Flaming bolts rain down over the targeted area. They explode when landing, dealing damage to nearby enemies.
Deals x–y Fire Damage
Base duration is 1.30 seconds
One fireball falls every 0.10 seconds
- "Perhaps the most feared area effect skill in the Witch's arsenal, the mighty Firestorm skill is legendary for its power and cruelty. The incantation tears a rift in the heavens that showers a wide swath of ground in a rain of searing flames. These bolts pound down without mercy, burning everything they touch, then exploding violently to cause even more harm."
- — Description on the official Path of Exile website
Skill Functions and Interactions
Area of Effect: Increased AoE will increase both the area in which the fireballs randomly fall and also the radius of the individual fireball damage. Full spell damage is done at any point within the AoE of a fireball. This is why, contrary to popular belief, increasing the AoE of Firestorm has no effect on its damage to a single target.
Duration: Increasing duration with either supports or passives will increase the total number of fireballs that fall before the spell ends.
Damage Effectiveness: Damage from secondary sources like 'added damage' supports or heralds applies at only 20% of their listed value.
Damage per Second: Due to the complexity of estimating actual DPS of the skill including all possible factors, ingame tooltip shows only average damage per hit of one fireball, with actual DPS of the skill being considerably higher. The closest currently available estimate can be obtained by using the calculator on this link.
Gem level progression
This skill can be gained as a reward for finishing quests:
- Breaking Some Eggs in Act 1 (Normal) by Scion, Templar and Witch
- Enemy at the Gate in Act 1 (Cruel) by Marauder
Alternate skill effects
| Siege Firestorm Effect
||25|| Replaces the standard projectile effects on a gem with burning cages of spiked metal. |
- Path of Exile. "Intelligence skills". Official Path of Exile website.