Consider helping out the community effort of getting The Fall of Oriath content to the wiki. All edits are appreciated!
We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
A character is a player-controlled persona in the game with a unique name in the game world.
After logging into Path of Exile a character can be created though the character creation screen
A character can be created in different leagues. The game recommends to start in the current standard challenge league.
Once the league has been choose, a character class can be selected. The classes differ by starting location on the passive skill tree, the quest rewards they're given, by their base attributes and their general appearance and voice. They also each have different possible Ascendancy classes.
Players can freely choose the name of their character, however it has to be unique on the realm and it is not possible to use non-ascii letters or numbers in the name. The only special character allowed is the underscore.
There is also the option to create a PvP–only character.
By default only 24 characters can be created. After that existing characters have to be deleted in order to create new a one; however this limit can be extended by purchasing additional character slots from the Path of Exile Shop.
The stats found in the subsections can be found on every character, regardless of the character class.
- 1.75% of Mana Regenerated per second
- 20.0% of Energy Shield Recharged per second
- 53 to Evasion Rating
- Base Critical Strike Multiplier: 150
- 10% more Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
- 15% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding
- 20% more Attack Physical Damage while Dual Wielding
- 1% increased Movement Speed per 10 Rampage Stacks
- 2% increased Damage per 10 Rampage Stacks
- 3 Maximum Endurance Charges
- 3 Maximum Frenzy Charges
- 3 Maximum Power Charges
- 4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
- 4% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge
- 4% increased Cast Speed per Frenzy Charge
- 4% more Damage per Frenzy Charge
- 4% to all Elemental Resistances per Endurance Charge
- 40% increased Critical Strike Chance per Power Charge
- Can have up to 1000 Rampage Stacks
- Minions deal 2% increased Damage per 10 Rampage Stacks
- Minions gain 1% increased Movement Speed per 10 Rampage Stacks
- 20.0% of maximum Life per second to maximum Life Leech rate
- 20.0% of maximum Mana per second to maximum Mana Leech rate
- 75% to maximum Block Chance
- 75% to maximum Chaos Resistance
- 75% to maximum Cold Resistance
- 75% to maximum Fire Resistance
- 75% to maximum Lightning Resistance
- Can have up to 20 Corrupted Blood Rain Stacks
- Can have up to 20 Corrupted Blood Stacks
- Can have up to 5 Explosive Arrow Stacks
- Can have up to 75% Dodge Chance
- Can have up to 75% Spell Dodge Chance
- Can have up to 90% maximum Physical Damage Reduction
- Can set up to 3 traps
- Can set up to 5 remote mines
- Can summon up to 1 totem
- 15% less Shield Damage in PvP
The character level is used for a variety of purposes, most importantly character level will be a limiting factor for equipment.
Once a certain threshold is reached, the character will level up gaining one passive skill point and the following bonuses: