Mana Cost: 8
Cast Time: 1.00 sec
Effectiveness of Added Damage: (165%-190%)Requires Level 28Attacks enemies with a melee strike, applying a debuff for a short duration. If a non-unique enemy dies while affected by the debuff, the enemy's corpse will be consumed and a Sentinel of Dominance with the same rarity, prefix and suffix modifiers will be summoned for a longer secondary duration.Per 1% Quality:
Minions deal 1% increased DamageDeals (165-190)% of Base Attack Damage
Base duration is 1 seconds
Maximum 9 Summoned Normal Sentinels of Dominance
Maximum 3 Summoned Magic Sentinels of Dominance
Maximum 1 Summoned Rare Sentinel of Dominance
Base secondary duration is 20 seconds
25% Chance to Summon a Normal Sentinel of Dominance when you Hit a Unique Monster
+(0-2) to Melee Strike RangePlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.Acquisition
Level: 28Purchase Costs
|Normal||1x Orb of Chance|
1x Scroll FragmentMiscellaneous
Item class: Active Skill Gems
Metadata ID: Metadata/Items/Gems/SkillGemDominatingBlow
Skill functions and interactions
- Sentinels: Sentinels use regular melee attacks, as well as Shield Charge on a cooldown. They can also perform a Crusade Slam, which deals area of effect damage in a cone in front of them.
- Sentinel types: Magic (blue named) and rare (yellow named) enemies can be made into a Sentinel using this skill, but unique monsters cannot. Magic and Rare Sentinels will keep all special attributes of the enemy it was raised from, including auras which will be applied to the player and all allies.
- Sentinel mods: the Skill only copies the Prefix and Suffix modifiers from the monster. These are the regular mods that it gets for being magic/rare, just as with Prefixes and Suffixes on items. Nemesis and Bloodline mods are extra mods that are not prefixes or suffixes, and thus are not copied.
- Support gems: Any support gem that can apply to both an attack as well as a minion skill will apply to both the attack made by Dominating Blow and the Sentinels. For example, Melee Splash SupportMelee Splash SupportSupport, Melee, Attack, Strike, AoE
Mana Multiplier: 140%Requires Level 8Supports melee strike skills, causing their melee strike to deal splash damage around each target hit.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills have 0.5% increased Area of EffectSupported Skills deal (50-41)% less Damage to surrounding targets
Supported Skills deal Splash Damage to surrounding targets
Supported Skills have (0-57)% more Melee Splash Area of EffectThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket. will grant both the attacks made with Dominating Blow and the Sentinel's basic attacks splash damage.
- Sentinels won't hit additional targets if the skill gems is supported by Ancestral Call SupportAncestral Call SupportSupport, Melee, Attack, Strike
Mana Multiplier: 140%Requires Level 4Supports melee strike skills, causing them to also strike at extra targets simultaneously. The extra targets must be a minimum distance from the user. If supporting a minion attack skill, the minion's skills will not also strike extra targets. Cannot support triggered skills.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills have 0.5% increased Attack SpeedSupported Strike Skills target 2 additional nearby Enemies
Supported Skills deal (19-0)% less DamageThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket., but will still receive the "Supported skills deal x% less Damage" penalty.
- Dual wielding: Dual wielding attacks with Dominating Blow will alternate the weapon being swung.
- Sentinel stats scale heavily with the gem level of Dominating Blow. For example at gem level 20 they have a base physical damage of 768 to 1,152 with a total life of 7,228 per Sentinel, while at gem level 15 their base physical damage is 461 to 692 with a total life of 4,408 per Sentinel.
- Sentinels have 40% Elemental Resistances and 20% Chaos Resistance.
- Sentinels have a base attack time of 1.20.
Gem level progression
This item can be acquired through the following upgrade paths or vendor recipes:
|6||The FoxThe Fox6Level 20 Gem"Masters of wit, strength and cunning. To survive the harsh winters, you must be like the fox."|
- Ezomyte Proverb
|random level 20 gem||Automatic|
|6||The SummonerThe Summoner6Superior Minion Gem|
Quality: +20%To own a piece of the Nightmare, you must first belong to the Nightmare.
|random superior Minion gem (Q20)||Automatic|
|3||Gemcutter's PromiseGemcutter's Promise3Superior Gem|
Quality: +20%"I swore to use my position to help the people. What good is power when it just accumulates on the already-powerful?" - Erasmus, Imperial Gemcutter
|random superior gem (Q20)||Automatic|
This item is given as a quest reward for the following quests:
|Sever the Right Hand|
This item can be bought at the listed NPC vendors, after completing the following quests:
|A Fixture of Fate|
|Sever the Right Hand|
|Fallen from Grace|
Related helmet enchantments
The following helmet enchantments affect Dominating Blow.
|Enchantment Dominating Blow Additional Magic 1||66||Dominating Blow can summon 2 additional Magic Sentinels of Dominance||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Dominating Blow Additional Magic 2||75||Dominating Blow can summon 3 additional Magic Sentinels of Dominance||helmet 100|
|Enchantment Dominating Blow Additional Rare 1||75||Dominating Blow can summon an additional Rare Sentinel of Dominance||helmet 100|