A system has been added that will automatically add divination cards and other items to the item acquisition sections where appropriate. Entries added by this system will be shown as automatic in the item acquisition section.
Some pages will need to be updated to include
upgraded_from_disabled=true if they are not eligible for the system.
Some further details on what needs to be done can be found on Path of Exile Wiki:To-do list/Automatic upgraded from and issues can be posted on the talk page.
High Templar Avarius
|High Templar Avarius|
|Location(s)||The Chamber of Innocence|
|Quest(s)||Death to Purity|
High Templar Avarius is a unique boss located in the Chamber of Innocence. Upon defeating him, Innocence awakens.
After Dominus died, Avarius took his place into the Court of Divine Temperance as the High Templar that commands the Ebony Legion. His rise to power is suggested to have been made possible by the powers he acquired after becoming the living vessel for Innocence, one of the old Gods awakened by the death of The Beast.
Defeating Avarius and Innocence is part of the quest Death to Purity.
Avarius represents a significant paradigm shift in how boss fights occur in Path of Exile: Unlike most such enemies encountered in Act I through Act IV, High Templar Avarius and his subsequent form, Innocence, are capable of inflicting massive amounts of elemental damage through specific attacks. Withstanding said attacks is simply not viable for most characters coursing normally through the game, as even capped resistances will not ensure the player's survival when hit by the boss' most devastating abilities.
Instead, the player should focus on dodging these attacks while dishing out as much damage as possible in order to shorten the fight. Movement skills can greatly help when trying to accomplish this while adequate defenses, such as capped resistances combined with high eHP pool, should provide a slight safety net.
At every phase, Avarius will repeatedly cast basic abilities followed by a Major ability.
- Cleave: A circle appears around Avarius, then he strikes with increased range.
- Fireball: Avarius casts 3 fireballs in a succesion.
- Divine Slam: Avarius staff glows and casts a wave on the floor that travels to a location, the wave explodes in a large area upon reaching destination. Key phrase: "Kneel".
- Rapid Projectile: Avarius draws a pentacle, channeling energy to release 5 projectiles in a barrage after a short delay. These projectiles always pierce Key Phrase: "Burn".
- Raise Statue: After 75% onwards Avarius will raise and animate statues. Key phrase: "Rise!".
- Minion Spawn: At 50% Avarius teleports to the middle of the arena and spawns minions for 24 seconds. During this period, all Statues disappear. Key phrase: "I am The Emperor".
- Divine Charge: Avarius dashes to a location leaving Spark projectiles on his trail. No Key phrase.
- Divine Charge 2: Avarius dashes to a location and slams the ground in front of him shortly after. No Key phrase.
- Divine Beam: Avarius casts a linear ray at the player that inflicts fire damage over time and a stacking debuff that increases fire damage taken by 10% per stack, similar to Scorching Ray. Key Phrase "I am the Torch".
- Divine Call: Calls down 5 fireballs from above: Key phrase: "I am the Storm!".
- Super Projectile: Innocence releases a projectile to the floor, after landing it will emit 5 waves of projectiles in a nova. The statues will block any projectiles in their trajectory. Key phrase "I Am Your God".
- Minion Spawn 2: Same as his initial phase, will occur at 50% and 33% of life. Spawns additional "Prayer Guards". Key phrase: "I am The Emperor".
- Delayed Blast: Innocence casts an expanding circle that detonates once fully expanded. Key phrase: "I am the end".
The following divination cards can drop from this monster: