A solution to the Semantic Mediawiki (SMW) problem been found and SMW has been reenabled. SMW is currently rebuilding properties on various pages, until that is done expect to see further "not found" issues or incomplete item lists. Work on porting SMW templates to Cargo continues on as well, potentially causing temporary disruption to pages.
Mana Cost: (11 to 46)
Can store 3 use(s)
Cooldown Time: 3.00 sec
Cast Time: 1.00 sec
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Damage Effectiveness: 200%Requires Level 4Throws a trap that damages and immobilises a single enemy.Per 1% Quality:
1% increased Physical DamageThrows a Trap which uses this Skill when Triggered
Trap lasts 16 seconds
Deals (16-1447) to (22-2026) Physical Damage
Locks enemy in placePlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.Acquisition
Level: 5Purchase Costs
|Normal||1x Scroll of Wisdom|
1x Scroll Fragment
Skill functions and interactions
- Secondary damage: Bear Traps deals secondary damage. It doesn't benefit from modifiers to spells and attacks, and therefore cannot be blocked/spell blocked or dodged/spell dodged.
- Duration: The base duration of the immobilization effect is 150ms per % of enemy max life dealt as damage, to a maximum of 1/3 of max life. Modifiers to skill duration alter both the lifetime of the trap and the duration of the immobilization. This immobilization is not considered a stun, and will not interact with modifiers that affect stuns.
Gem level progression
Lua error in Module:Skill at line 630: No gem level progression data found.
Quest rewardThis skill is given as quest reward for the following quests:
|Breaking Some Eggs|
Vendor rewardThis skill can be bought at the listed npc vendors after completing the following quests:
|Breaking Some Eggs|
|A Fixture of Fate|
|Fallen from Grace|
There are unique items that grant the Bear Trap skill:
- Jaws of AgonyJaws of Agony
Supreme Spiked ShieldQuality: +20%
Chance to Block: 24%
Energy Shield: 56Requires Level 70, 85 Dex, 85 Int3% reduced Movement Speed (Hidden)
4% chance to Dodge Spell Damage(18-28)% increased Trap Damage
(15-25)% increased Physical Damage
+(60-80) to maximum Life
-(18-14) Physical Damage taken from Attacks
25% chance to gain a Power Charge on Throwing a Trap
Grants Level 20 Bear Trap SkillOne wrong step triggers destruction.
Agony slowly dominates the will to live.
Related helmet enchantments
The following helmet enchantments affect Bear Trap
|EnchantmentBearTrapCooldownSpeed1||66||20% increased Bear Trap Cooldown Recovery Speed|
|EnchantmentBearTrapCooldownSpeed2||75||30% increased Bear Trap Cooldown Recovery Speed|
|EnchantmentBearTrapDamage1||66||25% increased Bear Trap Damage|
|EnchantmentBearTrapDamage2||75||40% increased Bear Trap Damage|
- Daniel_GGG (June 11, 2014). "perpetus beartrap question". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved February 10, 2016.
- Mark_GGG (April 30, 2013). "<<*Bear Trap*>>". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved April 30, 2013.
- Mark_GGG (July 19, 2016). "Mechanical Questions Thread". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved July 19, 2016.
- Mark_GGG (May 23, 2013). "beartrap question". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved August 18, 2014.