Mana Cost: 4
Cast Time: 1.00 sec
Attack Speed: 160% of Base
Effectiveness of Added Damage: (95%-110%)Requires Level 28Channel to project an illusion which you steer. You gain stages while it moves, until it stops at a maximum total distance. Waves of area damage frequently pulse along its path, based on your attack speed. Stop channelling to teleport to the illusion, dealing a final wave of damage.Per 1% Quality:
0.5% increased Attack SpeedDeals (95-110)% of Base Attack Damage
50% of Physical Damage Converted to Lightning Damage
Final wave deals 75% of Damage per stage
Deals 150% more Damage while Channelling if Illusion has finished moving
Illusion moves at 130% of your Movement SpeedPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.Acquisition
Level: 28Purchase Costs
|Normal||1x Orb of Chance|
1x Scroll FragmentMiscellaneous
Item class: Active Skill Gems
Metadata ID: Metadata/Items/Gems/SkillGemChargedDash
Charged Dash is a channeled lightning melee skill. When channeling, it releases an image that moves to your cursor, which can be moved while channeling. When it reaches its maximum distance, it releases shockwaves that deal damage in a path the image has traveled. Releasing the channel will create shockwaves in that path and teleport you to where the image was.
Skill functions and interactions
- Unarmed: Charged Dash cannot be used while unarmed.
- Projection: The projection's movement can be steered as you are channeling.
- Steering: For PC the projection moves based on where your mouse is relative to your avatar. To do a 180 for example you will need to move the mouse behind your avatar. Trying to steer the projection while following it with your mouse will only lead to failure. In some cases the projection will have to be steered in order for the stages to not reach their maximum prematurely. Steering for console users should be easier. As the center point of on the joy pad is always calculated from the center of your avatar.
- Stages: Stages are incremented while the projection is moving and are capped at a maximum based off of Movement speed and Attack speed. A faster attack speed will increase the maximum amount of stages while a faster movement speed will lower the maximum. If the projection stops due to hitting impassable terrain or reaching the maximum possible distance away from the user it will not increment any more stages. For example, if you have 8 attacks a second and 120% movement speed your maximum amount of stages will be 4.4 but could reach up to 5 with proper steering. To get 5 with steering aim for a corner of the screen. The initial box around your avatar is a square not a circle. Meaning if you start off at an angle you will get more distance and possible more stages. All calculations seem to be made off the first box your projection leaves. So starting off at an angle with some steering to get more DMG. Alternatively if you had 20% movement speed instead the maximum would be 9 stages. It was stated that it might be possible to reach 15 separate stages per charge.
- Area of Effect: The skill's area of effect does not benefit from weapon range bonuses and only benefits from Area of Effect bonuses. Despite its animation, damage from the pulses will not overlap.
- Attack speed: While channeling you will release a pulse for half of your stages. If you reach a maximum at 4 stages it will pulse 2 times in the amount of time it takes you to reach max distance. If you reach your maximum at 8 stages it will pulse 4 times in the amount of time it takes you to reach max distance. The timing of pulses is based off the combination of your movement speed and attack speed. Movement speed determines the time it takes to reach max distance while Attack speed determines maximum amount of stages. Damage from releasing a fully charged channel will usually be higher. The damage per second is only slightly lower over all while channeling, but when your max stages are less than or equal to 2 this will change.
- Movement speed: Doesn't directly effect damage but rather indirectly allows for a faster cast time. This means you will be able to get more casts the faster you are; however this lowers the maximum amount of stages you can reach while channeling. This means it lowers the damage each cast can perform when maximum stages are reached. However; this should even out. As you will get more cast in. It is important to note based off max stages you can reach, which is based off movement speed and attack speed, will determine if pulses or a fully released charge will be more damage over all. It is generally better to have higher movement speed. Higher movement speeds when using this as a main skill also provides more safety. Despite being a movement skill, you don't count as moving. Meaning Arctic Armour will count as stationary the from start and clear end of the cast.
- Mana cost: The mana cost is based off of your attack speed, and movement speed. Faster attack speeds, and slower movement speeds increase the mana cost of Charged Dash. The math is "Mana Cost"*"Attack speed"*"Time to reach max Distance". So for example if the cost is 17 mana, you have 8 attacks a second, and your movement speed when you start the channel is 120%. It will take you 0.55 seconds to reach max distance and it will cost 74.8 mana (17*8*0.55=74.8). If you run out of mana mid cast, you teleport to however far your projection got, and you do damaged just like when you release the skill early.
- Dual wielding: Dual Wielding while using Charged Dash will cause the player to alternate weapons each attack/pulse.
Gem level progression
This item can be acquired through the following upgrade paths or vendor recipes:
|6||The FoxThe Fox6Level 20 Gem"Masters of wit, strength and cunning. To survive the harsh winters, you must be like the fox."|
- Ezomyte Proverb
|random level 20 gem||Automatic|
|3||Gemcutter's PromiseGemcutter's Promise3Superior Gem|
Quality: +20%"I swore to use my position to help the people. What good is power when it just accumulates on the already-powerful?" - Erasmus, Imperial Gemcutter
|random superior gem (Q20)||Automatic|
This item is given as a quest reward for the following quests:
|Sever the Right Hand|
This item can be bought at the listed NPC vendors, after completing the following quests:
|A Fixture of Fate|
|Sever the Right Hand|
|Fallen from Grace|
Related helmet enchantments
The following helmet enchantments affect Charged Dash.
|Enchantment Charged Dash Damage 1||66||25% increased Charged Dash Damage||helmet 75|
|Enchantment Charged Dash Damage 2||75||40% increased Charged Dash Damage||helmet 75|
|Enchantment Charged Dash Dodge When Finished Channelling 1||66||4% chance to Dodge Attack Hits if you have finished Channelling Charged Dash Recently||helmet 75|
|Enchantment Charged Dash Dodge When Finished Channelling 2||75||6% chance to Dodge Attack Hits if you have finished Channelling Charged Dash Recently||helmet 75|
|Enchantment Charged Dash Movement Speed 1||66||Charged Dash has 10% more Movement Speed||helmet 75|
|Enchantment Charged Dash Movement Speed 2||75||Charged Dash has 15% more Movement Speed||helmet 75|
|Enchantment Charged Dash Radius Final Explosion 1||66||Charged Dash has +4 to Radius of each Wave's last damage Area||helmet 75|
|Enchantment Charged Dash Radius Final Explosion 2||75||Charged Dash has +6 to Radius of each Wave's last damage Area||helmet 75|