Baran, the Crusader
|Baran, the Crusader|
|Quest(s)|| Picking Up the Pieces|
Chasing a Dream
|Resistance(s)||50% Cold Resistance|
50% Fire Resistance
50% Lightning Resistance
30% Chaos Resistance
"Triggered Delayed Blast"
Baran, the Crusader is one of the Elderslayers / Conquerors of the Atlas. He serves as one of the end-game bosses of the Atlas.
Baran's arena is segmented into 4x4 squares, which are used for his Manarune attack.
- Default melee attack
- Fires three bolts of lightning that hit in a small area, then explode. Damage is dealt both when first fired and on explosion. These bolts can overlap, and are extremely deadly to most builds.
- Fires multiple lightning bolts in a scattered pattern. Same as the previous attack, but must less deadly since they are much less likely to overlap.
- Briefly charges up and slams his sceptre in front of him, dealing massive physical damage. The sceptre releases lightning projectiles in a spread pattern.
- Manarunes: After a very lengthy charge up, Baran creates Manarunes in your current location in a cross pattern. They will be placed in squares of his arena. They last a long time before disappearing, and at higher levels Baran can have more than one cross pattern of Manarunes active. Manarunes deal damage over time and degenerate mana. When stepped on, they will also detonate after a delay to deal lightning damage and shock the player.
Upon rebuilding a map device, Kirac would ask the player character to search Baran in Maps ( Chasing a Dream quest). The player character found Zana instead in an abandoned Citadel of a Map. Then the player character found Baran in the corner regions of the Atlas in The Crusader quest.
The player character encountered Baran several times but in the first few, Baran escaped. In the final fight the player beat Baran and ending the quest. (Baran can be re-spawned even after the quest as well as after the last Conqueror fight as re-playable content (the last Conqueror can be re-spawned as well), but not well explained in the lore)
Upon defeating Baran in highest difficulty, he spoke:
Kirac...sent you? You must keep him out of the Atlas...I cannot be saved...he will find only his own doom, endlessly pursuing my rescue...he will end up...like me...
Tell Zana...she was right...to seal us away...Sirus must never...be...
Baran's journals are clickable lore items dropped each time you defeat Baran.
- Awakened Support Skill Gems (shared with other Conquerors)
- The Black CaneThe Black Cane
Physical Damage: 40.8–96
Critical Strike Chance: 6.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.20
Weapon Range: 11Requires Level 50, 86 Str, 86 Int24% increased Elemental Damage+(20-30) to Intelligence
(8-15)% increased Cast Speed
(40-60)% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
Minions deal (40-60)% increased Damage
Each Summoned Phantasm grants you Phantasmal MightLead the army of the damned from the front. (shared with other Conquerors)
- Eye of MaliceEye of Malice
Callous MaskQuality: +20%
Energy Shield: (124-148)Requires Level 45, 51 Dex, 51 Int(400-500)% increased Evasion and Energy Shield
+(20-40)% to Fire Resistance
+(20-40)% to Cold Resistance
25% chance to inflict Cold Exposure on Hit
25% chance to inflict Fire Exposure on Hit
Nearby Enemies have 50% increased Fire and Cold ResistancesThrough vision coloured by burning rage and icy hatepeers a visitor from a realm of ill intent... (shared with other Conquerors)
Shagreen GlovesQuality: +20%
Evasion: (318-424)Requires Level 54, 78 DexAdds (16-19) to (25-29) Fire Damage
Adds (16-19) to (25-29) Cold Damage
Adds (6-10) to (33-38) Lightning Damage
(60-120)% increased Evasion Rating
Critical Strikes do not inherently apply non-Damaging Ailments
Inflict non-Damaging Ailments as though dealing (100-200)% more DamageLay bare paths to pain you never knew you had. (shared with other Conquerors)
Lacquered BucklerQuality: +20%
Chance to Block: 24%
Movement Speed: -3%Requires Level 60, 159 Dex6% increased Movement Speed(120-150)% increased Evasion Rating
10% increased Movement Speed
+(10-20)% to Fire and Cold Resistances
+(8-15)% chance to Avoid Elemental Damage from Hits while Phasing
You are at Maximum Chance to Block Attack Damage if you have not Blocked Recently
You have Phasing if you have Blocked RecentlyLight as a board,
Stiff as a feather. (shared with other Conquerors)
- Leash of OblationLeash of Oblation
Leather BeltRequires Level 49+(25-40) to maximum Life+(15-20) to all Attributes
+(50-70) to maximum Life
25% reduced effect of Offerings
You can have an Offering of each type
Offering Skills have 50% reduced DurationThose who offer up sacrifices to every deity entreat the full favour of none. (shared with other Conquerors)
- The Ivory TowerThe Ivory Tower
Saint's HauberkQuality: +20%
Energy Shield: 87
Movement Speed: -5%Requires Level 67, 109 Str, 94 Int+(40-70) to Intelligence
+30 to maximum Energy Shield per 100 Reserved Life
+(80-100) to maximum Mana
Regenerate 2% of Energy Shield per second
Chaos Damage is taken from Mana before LifeThe mind is a filter through which anarchy becomes order. (shared with other Conquerors)
- Crimson WatchstoneCrimson WatchstoneThe memories and emotions of countless victims of
the Elder, locked in stone for eternity.
- Crusader's Exalted OrbCrusader's Exalted OrbStack Size: 10Adds Crusader influence and a new Crusader modifier to a rare itemRight click this item then left click a high-level rare item with no influence to apply it. Rare items can have up to six random modifiers. The item's Catalyst quality increases the chance of applying a modifier which matches the quality type. Removes 20% Quality applied by Catalysts on use.
Shift click to unstack.
Maps under his influence have a chance to drop items that are influenced by him. (Prefix: Crusader's; Suffix: of Crusade)
- Al-Hezmin, the Hunter, another Conqueror of the Atlas
- Drox, the Warlord, another Conqueror of the Atlas
- Veritania, the Redeemer, another Conqueror of the Atlas