Considering helping out on the wiki to keep it updated - in particular the changed unique items need to be updated to reflect 2.6.0 changes.
Mods and base items have been updated to 2.6 values - skill progressions on some skill gem pages may need updating or some bugs need to be fixed.
The term hit refers to a strike dealt by an attacker to a target, which usually causes damage. The damage can be mitigated up to 0, but can never be negative. Damage dealt by hits always has one of 3 damage sources: attack, spell or secondary. Contrariwise, damage over time never hits.
Besides the amount of damage, its types and source, hits provide related mechanics and effects, such as:
- critical strikes
- penetration and resistance ignoring (i.e. Inevitable Judgement)
- accuracy (for attacks only)
- modifications to target's block and dodge chances (i.e. Block Chance Reduction SupportBlock Chance Reduction SupportSupport
Icon: BRequires Level 18Acquisition
Level: 18Per 1% Quality:
0.25% reduced Enemy Block Chance(20-30)% reduced Enemy Block Chance
(20-29)% reduced Enemy chance to DodgeThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket.)
On/when hit effects
There are countless number of effects that can occur after hit is completed and damage is dealt:
- gain temporary buffs (e.g. charges)
- inflict debuffs (e.g. status ailments, curses or bleed)
- gain life, mana or energy shield
- culling strike
- skill-specific effects (e.g. Arctic BreathArctic BreathProjectile, Spell, Duration, AoE, Cold
Mana Cost: (11 to 21)
Cast Time: 0.80 sec
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Projectile Speed: 844Requires Level 28Acquisition
Level: 28Fires a frozen skull projectile that leaves a trail of ground ice behind it. It explodes on impact, creating more ground ice and damaging targets within an area.Per 1% Quality:
0.5% increased Area of EffectDeals (52-608) to (78-913) Cold Damage
Base duration is (0.88-1.65) secondsPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.'s explosion).
Additionaly some effects have specific requirements, such as Life Gain on Hit SupportLife Gain on Hit SupportAttack, Support
Mana Multiplier: 150%Requires Level 8Acquisition
Level: 8Per 1% Quality:
+0.5 Life gained for each enemy hit by Supported Attack+(6-44) Life gained for each enemy hit by Supported AttackThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket. only working with attacks, culling strike only affects enemies with less than 10% life, and Voll's ProtectorVoll's Protector
Holy ChainmailArmour: 220
Energy Shield: 65Requires Level 35, 53 Str, 53 Int5% reduced Movement Speed (Hidden)60% increased Armour and Energy Shield
50% reduced maximum Mana
Gain a Power Charge for each Enemy you hit with a Critical StrikeAlthough a great leader during the war,
Voll proved disastrous in times of peace.'s effect needing a critical strike.
There are modifiers that can apply their effects only when a certain condition is met. Modifiers that are conditional on properties of the target do not affect damage over time because only hits are able to check someone else properties. For example, more Damage against Chilled Enemies from Hypothermia SupportHypothermia SupportCold, Support
Mana Multiplier: 120%Requires Level 31Acquisition
Level: 31Per 1% Quality:
1.5% increased Chill Duration on Enemies(20-39)% more Damage against Chilled Enemies
10% chance to Freeze Enemies which are ChilledThis is a Support Gem. It does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it. Place into an item socket connected to a socket containing the Active Skill Gem you wish to augment. Right click to remove from a socket. doesn't increase damage from DoTs.
- Mark_GGG (June 22, 2016). "Mechanical Questions Thread". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved June 22, 2016.
- Mark_GGG (February 21, 2016). "GGG, can we get some answers on Conversion please?". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved February 21, 2016.
- Mark_GGG (October 9, 2015). "Poison Arrow's DoT + AA + Hypothermia works?". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved January 15, 2017.
- Mark_GGG (June 9, 2016). "Mechanical Questions Thread". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved July 05, 2016.