Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Arcane Surge Support
Mana Multiplier: 130%Each supported spell will track how much mana you spend on it, granting a buff when the total mana spent reaches a threshold. Cannot support skills used by totems, traps, or mines.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills deal 0.5% increased Spell DamageArcane Surge grants (10-20)% more Spell Damage
Arcane Surge grants (10-19)% increased Cast Speed
Arcane Surge grants (0.5-1)% of maximum Mana Regenerated per second
Arcane Surge lasts 4 seconds
Gain Arcane Surge after Spending a total of (15-400) Mana with Supported Skills
Supported Skills deal (10-19)% more Spell Damage while you have Arcane SurgeThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket.Acquisition
Level: 5Purchase Costs
|Normal||1x Scroll of Wisdom|
1x Scroll FragmentMiscellaneous
Item class: Support Skill Gems
Metadata ID: Metadata/Items/Gems/SupportGemArcaneSurge
Skill functions and interactions
- Interaction with Totem, Trap, & Mine Skills: Spending mana by placing a totem, trap, or mine will not go towards gaining the Arcane Surge buff. Totems, traps, and mines that cast the skill also do not go towards gaining the buff.
- Duration: Increases and reductions to duration will apply to the duration of the buff. Additionally, it adds a duration component to the linked skill, which makes it supportable by support gems like Less Duration SupportLess Duration SupportSupport, Duration
Mana Multiplier: 120%Requires Level 31Supports any skill that has a duration.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills have 0.5% reduced Skill Effect DurationSupported Skills have (40-49)% less Skill Effect Duration
Supported Skills deal (10-19)% more DamageThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket. and Swift Affliction SupportSwift Affliction SupportSupport, Duration
Mana Multiplier: 125%Requires Level 31Supports any skill that has a duration, or can hit enemies to inflict ailments on them.Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills deal 0.5% increased Damage over TimeSupported Skills deal (25-44)% more Damage over Time
15% reduced Duration of Supported Skills and Damaging Ailments they inflictThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket. (which apply their damage bonus), even if the active skill gem does not otherwise have a duration of its own.
- Eldritch Battery and Blood Magic: The buff will only activate if mana is spent. Spending Energy Shield or Life for the supported skill will not activate the buff.
- Elreon's Signature Mod: If used with a skill such that the total mana cost of the skill is zero or less, it will not count as spending mana towards the Arcane Surge, and will never activate it.
- When equipped on several skills, the Arcane Surge buff you'll get will have the values of the skill that triggered it. However, the "more spell damage" added in 3.6.0 will be the one attached to each skill you use.
Gem level progression
|Mana to Gain|
This item is given as quest reward for the following quests:
This item can be bought at the listed npc vendors after completing the following quests:
|Enemy at the Gate|
|A Fixture of Fate|
|Fallen from Grace|