per 1% Quality:
0.5% chance to Knock Enemies Back on hitDeals (100-122.8)% of Base Damage
20% chance to Knock Enemies Back on hitPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.Acquisition
Level: 10Purchase Costs
|Normal||1x Orb of Transmutation|
1x Scroll Fragment
|This page needs to be reworked to make use of the Math template. |
Please help if you can.
Long ago, the marauders of Oriath perfected a devastating battle technique - the ferocious Leap Slam. With a guttural cry, the leaper hurtles forward and smashes the ground at the feet of the enemy. The force from this blow deals substantial damage in a circle around the targeted spot, and will even knock back and stun. The Leap Slam is useful not only as an offensive technique, but also because it can serve, in a pinch, to escape from danger. The Marauders of Oriath were famous for attacking their foes from above, leaping down from high ledges to crush their enemies' skulls.Description on the official Path of Exile website 
Skill functions and interactions
- Accuracy: Accuracy is a factor despite the nature of the skill. Leap Slam can miss.
- Attack speed: Leap Slam has its own attack time of 1.40 seconds and modifiers to attack speed will modify the speed at which Leap Slam performs. While its base attack time is not equal to the base attack time of your weapon, it does benefit from local attack speed modifiers on the weapon just like any other skill (multiplicatively). Leap Slam may seem slow when jumping small distances, but in reality, Leap Slam is simply always performed at the same modified speed regardless of the distance jumped.
- Dual wielding: Leap Slam will use only the main hand weapon.
- Damage: Tooltip incorrectly averages the DPS and APS of your Main and Off Hand weapons, even though only your Main Hand weapon will ever be used. This is true even if your Off Hand weapon could not be used with Leap Slam in the first place. You can calculate your actual APS by multiplying 1/1.4 with (1 + Main Hand Attack Speed Modifier) and your actual DPS by multiplying the result with your average Main Hand Total Combined Damage, your Chance To Hit and (1 + Main Hand Critical Strike Chance * (Main Hand Critical Strike Multiplier - 1)). Make sure to convert all %-values to actual numbers by dividing by 100 before plugging them into this formula.
- This will give you a reasonably close approximation, as your chance to hit may vary between your main and off hand but is averaged on the character screen.
- Multistrike SupportMultistrike SupportAttack, Melee, Support
Mana Multiplier: 180%Requires Level 38Supports melee attack skills, making them repeat twice when used, targeting a random enemy each time. Cannot support Vaal skills, totem skills, channelling skills, or triggered skills.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills deal 0.5% increased Melee Physical DamageSupported Skills Repeat 2 additional times
Supported Skills have (75-94)% more Melee Attack Speed
Supported Skills deal 30% less Attack DamageThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket.: Leap Slam cannot be supported by Multistrike.
Leap Slam is primarily used as a movement skill. It is one of three skills that allow you to cross cliffs, chasms, and obstacles without prior preparation, the others being Lightning WarpLightning WarpSpell, AoE, Duration, Movement, Lightning
Mana Cost: (15 to 33)
Cast Time: 1.00 sec
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Damage Effectiveness: 60%Requires Level 10Casts a delayed teleport to a target destination. When the teleport occurs, lightning damage is dealt to the area around both where the player was and where they teleported to.Per 1% Quality:
1% increased Cast SpeedDeals (1-37) to (19-707) Lightning Damage
(0-38)% reduced DurationPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket. and Flame DashFlame DashSpell, Movement, Duration, Fire
Mana Cost: (10 to 30)
Can store 3 use(s)
Cooldown Time: 3.00 sec
Cast Time: 0.75 sec
Critical Strike Chance: 6.00%Requires Level 10Teleport to a location, damaging enemies and leaving a trail of burning ground in your wake.Per 1% Quality:
0.5% increased Cast SpeedDeals (6-319) to (9-479) Fire Damage
Deals (10.9-599) Base Fire Damage per second
Base duration is 4 secondsPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.. Faster Attacks SupportFaster Attacks SupportAttack, Support
Mana Multiplier: 115%Requires Level 18Supports attack skills.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills have 0.5% increased Attack SpeedSupported Skills have (25-44)% increased Attack SpeedThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket. is a good support for this purpose as it will increase the speed of travel . BrightbeakBrightbeak
War HammerOne Hand Maces
Physical Damage: (23.8 to 27.3)–(54.4 to 62.4)
Critical Strike Chance: 6.25%
Attacks per Second: 2.10
Weapon Range: 9Requires Level 20, 71 Str10% reduced Enemy Stun Threshold(50-75)% increased Physical Damage
50% increased Attack Speed
25% increased Critical Strike Chance
+(20-30)% to Fire Resistance
+(20-30)% to Lightning Resistance"I know how to say 'faster' and 'attack' in Karui, Marak and Ezo."
- Voll of Thebrus in the alternate weapon set is a popular weapon to use for moving with Leap Slam due to its huge increase in attack speed. A Prismatic EclipsePrismatic Eclipse
Twilight BladeOne Hand Swords
Physical Damage: (60 to 72)–(140.4 to 151.2)
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.30
Weapon Range: 9Requires Level 53, 91 Str, 91 Dex40% increased Accuracy Rating8% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding
Adds (20-30) to (31-40) Physical Damage
25% increased Physical Damage with Weapons per Red Socket
12% increased Global Attack Speed per Green Socket
0.4% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana per Blue Socket
+2 to Melee Weapon Range per White Socket"A raging Solaris seared and contorted the orb's surface.
A despairing Lunaris filled the scars with her tears.
Yet Viridi remained, trapped within, forever more."
- Azmerian Creation Myth with green sockets can be used in the other hand if even more speed is desired.
Gem level progression
Quest rewardThis skill is given as quest reward for the following quests:
|The Caged Brute|
Vendor rewardThis skill can be bought at the listed npc vendors after completing the following quests:
|The Caged Brute|
|A Fixture of Fate|
|Fallen from Grace|
Related helmet enchantments
The following helmet enchantments affect Leap Slam:
|EnchantmentLeapSlamAttackSpeed1||66||10% increased Leap Slam Attack Speed|
|EnchantmentLeapSlamAttackSpeed2||75||15% increased Leap Slam Attack Speed|
|EnchantmentLeapSlamDamage1||66||25% increased Leap Slam Damage|
|EnchantmentLeapSlamDamage2||75||40% increased Leap Slam Damage|
|EnchantmentLeapSlamRadius1||66||8% increased Leap Slam Area of Effect|
|EnchantmentLeapSlamRadius2||75||12% increased Leap Slam Area of Effect|
- "Strength skills". Official Path of Exile website.