There are some currently some changes to the item template being made over the next days. This may result in some pages related to items displaying odd or broken items temporarily.
Freezing PulseProjectile, Spell, Cold
Mana Cost: (4 to 18)
Cast Time: 0.65 sec
Critical Strike Chance: 6.00%
Damage Effectiveness: 125%
Projectile Speed: 1800Drop Level: 1An icy projectile which has a chance to freeze enemies it passes through. The projectile fades quickly, reducing damage and freezing chance until it runs out of time and dissipates completely.Per 1% Quality:
2% increased Projectile SpeedDeals (7 to 689)-(11 to 1034) Cold Damage
(0 to 19)% increased Projectile SpeedPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.
Sometimes a spellcaster just needs crowd control. When beset by a hostile throng, masters of ice magic frequently employ the deadly Freezing Pulse. The spell pierces easily through the thickest hide and the toughest armor, spinning and freezing in an icy whirl until it impacts a distant target. The Pulse is at peak strength when it's cast, so it has the greatest effect on enemies that are right up next to the caster. Of course, these are also the enemies presenting the most threat, and they are left frozen solid or slain outright.Description on the official Path of Exile website 
Skill functions and interactions
- Automatic piercing: Freezing Pulse has a 100% chance to pierce enemies, but cannot travel through terrain obstacles. Modifiers to pierce, aswell as other projectile effects (e.g. forking and chaining) do not have any effect.
- Chance to freeze: The Freezing Pulse projectile has an inherent 25% chance to freeze at its starting point, but which decreases linearly by the percentage of the projectile's lifetime elapsed. Therefore after one quarter of the projectile's lifetime, Freezing Pulse's inherent chance to freeze is 0%.
- Projectile speed: The projectiles move at an average speed of close to 165 units/s for 0.375 seconds, putting their effective range at somewhere around 60ish units. Modifiers to projectile speed cause them to travel farther before they dissipate, effectively increasing their range. Freezing Pulse modified by projectile speed will cause more damage and have a better chance to freeze at every point along its trajectory than a slower Freezing Pulse projectile would, because it has had less time to dissipate.
Gem level progression
Quest rewardThis skill is given as quest reward for the following quests:
|Enemy at the Gate|
Vendor rewardThis skill can be bought at the listed npc vendors after completing the following quests:
|Enemy at the Gate|
Scroll of WisdomScroll of WisdomStack Size: 40Identifies an itemRight click this item then left click an unidentified item to apply it.
Shift click to unstack.
- "Intelligence skills". Official Path of Exile website.
- Mark_GGG (June 8, 2015). "Shock Nova tooltip is poorly worded and confuses many people". Official Path of Exile subreddit. Retrieved June 10, 2015.
- Mark_GGG (July 19, 2016). "Mechanical Questions Thread". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved July 19, 2016.