A solution to the Semantic Mediawiki (SMW) problem been found and SMW has been reenabled. SMW is currently rebuilding properties on various pages, until that is done expect to see further "not found" issues or incomplete item lists. Work on porting SMW templates to Cargo continues on as well, potentially causing temporary disruption to pages.
Mana Cost: (7 to 30)
Cast Time: 0.60 sec
Critical Strike Chance: 6.00%Requires Level 4Targets a corpse, and deals spell damage to enemies around the corpse, as well as causing the corpse to explode, dealing fire damage. The explosion is not affected by modifiers to spell damage and cannnot be reflected.Per 1% Quality:
0.5% increased Cast SpeedExplosion deals base Fire Damage equal to 6% of the corpse's maximum Life
Deals (10-823) to (14-1235) Fire Damage
+(0-4) to radiusPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.Acquisition
Level: 5Purchase Costs
|Normal||1x Scroll of Wisdom|
1x Scroll Fragment
To a skilled practitioner of the occult, the corpses of slain foes are a tool to bend to their dark purpose. While most seek to animate the very souls of fallen enemies, a crafty handful have discovered an even more potent use. Infusing the enzymes and acids of the target's body with magical energy, the caster creates a volatile mixture that detonates violently when a final word is spoken. The explosion blasts outwards in every direction, showering nearby enemies with flame and toxic liquid. At higher levels of skill, the detonation will damage and stun foes in a wide area.Description on the official Path of Exile website 
Skill functions and interactions
- Secondary damage: Detonate Dead's explosion deals secondary damage, hence it cannot be affected by stats affecting spell damage, including ones such as x% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells. However the corpse explosion component of the spell will receive bonuses from elemental, area, and fire related stats.
- Partying: While in a party, the explosion ignores the increased life added for each player beyond the first and treats the monster's life as if the player was solo.
- Damage reflection: The damage from the Detonate Dead explosion cannot be reflected.
- Blocking: The damage from the Detonate Dead explosion cannot be blocked
Gem level progression
Lua error in Module:Skill at line 630: No gem level progression data found.
Quest rewardThis skill is given as quest reward for the following quests:
|Breaking Some Eggs|
Vendor rewardThis skill can be bought at the listed npc vendors after completing the following quests:
|Breaking Some Eggs|
|A Fixture of Fate|
|Fallen from Grace|
Related helmet enchantments
The following helmet enchantments affect Detonate Dead
|EnchantmentDetonateDeadDamage1||66||25% increased Detonate Dead Damage|
|EnchantmentDetonateDeadDamage2||75||40% increased Detonate Dead Damage|
|EnchantmentDetonateDeadPercentChanceToDetonateAdditionalCorpse1||66||Detonate Dead has a 30% chance to detonate an additional Corpse|
|EnchantmentDetonateDeadPercentChanceToDetonateAdditionalCorpse2||75||Detonate Dead has a 45% chance to detonate an additional Corpse|
|EnchantmentDetonateDeadRadius1||66||8% increased Detonate Dead Area of Effect|
|EnchantmentDetonateDeadRadius2||75||12% increased Detonate Dead Area of Effect|
- Path of Exile. "Dexterity skills". Official Path of Exile website.
- Mark_GGG (February 3, 2013). "Devs and other GD people - Kripps Death a good thing". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved August 2, 2013.