From Path of Exile Wiki
8 May 2014
29 May 2014
4 June 2014
Content and Features
- Added a new Intelligence skill - Flame SurgeFlame SurgeSpell, AoE, Fire
Mana Cost: (5 to 15)
Cast Time: 0.50 sec
Critical Strike Chance: 6.00%Requires Level 12Strikes enemies in front of you with a surge of flame. Burning enemies are dealt more damage.Per 1% Quality:
0.5% increased Cast SpeedDeals (21-514) to (31-771) Fire Damage
50% more Damage against Burning enemies
Cannot IgnitePlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.: Strikes enemies in front of you with a surge of flame. Burning enemies are dealt more damage.
- Added a new corrupted Skill Gem - Vaal FlameblastVaal FlameblastVaal, Spell, AoE, Fire
Souls per use: 16 (N) / 24 (C) / 32 (M)
Can store 1 use(s)
Cast Time: 1.00 sec
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Damage Effectiveness: 60%Requires Level 28Targets an area and builds up a large explosion. The build-up speed is based on cast speed. The explosion occurs after it reaches 10 stacks.Per 1% Quality:
1% increased DamageDeals (39-260) to (58-390) Fire Damage
110% more Spell Damage for each stage
CorruptedPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.: Targets an area and builds up a large explosion. The build-up speed is based on cast speed. The explosion occurs after it reaches 10 stacks.
- Added a new corrupted Skill Gem - Vaal GraceVaal GraceAura, Vaal, Spell, AoE, Duration
Souls per use: 24 (N) / 36 (C) / 48 (M)
Can store 1 use(s)
Cast Time: 0.60 secRequires Level 24Casts a temporary aura that grants you and your allies the ability to dodge attacks and spells.Per 1% Quality:
1% increased Area of Effect(24-34)% Chance to Dodge Attacks
(24-34)% Chance to Dodge Spell Damage
Base duration is 6 seconds
(0-40)% increased Area of Effect
CorruptedPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.: Casts a temporary aura that grants you and your allies the ability to dodge attacks and spells.
- Added a new corrupted Skill Gem - Vaal ClarityVaal ClarityAura, Vaal, Spell, AoE, Duration
Souls per use: 16 (N) / 24 (C) / 32 (M)
Can store 1 use(s)
Cast Time: 0.60 secRequires Level 10Casts a temporary aura that lets you and your allies cast skills without paying their mana costs.Per 1% Quality:
1% increased Area of EffectBase duration is (8-9.9) seconds
Your and nearby allies' Skills Cost no Mana
(0-40)% increased Area of Effect
CorruptedPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.: Casts a temporary aura that lets you and your allies cast skills without paying their mana costs.
- Flame Surge is a quest reward for the Witch, Templar and Shadow from the quest "Intruders in Black" in Normal.
- Added three new cosmetic microtransactions: Tentacle Wings Back Attachment, Soul Nexus Clarity Effect and Bandana Helmet Skin.
- Added five new unique items, four of which are designed by our supporters. One of the uniques is a unique map.
- Added two new achievements: Virtue Corruption and Dream Enrichment.
- Added one new vendor recipe involving common Vaal items.
- Added 3D art for the following items: Chernobog's PillarChernobog's Pillar
Ebony Tower ShieldQuality: +20%
Chance to Block: 25%
Armour: (859 to 966)Requires Level 61, 159 Str3% reduced Movement Speed (Hidden)(120-150)% increased Armour
+(60-80) to maximum Life
+(35-50)% to Fire Resistance
25% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage
25% chance to Curse non-Cursed Enemies with Enfeeble on Hit
Adds (12-15)-(30-35) Fire Damage to Spells and AttacksFire dances with those who doubt
Licks the skin and flesh from the fearful
Where there is no fear
There is no flame, FencoilFencoil
Physical Damage: 9.6–20.4
Critical Strike Chance: 6.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.30
Weapon Range: 11Requires Level 4, 12 Str, 12 Int18% Chance to BlockSocketed Gems are Supported by level 8 Trap
(40-50)% increased Damage
(10-20)% increased maximum Life
(10-20)% increased maximum ManaYou've no reason for fear when you're a root in a fen
- Old Ezomyte saying., Shavronne's WrappingsShavronne's Wrappings
Occultist's VestmentQuality: +20%
Energy Shield: (364 to 448)Requires Level 62, 180 Int3% reduced Movement Speed (Hidden)
(3-10)% increased Spell Damage(140-200)% increased Energy Shield
10% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge
+(30-40)% to Lightning Resistance
Reflects 1 to 250 Lightning Damage to Melee Attackers
Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy ShieldShavronne's apparel became ever more extravagant
as her body and soul became ever more corrupted. and SkullheadSkullhead
Secutor HelmQuality: +20%
Armour: (153 to 170)
Evasion: (153 to 170)Requires Level 36, 42 Str, 42 Dex(60-80)% increased Armour and Evasion
+(50-70) to maximum Life
+(50-70) to maximum Mana
+(10-20)% to all Elemental Resistances
Minions have 10% Chance to Block
Minions have +(300-350) to Armour
Minions Regenerate 2% Life per secondAll that was left of the Iron King was his bleached skull.
Yet it was all the Iron King needed..
- We have added armour and weapon racks to the Barracks area. These chests drop only armour or only weapons respectively.
- We changed the way longer audio files are loaded and played to reduce load times and memory use.
- We have added race rewards and the functionality required for Race Season Eight.
- Updated and improved several audio elements of the game.
Vaal Side Areas from Fragments
- To provide both the ability to run Vaal areas at will without re-spawning areas, and to use additional Fragments that players have accumulated, a new feature has been added to the map device.
- We have added the ability to spawn Vaal areas in The Eternal Laboratory using Vaal Fragments. If you use one Fragment, a Vaal side area will created as a map. If you use all four fragments, they must be in the correct arrangement for creating Atziri's area.
- We have made changes to how degeneration in map mods is handled. This change was made as the Suffering mod inhibited hybrid life/ES builds from being played. This is a style of defence we would like to see used as an option, however this one map mod was very punitive to this style of play. * * This map mod also overstressed the requirement for a base amount of life regeneration, which is not equally available to all classes.
- We removed the Suffering map mod and replaced it with two other mods filling the same role, "of Venom" and "of Desecration". The replacement mods keep the chaos damage over time flavour, but are not an always-on effect.
- "of Venom" has been added as a map mod, which gives all the monsters on the map Poison on Hit.
- "of Desecration" has been added as a map mod, which gives the map patches of Desecrated ground.
Dual Wielding Changes
- We have made changes to dual wielding to improve it. Dual wielding was weaker than the alternatives of using a shield or a two-handed weapon (which received improvements as part of 1.1.0). We want dual wielding builds to be as viable as other build types.
- Players now receive a +20% physical damage multiplier while dual wielding.
- We have reduced the damage of Dual Strike by 10%, but it's still higher than it was before because of the new dual wielding bonus. This particular skill was already very strong, and it benefited too greatly from the dual wielding buff. This change will make more skills viable to use while dual wielding, especially earlier in the game, and reward high physical damage one-handed weapons.
- A bug in monster dual wielding was also fixed. Their off hand weapon was doing no damage.
- In reaction to the off-hand damage of monsters being fixed, we have reduced the damage of most dual wielding monsters by 20%, and a further 10% less damage with Dual Strike.
Descent: Champions Changes
- Descent: Champions is the signature race of Season Eight. It will be run as 40 minute races. We have made several changes to Descent: Champions to make the race more suitable for this purpose:
- We removed many dead ends, and increased the linear nature of The Entrance Hall, The Chattering Halls, The Croaking Halls and The Rasping Halls.
- We moved the entrance to The Freezing Chamber to be more central in The Rasping Halls.
- We moved the entrance to The Obelisks of Faith to be more central in The Haunted Dungeon.
- We moved the entrance to The Chamber of Greed to be more central in The Burning Cave.
- Added a new Unique Claw (Scar of Fate) to one of the starting chests.
- Added a new Unique One Hand Sword (Blood of Summer) to both of the starting chests.
- Buffed Tear of Entropy (Unique Helmet), Relic of the Cycle (Unique Bow) and Remnant of Empires (Unique Shield).
- The Templar now receives the Flameblast Skill Gem.
- The Shadow now receives the Glacial Cascade Skill Gem.
- The Templar no longer receives the Summon Skeletons Skill Gem.
- The Templar's Lightning Strike skill gem has been moved to the opposing area's chest.
- The Marauder and Duelist now receive Molten Strike in the provisions chest.
- We have increased the rewards from Olmec's SanctumOlmec's Sanctum
Catacombs MapMap Level: 74
Map Tier: 7
Item Quantity: (+120% to +200%)(40-50)% more Monster Life
(30-40)% increased Monster Damage
Final Boss drops higher Level ItemsThey flew, and leapt, and clambered over,
They crawled, and swam, and slithered under.
Still its ancient secrets await unclaimed
And of this hidden temple, only legends remain.Travel to this Map by using it in the Eternal Laboratory or a personal Map Device. Maps can only be used once. and Acton's NightmareActon's Nightmare
Overgrown Shrine MapMap Level: 76
Map Tier: 9
Item Quantity: (+80% to +100%)
Item Rarity: (+220% to +250%)Area has patches of burning ground
20 patches with Ground Effect per 100 tiles (Hidden)
Ground Effect has a radius of 14 (Hidden)
Area is inhabited by Skeletons
Undead Monsters resurrect after 10 seconds (Hidden)
Area is a large Maze
Area contains a Large ChestCurious, she shook it then,
And tiny screams emerged.
Curiouser, she shook again,
And an eerie silence purred.Travel to this Map by using it in the Eternal Laboratory or a personal Map Device. Maps can only be used once., to help bring them in line with the rewards gained from other unique maps.
- We have reduced the movement penalty that armour types have as follows:
- Tower Shields now have a 3% movement speed penalty (the same as other shields) instead of 6%.
- Body Armour now has a 3% movement penalty, with Strength or Strength/Intelligence armour having a 5% penalty, instead of 4% and 8% respectively.
- Plate Vest only has a 3% movement speed penalty, rather than the 5% that other Strength armour has.
- Fixed a bug where areas with corrupted secret areas inside them would take noticeably longer to load.
- Fixed a bug where exploding strongboxes would not have a delay before they exploded.
- Fixed map bonus from fragments on The Alluring Abyss area to be consistent with the Fragment bonuses on The Apex of Sacrifice area.
- Fixed a bug where some skills could move monsters or players to inside terrain.
- Fixed a bug where spiralling projectiles could go into the ground or into the sky arbitrarily.
- Fixed some common cases where Strongboxes could block progress.
- Fixed a bug where character audio looped in character creation.
- Fixed a bug where the Anarchic prefix did not always spawn an Exile in low-level side areas.
- Fixed a bug where creating a new character on an account with no characters would not have a default league.
- Fixed a bug where the zombie on the opening beach could show model segments during his bite animation.
- Fixed an issue where corrupting some unique quivers could remove the level requirement.
- Fixed some issues with the Eternal Weapon Effect for some weapon types.
- Fixed some issues with Witch weapon animations.
- Chris (May 29, 2014). "1.1.4 Patch Notes". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved May 29, 2014.