Please help by adding citations to reliable sources.
Some monsters spawn with affixes that make them more difficult. Magic monsters have one affix; Rare monsters have three affixes, one of which may be an aura. This system is similar to rarity on items, in that magic monsters have their affix added to their name and rare monsters are given a randomly generated name.
List of Affixes
|Hexproof||Immune to Curses (Requires monster level 16)|
|Massive1||50% Increased Life|
|Plated||Takes 40% Reduced Physical Damage|
|Precise||40% more Accurate|
|Sanguine||Regenerates 100% More Life Per Second|
|Savage||Deals 25% Extra Damage|
|Splitting||Fires 2 Additional Projectiles|
|Steadfast||Cannot Be Stunned|
|Swift||Moves 50% Faster|
|Vengeful||Gives Frenzy Charges to allies on death|
|of Anger||Gains a Frenzy Charge for every quarter of Maximum Life lost|
|of Elemental Resistance||Gains 40% resistance to Elemental Damage|
|of Endurance||50% chance to gain an Endurance Charge on Hit|
|of Evasion||40% chance to evade attacks|
|of Fervor||40% increased attack speed|
|of Flames||25% of damage converted to fire damage|
|of Frost||25% of damage converted to cold damage|
|of the Lamprey||Leeches Life (requires monster level 40)|
Note: These numbers are taken from an earlier version and may not be accurate.
- Allies Have Energy Shield
- Gives monsters an energy shield equal to 70% of their Life which absorbs damage and recharges when out of combat.
- Allies Resist Elemental Damage
- Increases monster elemental resistances by 35%.
- Allies Reflect Physical Damage
- Causes monsters to reflect 15% of the physical damage they receive back to their attacker. (Requires monster level 40)
- Allies Reflect Elemental Damage
- Causes monsters to reflect 15% of the elemental damage they receive back to their attacker. (Requires monster level 40)
- Allies have Life Regeneration
- Causes monsters to regenerate 2.5% of their maximum Life back per second.
- Allies Deal Extra Physical Damage
- Increases the damage that monsters deal by 30%.
- Allies Deal Substantial Extra Physical Damage
- Increases the damage that monsters deal by 50%.
- Allies Have Increased Accuracy and Critical Strike Chance
- Makes monsters 45% more accurate and increases their critical strike chance by 75%. For example, if they had a 5% critical strike chance before, now it would be 8.75%.
- Allies Move and Attack Quickly
- Increases monster cast speed, attack speed and movement speed.
- Enemies Are Slowed
- Decreases enemy movement and attack speed by 25%.
- Other Allies Cannot Die
- Nearby monsters can't have less than 1 life until they leave the aura radius or the monster using this aura is killed. If two monsters have this aura, they must be lured apart from each other.
All rare monsters have a chance to spawn with a Nemesis mod, in all leagues.
- Ancestral Power
- Randomly casts totems, with instant cast speed. Totem limit is 4.
- Adds no extra effect. See Soul Conduit below.
- On low life gains Fury (increases attack speed, increased movement speed, increased cast speed ... maybe more?).
- Bringer of Bones (requires monster level 15)
- Randomly casts , with instant cast speed. Skeletons will not decay over time like regular ones.
- Bringer of Fragility
- Curses targets with on hit.
- Bringer of Weakness (Requires monster level 4)
- Curses targets with on hit.
- Chronophage (Requires monster level 25)
- Curses targets with on hit.
- Corrupting Blood (Requires monster level 40)
- Attacker receives one charge of Corrupted Blood per hit, which is a bleeding effect (physical damage over time) that stacks up to 20 charges. The debuff can be removed with Staunching flasks. You can avoid the damage to your character by using minions, traps/mines or totems.
- Splits into 8-12 lesser mobs of the same type upon death.
- Hexfont (Requires monster level 15)
- Casts random curses every half second (estimated), with instant cast speed. You cannot be inflicted with more than one curse at the same time.
- Inner Treasure (Requires monster level 40)
- Always drops a unique item on death.
- Nullifier (Requires monster level 25)
- Removes charges and flask effects on hit (and timed buffs like Blood Rage? confirmation needed).
- Proximity Shield (Requires monster level 40)
- Can only be damaged by hits originating from inside the shield.
- Shroud Walker (Requires monster level 40)
- Periodically teleports to you via blinding smoke effect. , including the mine's
- Soul Conduit
- Resurrects itself and all corpses around it upon death, forcing you to fight it again with the same mods (except for Soul Conduit, which is replaced by Apparition). Note: Monsters with no corpses (Water Elementals for example) and corpses destroyed with skills such as and will not be resurrected.
- Soul Eater (Requires monster level 15)
- Consumes souls of other nearby monsters upon their death to become stronger. Each soul increases other affixes' effects, e.g. enough soul-fed nemesis with Life Regeneration becomes nearly unkillable due to crazy regen.
- Storm Herald (Requires monster level 60)
- Casts Lightning Storm over the target continuously with a short delay (similar to the spell used by Piety of Theopolis). Multiple Lightning Storms can overlap creating a high risk area.
- Volatile Flame/Ice/Storm blood (requires monster level 2)
- Explodes upon death, dealing some (percentage of max life?) damage of the relevant elemental type in a small area of effect.
In the Bloodlines league, every pack of magic monsters can spawn with a Bloodline modifier.
- Bearers of the Guardian
- Every mob slowly builds an animated guardian that can't be killed until the entire pack has been cleared.
- Bond of Chaos
- If the monsters are close to each other, they have an Ancestral Bond-like beam between each other, dealing heavy Chaos damage.
- Corrupted Bloodline
- Monsters give one charge of Corrupting Blood on death
- Cult of the Elements
- Each monster has a buff to elemental damage. Being near them applies elemental status effects to you.
- Cult of the Frozen Sky
- Monsters use an ice version of Firestorm.
- On death, each monster starts a storm-call-like bomb of their element.
- Flaring/Rime/Static Pulseblood
- A beam pulses between the mobs in the pack, if you are hit by it, it deals damage of the element.
- Heralds of the Obelisk
- Each corpse leaves an unkillable Obelisk that continues to cast a random spell until the whole pack is dead.
- Legacy of Vigor
- Each kill grants a Vigor charge to the rest of the pack, granting move speed and attack speed, similar to Frenzy charges, but stronger
- Legacy of Zeal
- Each kill grants a Zeal charge to the rest of the pack, not sure what the charge does though
- Living Blood
- When all the monsters die, a "Congealing Blood" or "Congealing Mud" elemental is summoned.
- Mark of the Cannibal
- Monsters can regain health from each other's corpses.
- Keepers of the Trove
- Each monster drops a rare item of the same type.
- When a monster dies, it leaves a green area on the floor. Other necrovigil monsters cannot die whilst stood in it.
- Monsters randomly cast a purple fog on them that lasts a couple of seconds, granting chaos damage and massive defenses.
- Phylacteral Link
- One of the monsters has a disc under it, and only that one can take damage. It bounces around so you have to keep changing your target.
- Shared Boon
- Monsters generate and share all types of charges with each other.
- Any information about the monster (affixes, type) is hidden.
- Spirit Walkers
- Each mob has an apparition (see Soul Conduit) of themselves doubling the size of the pack
- Union of Souls
- When killed, passes a buff to all remaining mobs that increases size and gives them more life. (Possibly increases attack and defensive stats)
- Voidspawn of Abaxoth
- Summons a unique Beyond Demon when the entire pack is killed.