Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
Mana Cost: (6-10)
Cast Time: 1.00 sec
Damage Effectiveness: (55%-64%)
Projectile Speed: 3260Fires an arrow which deals chaos damage in an area on impact, and spreads caustic ground. Enemies standing on the caustic ground take chaos damage over time.Per 1% Quality:
0.5% increased Area of EffectDeals (55-64.4)% of Base Damage
Base duration is 2 seconds
Deals (7-1714.8) Base Chaos Damage per second
60% of Physical Damage Converted to Chaos Damage
Modifiers to Projectile Damage apply to this Skill's Damage Over Time effect
+(0-3) to radiusPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.Acquisition
Level: 5Purchase Costs
|Normal||1x Scroll of Wisdom|
1x Scroll FragmentMiscellaneous
Item class: Active Skill Gems
Metadata ID: Metadata/Items/Gems/SkillGemPoisonArrow
Caustic Arrow is a bow attack that fires an arrow dealing chaos damage and exploding in a caustic cloud. Enemies standing within it receive a debuff that deals chaos damage over time. The caustic cloud does not poison and is therefore not affected by poison-related modifiers.
Skill functions and interactions
- Caustic Arrow will explode either at the targeted location or on the first monster or obstacle it hits.
- Multiple projectiles: additional projectiles added will cause additional caustic clouds, but debuffs from multiple clouds do not stack.
- Piercing: piercing Caustic Arrow projectiles will cause additional clouds each time they hit and will receive the chaos damage bonus any time they impact an enemy.
- Projectile damage: passive nodes and gems (such as Slower Projectiles SupportSlower Projectiles SupportSupport, Projectile
Mana Multiplier: 140%Requires Level 31Supports projectile skills.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills deal 0.5% increased Projectile DamageSupported Skills have (30-49)% less Projectile Speed
Supported Skills deal (20-29)% more Projectile DamageThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket.) that increase projectile damage will increase both the damage on hit and the area of effect damage.
- Concentrated Effect: Concentrated Effect SupportConcentrated Effect SupportSupport, AoE
Mana Multiplier: 140%Requires Level 18Supports any skill with an area of effect, regardless of whether that skill deals damage.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills deal 0.5% increased Area DamageSupported Skills have 30% less Area of Effect
Supported Skills deal (35-54)% more Area DamageThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket. decreases the size of the AoE and increase its damage. However, due to the nature of the skill and the wording of its modifiers, the damage increase will not appear on the tooltip.
- Point Blank: Point Blank does not affect the caustic cloud damage, it only affects projectile attack damage.
- Iron Grip: The strength bonus from the Iron Grip keystone passive does not affect the caustic cloud damage because the cloud is not considered an attack nor is it based on physical damage. The increased projectile damage portion of the Iron Grip SupportIron Grip SupportProjectile, Support
Icon: iRequires Level 18Supports attack skills that fire projectiles, making the increase to physical melee damage from strength also increase their physical projectile damage.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills deal 0.5% increased Projectile DamageStrength's damage bonus applies to Projectile Attacks made with Supported Skills
Supported Skills deal (0-38)% increased Projectile DamageThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket. will increase the cloud damage, but the strength bonus the support gem shares with the keystone will not apply.
- Accuracy: The projectile attack is subject to accuracy and can miss. However, the explosion will create a caustic cloud and do damage regardless of whether the projectile attack hit or missed. Piercing Caustic Arrow will not create additional clouds if missed.
- Duration: modifiers to duration will affect the duration of the caustic cloud.
- Culling strike: The increased damage from Culling Strike SupportCulling Strike SupportSupport
Mana Multiplier: 110%Requires Level 18Supports any skill that hits enemies. If enemies are left below 10% of maximum life after being hit by these skills, they will be killed.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills have 0.5% increased Attack Speed
Supported Skills have 0.5% increased Cast SpeedKill Enemies that have 10% Life or lower when Hit by Supported Skills
Supported Skills deal (0-38)% increased DamageThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket. applies to cloud damage, but the cloud does not kill enemies instantly when they have less than 10% life.
- Curses: Projectile WeaknessProjectile WeaknessSpell, AoE, Duration, Curse
Mana Cost: (24-50)
Cast Time: 0.50 secRequires Level 24Curses all targets in an area, making them easier to pierce and to knock back, and increasing the damage they take from projectiles.Per 1% Quality:
Cursed enemies take 0.5% increased Damage from Projectile HitsBase duration is (9-10.9) seconds
Projectiles Pierce Cursed Enemies
Hits on Cursed Enemies have an additional 25% chance to Knockback
Cursed enemies take (25-44)% increased Damage from Projectile Hits
+(0-10) to radiusPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket. requires the target to be hit. The caustic cloud won't be affected by it. DespairDespairSpell, AoE, Duration, Curse, Chaos
Mana Cost: (24-50)
Cast Time: 0.50 secRequires Level 24Curse all targets in an area, making them less resistant to chaos damage and causing them to take increased damage over time. Cursed enemies also take additional chaos damage when hit.Per 1% Quality:
Cursed enemies take 0.5% increased Damage from Damage Over Time effectsBase duration is (9-10.9) seconds
Cursed enemies have -(20-29)% to Chaos Resistance
Cursed enemies take (15-25)% increased Damage from Damage Over Time effects
Adds (9-46) to (12-57) Chaos Damage to Hits against Cursed Enemies
+(0-10) to radiusPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket. does affect the cloud.
Gem level progression
This item is given as quest reward for the following quests:
|Enemy at the Gate|
This item can be bought at the listed npc vendors after completing the following quests:
|Enemy at the Gate|
|A Fixture of Fate|
|Fallen from Grace|
Related helmet enchantments
The following helmet enchantments affect Caustic Arrow.
|EnchantmentCausticArrowDamage1||66||25% increased Caustic Arrow Damage|
|EnchantmentCausticArrowDamage2||75||40% increased Caustic Arrow Damage|
|EnchantmentCausticArrowDuration1||66||20% increased Caustic Arrow Duration|
|EnchantmentCausticArrowDuration2||75||30% increased Caustic Arrow Duration|
|EnchantmentCausticArrowRadius1||66||8% increased Caustic Arrow Area of Effect|
|EnchantmentCausticArrowRadius2||75||12% increased Caustic Arrow Area of Effect|
|EnchantmentCausticArrowWitherOnHit1||66||Caustic Arrow has 14% chance to inflict Withered on Hit for 2 seconds base Duration|
|EnchantmentCausticArrowWitherOnHit2||75||Caustic Arrow has 20% chance to inflict Withered on Hit for 2 seconds base Duration|
The list below shows microtransactions for Caustic Arrow.
|Celestial Caustic Arrow|
Celestial Caustic ArrowCaustic Arrow SkinYour Caustic Arrow becomes a Celestial Effect.
|Your Caustic Arrow becomes a Celestial Effect.|
|Tentacle Caustic Arrow Effect|
Tentacle Caustic Arrow EffectCaustic Arrow Skin
Stack Size: 20Your Caustic Arrow becomes an area of ethereal purple tentacles.
|Your Caustic Arrow becomes an area of ethereal purple tentacles.|
- Daniel_GGG (3 December 2013 14:05). "Bug: Poison Arrow Skill not working with Concentrated Effect Support Gem". Path of Exile Forum. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- Daniel_GGG (January 5, 2014 12:10). "Point blank and poison arrow". Path of Exile Forum. Retrieved May 13, 2014.
- Mark_GGG (August, 2016). "Verify confused about projectile weakness double dipping with poison.". Path of Exile subreddit. Retrieved December 16, 2016.