A unique item is an item with a specific name, unique artwork, and a set list of modifiers. Unique items have the same basic statistics as a normal item of the same type. It is Grinding Gear Games' intention that each base item has at least one corresponding unique item.
Unique items are meant to be less powerful overall than high-level rare items, but offer unique gameplay and allow special character builds to be based around them.
As of version 2.1.1 there's a total of 493 unique items, of which 148 were created by player supporters and 104 have variations with alternate artwork. For a timeline when each unique item was added see: Timeline of unique items
The official forum has also a good collection of information about uniques, links at the bottom.
Unique item types
Obtaining a unique item
- World drops. Unique items can be found as random drops just the same as any other item. Normal monsters drop items with an item level equal to the monster level, magic monsters drop items with item level at monster level +1, rare/unique monsters drop items with item level at monster level +2.
- For example: If a unique item has a base level of 50 that means it can be dropped by normal/magic/rare/unique monsters in level 50+ zones, dropped by magic/rare/unique monsters in level 49 zones, and dropped by Rare/Unique monsters in level 48 zones.
- The actual drop rates of unique items are unpublished and can change. The only official public comment regarding drop rates was:
Chris — "[We have] stratified the drop rates of Unique items so that some of them are more common (especially build-enabling ones), and powerful ones are still extremely rare. The drop rates of unique items are no longer proportional to their item type. A common unique ring is now as likely to drop as a common Unique weapon."
- Orb of Chance. There is a very small chance of upgrading a normal item into a unique of the same base type when using an Orb of Chance. For example if you want the AndvariusAndvarius
Gold RingRequires Level 20(6-15)% increased Rarity of Items found+10 to Dexterity
(50-70)% increased Rarity of Items found
-20% to all Elemental ResistancesDanger is the price of wealth. unique ring then you should use an Orb of Chance on a Gold RingGold RingDrop Level: 20
Requires Level 20(6-15)% increased Rarity of Items found of normal rarity. Certain uniques are league-specific and will require being on a map with mods from Zana's map device for this method to work.
- Vaal Orb. Certain jewels (click here for a list) and some equipment (like Blood of CorruptionBlood of Corruption
Amber AmuletRequires Level 20+(20-30) to StrengthGrants level 10 Gluttony of Elements Skill
Adds 19 to 43 Chaos Damage to Attacks
(-10--5)% to all Elemental Resistances
+(17-29)% to Chaos ResistanceIn my dream, a voice spoke to me. It said:
'My reach knows no bounds.
All that is pure is destined to rot.
All that lives is destined to serve.'
- Doryani, Queen's Thaumaturgist) can only be created by corrupting another item. The original item will be lost in the process.
- Vendor recipes. Some unique items can only be produced by using a certain vendor recipe. Orb of Chance does not work, and they can't be dropped. The item level of the produced unique will be equal to the lowest ilvl of the components of the recipe. See here for a list of such items.
- Divination cards. Sets of divination cards may have a unique item as their reward. These can be drop-restricted items that are otherwise not available.
- Master vendor. Sometimes, a level 8 master will sell a unique item in his/her shop for a relatively low price. This will usually be a common unique item, but it may be rare as well. Cloak of Tawm'r IsleyCloak of Tawm'r Isley
Savant's RobeEnergy Shield: (409 to 468)Requires Level 56, 152 Int3% reduced Movement Speed (Hidden)(250-300)% increased Energy Shield
Minions cannot be Blinded
Minions have 15% chance to Blind Enemies on hit
Socketed Minion Gems are Supported by Level 16 Life Leech
Found Magic Items drop IdentifiedRenowned by those distinguished,
Exalted by the few.
He skulks in darkness,
and watches from beneath the city. can only be obtained from a master.
- Event prizes. Occasionally, unique items are offered as top tier prizes in special event competitions. Please note that not all events offer unique items as prizes.
These are all currently known vendor recipes pertaining to unique items.
| 1x Hyrri's BiteHyrri's Bite
Sharktooth Arrow QuiverRequires Level 10+(3-4) Life gained for each Enemy hit by your Attacks+(15-25) to Strength
+(35-45) to Dexterity
+(15-25) to Intelligence
(7-10)% increased Attack Speed
+(2-3) Life gained for each Enemy hit by your Attacks
10% increased Radius of Area SkillsA Karui woman's place was not the
battlefield, but the hearth.
Hyrri changed all of that.
| 1x KingmakerKingmaker
Despot AxeTwo Hand Axes
Physical Damage: (228 to 266)–(309 to 360.5)
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Attacks per Second: (1.39 to 1.46)Requires Level 66, 140 Str, 86 Dex(200-250)% increased Physical Damage
(7-12)% increased Attack Speed
+(100-150) to maximum Mana
Nearby Allies have 30% increased Item Rarity
Nearby Allies' spells have Culling StrikeA King and his people are linked together
like a soul and a beating heart.
Both can be severed by a same edge,
then forged anew.
| 5x Orb of ChanceOrb of ChanceStack Size: 20Drop Level: 2Upgrades a normal item to a random rarityRight click this item then left click a normal item to apply it.
Shift click to unstack.
|All four items need to have the same base type.|
|1x Star of WraeclastStar of Wraeclast
Ruby AmuletDROP DISABLED
Requires Level 28+(20-30)% to Fire Resistance(30-50)% increased Cold Damage
+(10-15)% to all Elemental Resistances
30% increased Radius of Curse Skills
You cannot be Cursed with Silence
Grants level 20 Illusory Warp Skill
Corrupted"I offer to you an eternal oath
that binds your heart to mine;
a bond that not even death will break.
Will you accept?"
- Daresso, to his beloved
||The Taiwanese (Garena) realm has its own recipe:
| 1x The Goddess ScornedThe Goddess Scorned
Elegant SwordOne Hand Swords
Physical Damage: (59.5 to 68)–(94.5 to 108)
Critical Strike Chance: (9.50% to 10.50%)
Attacks per Second: 1.50Requires Level 28, 46 Str, 55 Dex18% increased Accuracy RatingUses both hand slots
(250-300)% increased Physical Damage
(90-110)% increased Critical Strike Chance
+(20-30)% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+(40-50)% to Fire Resistance
Cannot be Ignited
100% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage
Ignited Enemies Burn 50% faster
You can only deal Damage with this Weapon and IgniteHer purpose seems done; the oath is fulfilled.
Rust dulls her smirk with the last demon killed.
The embers grow dim and yet hope burns her lips:
"An old flame renewed can define our eclipse!"
||The sockets of The Goddess Bound and the Elegant Sword must also match exactly in number, color, and links.|
| 1x The Goddess UnleashedThe Goddess Unleashed
Eternal SwordOne Hand Swords
Physical Damage: (35 to 38)–(85 to 118)
Critical Strike Chance: (7.20% to 8.30%)
Attacks per Second: 1.50Requires Level 66, 104 Str, 122 Dex18% increased Accuracy RatingUses both hand slots
Adds (3-6) to (33-66) Physical Damage
(44-66)% increased Critical Strike Chance
33% increased Ignite Duration on Enemies
(66-99)% of Sword Physical Damage Added as Fire Damage
Gain Her Blessing for 3 seconds when you Ignite an Enemy
33% chance to Blind nearby Enemies when gaining Her Blessing
Cannot be Frozen, Chilled or Ignited with Her Blessing
20% increased Attack and Movement Speed with Her BlessingAs a maiden I was bound; as a crone was I scorned
Promised power rarely found, delivered fury fairly thorned.
Not enough?...Fine. Now I am become both and another
To take your hand and cradle your talents, not smother
The consummate flames. So hush, dear, say not a word.
Bequeathed, betrayed...beloved. At last, I am the third.
||The sockets of the one-handed swords must be identical and must align to form the sockets of the Exquisite Blade. The skill gems must each have gem level plus quality equal to 33. The resulting weapon is always six-linked, despite being a one-handed weapon - but use both hands slots as two-handed.|
|1x The TamingThe Taming
Prismatic RingRequires Level 30+(8-10)% to all Elemental Resistances10% increased Damage per Freeze, Shock and Ignite on Enemy
15% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
+(10-15)% to all Elemental Resistances
15% increased Elemental Damage
5% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite"Moon after moon did Berek make fools
Of the great and Untamed Three
Until malice for a Brother
Slew the hatred of the Other
And Berek did hunt
Alone and free."
- Berek and the Untamed
||If each Berek's ring has alternate artwork, the resulting The Taming will also have alternate artwork.|
Custom uniques are unique items specially crafted by members of our very own Path of Exile Community. These members were awarded the chance to create their one-of-a-kind items as a special thanks from GGG for purchasing either a Diamond Supporter Package during the Closed Beta phase of Path of Exile, an Eternal Supporter Package during Open Beta or simply the Custom Unique option in the Microtransaction shop. Here before you is a list of all current in-game custom uniques and their creators. The amount of Diamond, Eternal and Custom Item packages sold is over 350 so you can expect this list to grow substantially in the future unless, of course, some people prefer to remain anonymous.
Unique equipment and passives
Possessing certain passive skills and equipping a Unique item which grants the same effect (whether in whole or in part) will not double their effects – i.e. they do not stack:
Like all items, unique items can have legacy variants. This means for some uniques there exist better versions that aren't dropping anymore. The main source of legacy items are nerfs that affect future item drops, but leave the already existing items as they were. The only way to get these legacy items is from players who had them before they were changed.
- A unique item, easily spotted by its orange text and orange banner, as well as a distinct sound affect and animation upon monster drop is one that always spawns with the same mods (sometimes with different values) on the same base item with the same requirements.
- Unique items may have their mod values rerolled using BlessedBlessed OrbStack Size: 20Drop Level: 35Randomises the numeric values of the implicit properties of an itemRight click this item then left click another item to apply it.
Shift click to unstack. or Divine OrbsDivine OrbStack Size: 10Drop Level: 35Randomises the numeric values of the random properties on an itemRight click this item then left click a magic, rare or unique item to apply it.
Shift click to unstack.. Some mods, however, have static values and cannot be changed (e.g. Voll's ProtectorVoll's Protector
Holy ChainmailArmour: 220
Energy Shield: 65Requires Level 35, 53 Str, 53 Int5% reduced Movement Speed (Hidden)60% increased Armour and Energy Shield
50% reduced maximum Mana
Gain a Power Charge for each Enemy you hit with a Critical StrikeAlthough a great leader during the war,
Voll proved disastrous in times of peace.).
- Mirrors of KalandraMirror of KalandraStack Size: 10Drop Level: 35Creates a mirrored copy of an itemRight click this item then left click an equipable non-unique item to apply it. Mirrored copies cannot be modified.
Shift click to unstack. and Orbs of ScouringOrb of ScouringStack Size: 30Drop Level: 12Removes all properties from an itemRight click this item then left click on a magic or rare item to apply it.
Shift click to unstack. cannot be used on unique items. The only way to degrade a unique is to use a Vaal OrbVaal OrbStack Size: 10Drop Level: 12Corrupts an item, modifying it unpredictablyRight click this item then left click an item to corrupt it. Corrupted items cannot be modified again.
Shift click to unstack. on it, which can turn it into a corrupted rare item.
- Demigod's PresenceDemigod's Presence
Gold AmuletDROP DISABLED
Requires Level 8(12-20)% increased Rarity of Items found+20% to all Elemental Resistances
20% increased Character SizeThe maidens of court swoon to see
the challengers crushed at your feet., a Closed Beta exclusive item, can no longer be obtained as an event reward.
- The item level of the unique affects how many sockets can appear on it. While the stats may be the same a unique with a high item level may have a higher selling price when trading with other players.
- All mods that include 'when on Low Life' are activated when Life drops below 35%. Mods that include 'when on Full Life' require the player to have 100% of their Life total.
- Socketed Gems are Supported by level X [gem] means they are supported by a Support Gem of level X. That gem (probably) has a mana multiplier, which is applied. Gems in this item have [property] is not using a specific support gem, so there is no mana multiplier.
- There are different tiers of unique items. On drop, the rarity roll determines not only if the item will be unique but also from which tier. A random unique will then be pick from the determined tier's pool. When chancing, the probability of obtaining each tier is fixed. If there is no unique of the rolled tier or lower, a rare will be chanced instead.
- List of unique items with custom effects
- List of unique talking items
- Large visual list of unique items