Daresso, King of Swords
|Daresso, King of Swords|
|Location(s)||The Grand Arena|
|Quest(s)||The King of Desire|
|Resistance(s)||Resists Elemental Damage |
Resists Chaos Damage
|Skill(s)||Cold wave |
Summon Ice Clones
Daresso, King of Swords is a unique monster located in The Grand Arena.
He is the final enemy in this area and defeating him during the quest The King of Desire will cause him to drop The Eye of DesireThe Eye of Desire"It is a cruel joke that
Man was born with more
Intent than Life."
Daresso was the Sword King, a title reserved to the most exalted duelist of the Grand Arena of Theopolis. An orphaned slave boy, at age 13, he was forced into fighting in the pits for the amusement of gamblers. Daresso had a knack for fighting; at age 15, he made his first kill on another man, and eventually went on to become a duelist at the Grand Arena.
At first, Daresso fought simply to survive. Daresso would eventually become outmatched, but just before he accepted defeat, he had first laid his eyes upon Merveil. With newfound purpose, Daresso turned the fight around and began fighting for his new desire: the favor of Merveil. He rose up in rank even higher and eventually challenged the Sword King. Following his victory against the Sword King, Daresso immediately asked for Merveil's hand in marriage.
Daresso proposed to Merveil with the Star of WraeclastStar of Wraeclast
Ruby AmuletRequires Level 28+(20-30)% to Fire ResistanceGrants Level 20 Illusory Warp Skill
(30-50)% increased Cold Damage
+(10-15)% to all Elemental Resistances
60% increased Area of Effect of Curse Skills
You cannot be Cursed with Silence
Corrupted"I offer to you an eternal oath
that binds your heart to mine;
a bond that not even death will break.
Will you accept?"
- Daresso, to his beloved, unaware of its curse. Seeing his beloved slowly turn into a monster, Daresso slipped away into Wraeclast, hoping to find a cure for her curse. Although the details afterwards are unknown, Daresso eventually perished in Wraeclast.
- Ice Clones - An attack skill that spawns projectiles from locations around the player with a short delay. The projectiles look like icy clones of Daresso, but are regular attack projectiles in all respects.
- Attack Combo - A single target melee attack skill that does three sequential hits. The final hit has a percentage of physical damage added as extra cold damage. This attack skips evasion and dodge checks because of a bug but it can still be blocked.
- Cold Waves - Similar to Reave skill, it does three waves per use with increased radius for each successive wave. 100% of the physical damage of this attack is converted to cold, and the skill has Resolute Technique (always hit, never crit).
- Enrage - Activates automatically each time a quarter of his life is removed. It grants him a buff increasing attack speed that lasts a short duration, except for the last time he uses it, in which case the duration is infinite. While kneeling, attacking him will restore health to him, up to the nearest 25% (25%, 50%, 75%).
- Charge - Pretty much the same as Whirling Blades skill.
- Sword Clouds - This is an environmental effect, meaning it isn't directly used by Daresso. The cloud is a physical damage spell that repeatedly hits everything in its area of effect, it cannot cause stun.
Colosseum Map Boss video
|Daresso's SaluteDaresso's Salute|
Citrine AmuletRequires Level 16+(16-24) to Strength and Dexterity50% reduced maximum Energy Shield
+(30-40)% to Fire Resistance
+(30-40)% to Cold Resistance
10% increased Movement Speed when on Full Life
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed Attack range
60% increased Melee Damage when on Full Life"A bit short in the arm, are you?
Then you'll be short of a head soon enough."
- Daresso the Daring
|Daresso's PassionDaresso's Passion|
EstocOne Handed Sword
Physical Damage: (61.2-70.8)–(108-120)
Elemental Damage: (30-38)–(40-50)
Critical Strike Chance: 5.50%
Attacks per Second: 1.50
Weapon Range: 12Requires Level 43, 140 Dex+25% to Global Critical Strike MultiplierAdds (30-38) to (40-50) Physical Damage
Adds (30-38) to (40-50) Cold Damage
20% reduced Frenzy Charge Duration
25% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill
(60-80)% increased Damage while you have no Frenzy ChargesIt doesn't matter how well the young swordsman trains.
All form and finesse are forgotten when blood first hits the ground.
|Daresso's CourageDaresso's Courage|
Baroque Round ShieldQuality: +20%
Chance to Block: (27%-30%)
Movement Speed: -3%Requires Level 54, 70 Str, 70 Dex120% increased Block Recovery20% increased Global Physical Damage
(100-120)% increased Armour and Evasion
+(10-20)% to all Elemental Resistances
+30% Chance to Block Spell Damage while on Low Life
+(3-6)% Chance to Block
+20% Chance to Block Attack Damage if you have Blocked Spell Damage Recently
20% chance to Block Spell Damage if you have Blocked Attack Damage RecentlyBy tourney's end, Daresso bled and shivered.
Yet even accursed treachery failed to steal the champion's victory.
|Daresso's DefianceDaresso's Defiance|
Full DragonscaleQuality: +20%
Movement Speed: -3%Requires Level 63, 115 Str, 94 Dex(160-200)% increased Armour and Evasion
+(60-90) to maximum Life
(0.4-0.6)% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life
6% chance to Dodge Attack Hits
You lose all Endurance Charges when Hit
You gain an Endurance Charge on Kill
You gain Onslaught for 5 seconds per Endurance Charge when Hit
(60-100)% increased Onslaught Effect"When your back is against the wall,
And your opponent is bleeding you dry,
There is only one appropriate response:
Unbridled, overwhelming violence."
- Daresso, the Sword King
- Mark_GGG (September 23, 2016). "Skills used by Daresso". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved September 23, 2016.