Hits the enemy, converting some of your physical damage to cold damage. If the enemy is frozen and is on less than one third life, they will shatter when hit with Glacial Hammer. Requires a Mace or Staff.
50% of Physical Damage Converted to Cold Damage
Deals x% of Base Damage
25% Chance to Freeze enemies
35% increased Chill Duration on enemies
- "Where Infernal Blow burns hot, Glacial Hammer freezes to the bone. The spell infuses a Mace or Staff with the essence of pure ice, making a weapon so cold it can barely be handled. A successful hit from Glacial Hammer deals grievous damage, and if the target is already frozen and near death, it will shatter into thousands of shards. The more skilled one becomes at inscribing the runes for Glacial Hammer, the greater the frostbite becomes, eventually leaving most foes frozen solid."
- — Description on the official Path of Exile website
Glacial Hammer is an attack that hits the enemy, converting half of physical damage to cold damage. If the enemy is frozen and is on less than one third life, they will shatter when hit with Glacial Hammer. Requires a Mace or Staff.
Skill Functions and Interactions
- Damage conversion: Like all converted damage, the cold damage component of Glacial Hammer's damage will be modified by Cold Damage, Elemental Damage and Physical Damage.
- Dual Wielding: Dual Wielding attacks will alternate weapons unless one of the weapons is not a mace. In this case, the mace will be used for all attacks.
- Unique Enemies: Unique enemies that are frozen will not shatter at one third of maximum life.
Gem level progression
This skill is not given as quest reward.
Vendor rewardThis skill can be bought at the listed npc vendors after completing the following quests:
|Enemy at the Gate|
Scroll of WisdomScroll of WisdomStack Size: 40Identifies an itemRight click this item then left click an unidentified item to apply it.
Shift click to unstack.
The following threshold jewels augment the skill gem:
|Shattered Chains ||Crimson Jewel||N/A||Medium|
(5 to 15)% increased Cold Damage
With at least 50 Strength Allocated in Radius, 20% increased
Rarity of Items dropped by Enemies Shattered by Glacial Hammer
- Path of Exile. "Strength skills". Official Path of Exile website.