The hideout is a special area players can design for themselves. It is awarded for leveling any master to level 3. Players can invite up to seven masters to their hideout and decorate it with items bought from the masters for special points called "Favour".
Hideouts can be visited using the
/hideout command while in town, or from any waypoint. The waypoint for the hideout is found in the bottom right corner of the map, but only appears for players when they are at a waypoint.
A hideout can be changed any time by speaking to a master of level 3 or higher.
- Decorations and microtransactions will be placed in the hideout stash.
- Changing back to a previous hideout will not restore its design.
- There is no reputation penalty to switching your hideout.
Each master has a different tileset for the hideout he or she offers.
A level 3 master will offer a hideout to the player. The hideout tileset depends on the master (see above).
A level 2 master can be invited to the hideout. This offers the following benefits:
- The invited master will offer a daily mission. Daily missions provide 250% of the reputation and favour of a normal mission. Note that masters can be encountered "in the wild" regardless of which master(s) are in the hideout.
- The master will sell items to the player. Their inventory refreshes upon starting their daily mission. The rarity of the items increases with reputation Level. Each master also sells magic items with a special signature mod that is only available from that master.
- Talking to the master in the hideout will allow players to create that master's crafting bench. The bench remains and levels up with the master even if that master is dismissed.
Initially players can invite a maximum of two masters to a hideout. At master level 5 and 7 players may invite an additional master for a maximum of seven. Dismissing a master will forfeit all accumulated reputation towards the next level. No favour will be lost, however.
|Level of Master||Hideout Capacity|
Only the masters in the hideout can offer daily missions and the use of their crafting bench. Once players have a bench masters do not need to be present in order to use it.
When a player receives a crafting bench from a master, it is permanently added to the player's hideout stash across all leagues. There's no need to rotate masters in and out, losing favor with each of them, just to gain access to their benches.
It is possible to buy various decorations (a maximum of 750) for favour from the masters in the hideout or from masters in towns. By pressing the "Hideout"-button players can see the Decorations available. By pressing the "Edit"-button players can move the decorations and rotate them around.
Hover over the "i"-button in the Editing-Menu to get the following instructions.
- To move an object, drag it or press the arrow keys.
- To rotate an object, drag between the two circles or press R/Shift+R.
- To rotate an object exactly 90°, use CTRL+R/CTRL+ALT+R
- To change the variation of a decoration, use the mousewheel or press Page Up/Page Down.
- To reclaim an object, select it and press Delete.
- When finished, click the Done button.
Players can visit someone else's hideout by right clicking on the desired player's name and choosing "Visit Hideout".
It's possible to control who can do this via tickboxes at the bottom of the hideout stash. Players can separately allow or disallow friends, guild members, or party members.
Visitors can sell at masters, but cannot buy, and cannot use any crafting benches.