The exact origin of the rhoa is unknown, but tales abound that they are the creation of a child god at play. After all, they combine the features of a great, four-legged beast from the plains with those of a magpie. When engaged from afar, rhoas use their powerful legs to rapidly close the distance on their enemies, charging in to deliver a massive impact that can stun, knock back or kill. They're equally vicious up close, using their wickedly sharp claws to disembowel and cripple. It is said that a deep wound from a rhoa will never heal, so be wary if you see their nests among the trees. They are extremely territorial, and will fight to the death if disturbed.
|Rhoa Scavenger||Light brown||The Mud Flats, The Old Fields, The Wetlands||N/A|
|Albino Rhoa||White||The Mud Flats||N/A|
|Great Rhoa||Red||The Mud Flats||N/A|
|Bone Rhoa||White||The Fetid Pool, The Library, The Archives||Undead|
|Murk Runner||Dark brown||The Ship Graveyard, The Ship Graveyard Cave, The Caverns||N/A|
|Primordial Rhoa||Untainted Paradise||Extra Life|
- Oozeback Bloom in Mud Flats
- Drought Maddened Rhoa in several maps
- Bone Bird in Catarina missions
- The First Rhoa in Untainted Paradise
- chris_wilson (January 14, 2015). "TIL that Moa were real birds and the size scale used in PoE is quite accurate". Reddit.
- Chris (April 30, 2014). "1.1.3 Patch Notes". Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved November 7, 2015.