Mana Cost: 10
Cast Time: 1.00 sec
Damage Effectiveness: (110%-137%)Requires Level 16Performs an attack that gives the character a frenzy charge if it hits. Frenzy charges increase your attack speed.Per 1% Quality:
0.5% increased Attack SpeedDeals (110-136.6)% of Base Damage
5% increased Physical Damage per Frenzy Charge
5% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge
+(0-2) to Melee rangePlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.Acquisition
Level: 16Purchase Costs
|Normal||1x Orb of Alteration|
1x Scroll FragmentMiscellaneous
Item class: Active Skill Gems
Metadata ID: Metadata/Items/Gems/SkillGemFrenzy
Frenzy is an attack that grants frenzy charges on hit and also gets large bonuses from them. Frenzy is not the only skill that grants frenzy charges, but it is a good way to build them quickly. A Frenzy attack may be performed with any weapon type or unarmed.
Skill functions and interactions
- Dual Wielding: Dual wielding attacks with Frenzy will alternate weapons each attack.
- Increased Physical Damage per Frenzy Charge: When you use Frenzy (the skill) to attack an enemy, you will receive a bonus to the physical damage done by that attack based on how many frenzy charges you had before using the skill.
- Increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge: When you use Frenzy (the skill) to attack an enemy, you will receive a bonus to the attack speed of the attack based on how many frenzy charges you had before using the skill. Note that frenzy charges grant +4% attack speed per charge to any attack, which also apply to attacks made with Frenzy (the skill). So, if you have two frenzy charges, you will get a total of 18% (2 * 5% + 2 * 4%) increased attack speed with your next attack made with Frenzy, but only a 8% increased attack speed bonus with any other attack that does not have a similar bonus.
- Multiple Projectiles: When Frenzy is used with a ranged weapon and multiple enemies are hit, only one frenzy charge maximum will be gained per use of the skill.
- Melee Splash: Only one Frenzy charge will be granted no matter how many enemies are hit by it.
- Multistrike: Only one Frenzy charge can be granted per sequence of attacks.
- Ancestral Call: Only one Frenzy charge will be granted no matter how many enemies are hit by it.
- Despite its Melee tag, its damage is not increased by linking it to melee support gems while using a bow. This includes Melee Physical Damage SupportMelee Physical Damage SupportMelee, Support, Attack
Mana Multiplier: 140%Requires Level 18Supports melee attack skills.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills deal 0.5% increased Melee Physical DamageSupported Skills deal (30-49)% more Melee Physical Damage
Supported Skills deal (30-49)% more Damage with Bleeding and Poison caused by Melee HitsThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket. and Multistrike SupportMultistrike SupportAttack, Melee, Support
Mana Multiplier: 180%Requires Level 38Supports melee attack skills, making them repeat twice when used, targeting a random enemy each time. Cannot support Vaal skills, totem skills, channelling skills, or triggered skills.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills deal 0.5% increased Melee Physical DamageSupported Skills Repeat 2 additional times
Supported Skills have (75-94)% more Melee Attack Speed
Supported Skills deal 30% less Attack DamageThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket.. However, the mana cost will increase as normal. Such gems will function with a melee weapon.
Gem level progression
This item is given as quest reward for the following quests:
|Intruders in Black|
This item can be bought at the listed npc vendors after completing the following quests:
|The Root of the Problem|
|A Fixture of Fate|
|Fallen from Grace|
Related helmet enchantments
The following helmet enchantments affect Frenzy.
|EnchantmentFrenzyDamage1||66||25% increased Frenzy Damage|
|EnchantmentFrenzyDamage2||75||40% increased Frenzy Damage|
|EnchantmentFrenzyDamagePerFrenzyCharge1||66||6% increased Frenzy Damage per Frenzy Charge|
|EnchantmentFrenzyDamagePerFrenzyCharge2||75||9% increased Frenzy Damage per Frenzy Charge|
|EnchantmentFrenzyPercentChanceToGainAdditionalFrenzyCharge1||66||20% Chance on Frenzy to gain an additional Frenzy Charge|
|EnchantmentFrenzyPercentChanceToGainAdditionalFrenzyCharge2||75||30% Chance on Frenzy to gain an additional Frenzy Charge|