Hits the enemy, converting some of your physical damage to cold damage. If the enemy is frozen and is on less than one third life, they will shatter when hit with Glacial Hammer. Requires a Mace or Staff.
x% increased Physical Damage
50% of Physical Damage Converted to Cold Damage
Deals 130% of Base Damage
x% Chance to Freeze enemies
35% increased Chill Duration on enemies
- "Where Infernal Blow burns hot, Glacial Hammer freezes to the bone. The spell infuses a Mace or Staff with the essence of pure ice, making a weapon so cold it can barely be handled. A successful hit from Glacial Hammer deals grievous damage, and if the target is already frozen and near death, it will shatter into thousands of shards. The more skilled one becomes at inscribing the runes for Glacial Hammer, the greater the frostbite becomes, eventually leaving most foes frozen solid."
- — Description on the official Path of Exile website
Glacial Hammer hits the enemy, converting some of your physical damage to cold damage. If the enemy is frozen and is on less than one third life, they will shatter when hit with Glacial Hammer. Requires a Mace or Staff.
Skill Functions and Interactions
Damage conversion: Like all converted damage, the cold damage component of Glacial Hammer's damage will be modified by Cold Damage, Elemental Damage and Physical Damage.
Dual Wielding: Dual Wielding attacks will alternate weapons unless one of the weapons is not a hammer. In this case, the hammer will be used for all attacks.
Unique Enemies: Unique enemies that are frozen will not shatter at 1/3 life.
Gem level progression
This skill can be gained as a reward for finishing quests:
- Dying Exile in Act 1 (Normal), by Templar
- Mercy Mission in Act1 (Normal), by Marauder
- Breaking Some Eggs in Act1 (Normal), by Marauder and Witch
- Path of Exile. "Strength skills". Official Path of Exile website.