Performs an attack that gives the character a frenzy charge if it hits. Frenzy charges increase your attack speed.
Deals 110% of Base Physical Damage
x% increased Physical Damage per Frenzy Charge
5% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge
- "The bread and butter of any effective combat skill set, Frenzy is used by many and feared by all. With Frenzy active, every successful attack dealt accelerates the next attack, transforming the player into an offensive dervish. Once the Frenzy is at full intensity, it can be maintained indefinitely as long as the player strikes a new target in time. Several skills consume Frenzy charges when they are activated, enabling new ways to decimate foes."
- — Description on the official Path of Exile website
Frenzy (the attack skill) grants frenzy charges, but the skill also gets large bonuses from the frenzy charges that it builds. Frenzy is not the only skill that grants frenzy charges, but it is an excellent way to build them quickly.
A Frenzy attack may be performed with any weapon type, or with no weapon equipped.
Skill Functions and Interactions
Dual Wielding: Dual wielding attacks with Frenzy will alternate weapons each attack.
Increased Physical Damage per Frenzy Charge: When you use Frenzy (the skill) to attack an enemy, you will receive a bonus to the physical damage done by that attack based on how many frenzy charges you had before using the skill. If you have two frenzy charges and attack with a level 10 Frenzy (the skill), you will receive a 14% increased physical damage bonus. If the attack hits, you will also receive another frenzy charge.
Increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge: When you use Frenzy (the skill) to attack an enemy, you will receive a bonus to the attack speed of the attack based on how many frenzy charges you had before using the skill. Note that frenzy charges grant +5% attack speed per charge to any attack, which also apply to attacks made with Frenzy (the skill). So, if you have a level 10 Frenzy skill gem and two frenzy charges, you will get a total of 26% (2 * 8% + 2 * 5%) increased attack speed with your next attack made with Frenzy, but only a 10% increased attack speed bonus with any other attack that does not have a similar bonus.
Multiple Projectiles: When Frenzy is used with a ranged weapon and multiple enemies are hit, only one frenzy charge maximum will be gained per use of the skill.
Melee Splash: Only one Frenzy charge will be granted no matter how many enemies are hit by it.
Multistrike: Only one Frenzy charge can be granted per sequence of attacks.
Despite its Melee tag, its damage is not increased by linking it to melee support gems while using a bow. This includes Melee Damage on Full Life, Melee Physical Damage and Multistrike. However, the mana cost will increase as normal. Such gems will function with a melee weapon.
Gem level progression
| Physical Damage
This skill can be gained as a reward for finishing quest:
- Intruders in Black in Act 2 (Normal), by Shadow, Ranger and Duelist
- Lost in Love in Act 3 (Normal), by Shadow, Marauder, Ranger and Duelist
- Path of Exile. "Dexterity skills". Official Path of Exile website.