Jump into the air, damaging enemies (and knocking back some) with your main hand where you land. Enemies you would land on are pushed out of the way. Requires an axe, mace, sword or staff.
20% chance to Knock Enemies Back on hit
Deals (100 to 122.8)% of Base Attack Damage
- "Long ago, the marauders of Oriath perfected a devastating battle technique - the ferocious Leap Slam. With a guttural cry, the leaper hurtles forward and smashes the ground at the feet of the enemy. The force from this blow deals substantial damage in a circle around the targeted spot, and will even knock back and stun. The Leap Slam is useful not only as an offensive technique, but also because it can serve, in a pinch, to escape from danger. The Marauders of Oriath were famous for attacking their foes from above, leaping down from high ledges to crush their enemies' skulls."
- — Description on the official Path of Exile website
Skill Functions and Interactions
Accuracy: Accuracy is a factor despite the nature of the skill. Leap Slam can miss.
Attack Speed: Leap Slam has its own attack time of 1.40 seconds and modifiers to attack speed will modify the speed at which Leap Slam performs. While its base attack time is not equal to the base attack time of your weapon, it does benefit from local attack speed modifiers on the weapon just like any other skill (multiplicatively). Leap Slam may seem slow when jumping small distances, but in reality, Leap Slam is simply always performed at the same modified speed regardless of the distance jumped.
Dual Wielding: Leap Slam will use only the main hand weapon.
Note that the tooltip incorrectly averages the DPS and APS of your Main and Off Hand weapons, even though only your Main Hand weapon will ever be used. This is true even if your Off Hand weapon could not be used with Leap Slam in the first place. You can calculate your actual APS by multiplying 1/1.4 with (1 + Main Hand Attack Speed Modifier) and your actual DPS by multiplying the result with your average Main Hand Total Combined Damage, your Chance To Hit and (1 + Main Hand Critical Strike Chance * (Main Hand Critical Strike Multiplier - 1)). Make sure to convert all %-values to actual numbers by dividing by 100 before plugging them into this formula.
This will give you a reasonably close approximation, as your chance to hit may vary between your Main and Off Hand but is averaged on the Character Screen.
Gem level progression
Leap Slam is primarily used as a movement skill. It is one of two skills that allow you to cross cliffs, chasms, and obstacles without prior preparation, the other being BrightbeakBrightbeak
War HammerOne Handed Mace
Physical Damage: (18–42 to 21–49)
Critical Strike Chance: 6.25%
Attacks per Second: 1.95Requires Level 20, 71 Str20% increased Stun Duration on enemies(50 to 75)% increased Physical Damage
50% increased Attack Speed
25% increased Critical Strike Chance
+(20 to 30)% to Fire Resistance
+(20 to 30)% to Lightning Resistance"I know how to say 'faster' and 'attack' in Karui, Marak and Ezo."
- Voll of Thebrus in the alternate weapon set is a popular weapon to use for moving with Leap Slam due to its huge increase in attack speed. A Prismatic EclipsePrismatic Eclipse
Twilight BladeOne Handed Sword
Physical Damage: (43–97 to 53–106)
Critical Strike Chance: 5%
Attacks per Second: 1.30Requires Level 53, 91 Str, 91 Dex18% Increased Accuracy Rating8% additional Chance to Block while Dual Wielding
Adds (20–31 to 30–40) Physical Damage
25% increased Physical Damage with Weapons per Red Socket
12% increased Global Attack Speed per Green Socket
0.4% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana per Blue Socket
+2 to Melee Weapon Range per White Socket"A raging Solaris seared and contorted the orb's surface.
A despairing Lunaris filled the scars with her tears.
Yet Viridi remained, trapped within, forever more."
- Azmerian Creation Myth with green sockets can be used in the other hand if even more speed is desired.
Quest rewardThis skill is given as quest reward for the following quests:
|The Caged Brute|
Vendor rewardThis skill can be bought at the listed npc vendors after completing the following quests:
|The Caged Brute|
- Path of Exile. "Strength skills". Official Path of Exile website.