Corrupted is a special modifier introduced in the Sacrifice of the Vaal mini-expansion. Items and strongboxes with this modifier cannot be altered further with crafting orbs or restored to an Eternal OrbEternal OrbStack Size: 10Creates an imprint of an item for later restorationRight click this item then left click on an item to create an imprint. This imprint can later be used to restore this specific item to that imprinted state. imprint. The sockets and links of a corrupted item can still be changed by a level 8 Vorici.
The corrupted modifier may be found in the following circumstances:
- Items the player uses a Vaal OrbVaal OrbStack Size: 10Corrupts an item, modifying it unpredictablyRight click this item then left click an item to corrupt it. Corrupted items cannot be modified again.
Shift click to unstack. on will be corrupted and may be otherwise changed in the process.
- Items contained within a corrupted strongbox may become corrupted.
- Vaal skill gems will always be corrupted, whether found in a Vaal Vessel or crafted using a Vaal Orb.
- Corrupted areas will always be corrupted.
- Chris (March 4, 2014). "1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved August 4, 2014.