Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
Shift click to unstack.Acquisition
Level: 12Purchase Costs
|Normal||3x Orb of Alchemy|
1x Scroll FragmentMiscellaneous
Item class: Stackable Currency
Metadata ID: Metadata/Items/Currency/CurrencyRerollRare
Chaos Orbs are uncommon currency items that can be dropped by slain monsters, chests, and destructible containers. They also drop from Arcanist's Strongboxes.
They can be obtained by the following 'full rare set' vendor recipes:
|Result||Level of lowest-level item|
|1× Chaos Orb||60 to 74|
|2× Chaos Orb||60 to 74, all unidentified OR all 20% quality|
|3× Chaos Orb||60 to 74, all unidentified AND all 20% quality|
- A set of 1 Chaotic DispositionChaotic Disposition15x Chaos OrbLife isn't what you make of it, it's already been made for you. can be exchanged for five Chaos Orbs.
- A set of 5 Emperor's Luck1 can be exchanged for five Chaos Orbs.
- A set of 8 Rain of ChaosRain of Chaos8Chaos OrbFire filled the sky that night
Where the shards fell
All was destroyed
-Jozen Kasigi, retelling an urban legend of the Cataclysm can be exchanged for a Chaos Orb.
- A set of 7 Three Faces in the DarkThree Faces in the Dark73x Chaos OrbFor every threat you spy in the shadows, there are two others you don't. can be exchanged for three Chaos Orbs.
- A set of 8 The WrathThe Wrath810x Chaos Orb"Daughter of catastrophe, mother of pain. Amongst the filth of Wraeclast, she wanders, and her wrath follows." - Quintoon the Returned can be exchanged for ten Chaos Orbs.
1Not guaranteed (set grants 5 of any random currency)
Chaos Orbs are useful in crafting, as they reroll all modifiers (and the number of modifiers) on a rare item. This makes for unpredictable results, so getting a specific modifier is not easy. Using multiple Chaos Orbs on a piece of equipment in the hopes of getting at least a few good modifiers is called 'Chaos spamming'.
These orbs also play an important role in trading. They are the "silver standard" in the player-driven economy and are often used to buy low to mid tier items.