Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
Mana Cost: (9-27)
Cast Time: 0.85 sec
Critical Strike Chance: 7.00%
Damage Effectiveness: 80%
Projectile Speed: 1000Requires Level 12Launches a shard of ice that pierces close enemies, before exploding on a distant enemy with a much higher critical strike chance.Per 1% Quality:
2% increased Projectile SpeedDeals (17-548) to (26-822) Cold Damage
(40-78)% increased Chill Duration on enemies
Second form has 600% increased Critical Strike Chance
(10-29)% increased Effect of ChillPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.Acquisition
Level: 12Purchase Costs
|Normal||1x Orb of Transmutation|
1x Scroll FragmentMiscellaneous
Item class: Active Skill Gems
Metadata ID: Metadata/Items/Gems/SkillGemIceSpear
Skill functions and interactions
- Increased Chill Duration: Chill effects caused by either form will last longer than they normally would for the given damage value.
- Multiple Stages: This spell has two forms. The first form has 100% natural piercing. Once the projectile reaches a preset distance from the caster, it will instantly change to its second form. The second form will not pierce enemies without modification, but has a 600% increased chance to critical strike. With a base critical strike chance of 7%, the second form will have 49% chance to critically strike, before other modifiers. Ice Spear will do full spell damage to monsters hit in either form.
- Projectile Speed: x% increased Projectile Speed will not affect the distance at which the spell changes to its second form, but will increase Ice Spear's travel speed.
- Piercing: The first form naturally pierces all targets, but additional targets pierce allows the second form to pierce targets aswell.
- Fork and Chain: In the first form Ice Spear doesn't fork or chain but in the second form it does and stays at the second form after it.
NB: Frost Sentinels monsters will use a different version of the skill, with additional projectiles (from 0 to 2) and 50% increased damage in second form. Fork and chain still applies to the skill in second form, as well as pierce in the first one.
- Can be used in left mouse button slot to cast and move.
Gem level progression
|1||12||33||9||17 to 26||40%||0||0|
|2||15||39||10||21 to 31||42%||15,249||15,249|
|3||19||48||11||28 to 42||44%||41,517||56,766|
|4||23||56||12||36 to 53||46%||81,983||138,749|
|5||27||64||13||47 to 70||48%||147,968||286,717|
|6||31||73||14||61 to 91||50%||250,557||537,274|
|7||35||81||16||78 to 117||52%||405,086||942,360|
|8||38||88||16||94 to 140||54%||447,718||1,390,078|
|9||41||94||17||112 to 168||56%||615,318||2,005,396|
|10||44||100||18||133 to 200||58%||834,639||2,840,035|
|11||47||106||19||158 to 237||60%||1,570,760||4,410,795|
|12||50||113||20||187 to 281||62%||1,633,987||6,044,782|
|13||53||119||21||221 to 332||64%||2,151,030||8,195,812|
|14||56||125||22||261 to 391||66%||2,812,189||11,008,001|
|15||59||132||23||307 to 460||68%||5,099,360||16,107,361|
|16||62||138||24||360 to 540||70%||9,400,731||25,508,092|
|17||64||142||24||400 to 600||72%||15,273,366||40,781,458|
|18||66||146||25||445 to 667||74%||26,286,582||67,068,040|
|19||68||151||26||494 to 741||76%||62,890,590||129,958,630|
|20||70||155||27||548 to 822||78%||212,046,017||342,004,647|
|21||72||159||28||607 to 911||80%||N/A||N/A|
|22||74||N/A||29||673 to 1009||82%||N/A||N/A|
|23||76||N/A||29||745 to 1118||84%||N/A||N/A|
|24||78||N/A||30||825 to 1237||86%||N/A||N/A|
|25||80||N/A||30||912 to 1369||88%||N/A||N/A|
|26||82||N/A||31||1009 to 1513||90%||N/A||N/A|
|27||84||N/A||32||1115 to 1672||92%||N/A||N/A|
|28||86||N/A||33||1232 to 1847||94%||N/A||N/A|
|29||88||N/A||33||1360 to 2040||96%||N/A||N/A|
|30||90||N/A||34||1501 to 2251||98%||N/A||N/A|
|31||91||N/A||34||1577 to 2365||99%||N/A||N/A|
|32||92||N/A||34||1656 to 2484||100%||N/A||N/A|
|33||93||N/A||34||1739 to 2609||101%||N/A||N/A|
|34||94||N/A||35||1826 to 2739||102%||N/A||N/A|
|35||95||N/A||35||1918 to 2876||103%||N/A||N/A|
|36||96||N/A||35||2013 to 3020||104%||N/A||N/A|
|37||97||N/A||36||2114 to 3171||105%||N/A||N/A|
|38||98||N/A||36||2219 to 3328||106%||N/A||N/A|
|39||99||N/A||36||2329 to 3493||107%||N/A||N/A|
|40||100||N/A||37||2444 to 3667||108%||N/A||N/A|
This item can be bought at the listed npc vendors after completing the following quests:
|The Siren's Cadence|
|A Fixture of Fate|
|Fallen from Grace|
Related helmet enchantments
The following helmet enchantments affect Ice Spear.
|EnchantmentIceSpearDamage1||66||25% increased Ice Spear Damage|
|EnchantmentIceSpearDamage2||75||40% increased Ice Spear Damage|
|EnchantmentIceSpearPercentChanceToGainPowerChargeOnCriticalStrike1||66||10% Chance to gain a Power Charge on Critical Strike with Ice Spear|
|EnchantmentIceSpearPercentChanceToGainPowerChargeOnCriticalStrike2_||75||15% Chance to gain a Power Charge on Critical Strike with Ice Spear|
|EnchantmentIceSpearSecondFormCriticalStrikeChance1||66||200% increased Ice Spear Critical Strike Chance in second form|
|EnchantmentIceSpearSecondFormCriticalStrikeChance2||75||300% increased Ice Spear Critical Strike Chance in second form|
The list below shows microtransactions for Ice Spear.
|Swordfish Ice Spear Effect|
Swordfish Ice Spear EffectIce Spear Skin
Stack Size: 20Your Ice Spear becomes a shattering icy swordfish.
|Your Ice Spear becomes a shattering icy swordfish.|